Author Topic: Hate Crimes  (Read 202 times)

J Bananas

Hate Crimes
« on: October 17, 2005, 10:25:37 AM »
How do you guys feel about the classification of "hate crimes" in prosectuing certain crimes? Are they helpful and should people be punished more for their bias? or is it all some pc horseshit? IMO "hate crimes" are just another way of classifying people on a large level and don't really do anything for race relations, or gay/straight relations at all. The idea that someone should be punished more severely because of their prejudices is childish and in fact just another bias against people who don't want to conform to whatever pc agenda sought after by the select amount of people in control. Anybody have any experience with this issue, opinions?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Hate Crimes
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 10:37:28 AM »
murder is an act of hate, it makes no different if you kill someone because of their skin colour, religion or because they did something that pissed you off the penalty should be the same. the only difference in classification is if it was provoked or unprovoked.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 10:42:01 AM »
I pretty much agree with you. I also feel it is easy to take out of context, South Park did a great satire on it a few years back.

If I get in a fight, and the person is black or gay or whatever, can they make a claim that it was due to that fact if it wasn't? The PC bullshit would believe the person of a minority ethnicity as opposed to a straight white man.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 10:47:22 AM »
yeah thats true...

but there are people that will out n out attack on grounds of race or sexuality...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 10:56:37 AM »
The idea that someone should be punished more severely because of their prejudices is childish and in fact just another bias against people who don't want to conform to whatever pc agenda sought after by the select amount of people in control.

Confirmed.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 11:20:06 AM »
i did a report on hate crimes a couple years ago in high school, it was about this man named James Byrd, Jr. He was a black man (i think around 40-50) liviing in Jasper, Texas, he was at this party drinking with a couple of his friends and decided to walk home since his house wasn't too far from the party...well 3 white guys picked him up, took him to this forest or som shit, called him a nigger an all that so the guy tackled the one who said it on the floor, but the other 2 guys started beatin him up and shit and then they tied him to the back of their truck by his ankles and dragged him a couple miles and dropped his severed head off infront of this cemetary in an all black community...they classified it as a hate crime because a couple of the guys used to be in anti-black organizations (similar to the KKK) and 1 of the suspects squealed on the other 2 and made it seem as if they did it because he was black.

hate crimes are used to maximize punishments, but if its a murder ur gonna send him to life in jail or execute them so it doesn't really affect those kind of crimes...but maybe some lower level crimes like battery & assault on a person just because of their race/ethnicity/sexual orientation,etc. should be used

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 06:57:55 PM »
Hate crimes are stupid because it shouldn't be a crime to hate someone, it should only be a crime to act on that hate. Is killing someone because of their race really any worse than killing someone because you want their wallet? Another problem is that authorities very rarely charge minorities with hate crimes against white people, even when they use racial slurs, etc.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 07:28:49 PM »
Another problem is that authorities very rarely charge minorities with hate crimes against white people, even when they use racial slurs, etc.

are you kidding me? maybe the world is just different where you live, but i doubt it.  really you deserve to get your ass beat for being so stupid.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 07:31:45 PM »
Hate crimes are stupid because it shouldn't be a crime to hate someone, it should only be a crime to act on that hate. Is killing someone because of their race really any worse than killing someone because you want their wallet?

yes, yes it is much worse.  the person who needs the wallet needs money to survive eat whatever he needs to do, even tho its wrong, its not nearly as bad as shooting some guy who works at 7-11 because the twin towers fell down.  thats some dumb shit.  hate is terrible.

WestCoasta

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 08:11:44 PM »
Hate Crimes are my thang  8)