Author Topic: The Game Makes a Billion???  (Read 1088 times)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Game Makes a Billion???
« on: October 18, 2005, 03:38:09 PM »
The Game Makes a Billion???
Thursday - October 13, 2005
K.B. Tindal

In the world of Hollywood, rappers are continuously making the transformation from music to acting. Dr. Dre’s protégé, The Game, is no different. He will soon star in a new film titled The Billionaire Boys Club.

The movie is based on a character that The Game plays named G. G goes to prison for a crime and upon returning home his old friends are waiting and ready to pull G right back in to the same lifestyle that he had left behind during his incarceration..

Also starring in the film is Michael Williams better known as Omar from HBO’s cinematic drama series The Wire and rapper WC from the former group Westside Connection.

Fans can look for the film to appear in theatres soon.

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
Re: The Game Makes a Billion???
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 04:32:06 PM »
WC on screen!! I wanna see that..can't wait for it

I remember a film with WC..sumthin with some gangsta bitchez, some shit like that..dunno the title of it. Anyway..he was robbin a bank, he played stupid like fuck...that was funny!
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 06:22:11 PM »
that was set it off
My Future Wife:

soopa-man

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 06:30:47 PM »
WC and Game seem to be cool, at PowerHouse...I seen WC, Crazy Toones and Felli Fel walking near the entrance lobby, I was like "What Up Dub?" he seemed to be surprised someone was like what up! though...anyway it was right after Game finished performing...cool to see them cats working 2gether...

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 07:45:20 PM »
LOL I can ONLY see WC actin as a gangsta, but I'm sure he can do that great. Was it Set it off when he was bustin from out the back of the van?

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 09:01:40 PM »
cool

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 09:06:30 PM »
what is corny about rappers as actors is that they are already acting like gangsters on record and almost every role that rappers choose they gotta be a crazy gangster just to fit thier fuckin rap image.  Play a regular role like a husband or father or a lowlife.  That's corny that it's always gotta be a criminal.  The only good rapper/actor was PAC

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 10:29:54 PM »
I hope WC gets lots of shine in tha movie
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 10:33:50 PM by doubletrouble »

'EclipZe

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 06:08:15 AM »
hmmm when will this movie come out ?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 08:05:10 AM »
LOL I can ONLY see WC actin as a gangsta, but I'm sure he can do that great. Was it Set it off when he was bustin from out the back of the van?

He bust a gun out the back of a van in Friday.

Eihtball

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 08:48:57 AM »

Yeah, firing a MAC-10 sideways - like he's actually gonna hit shit doing that.

It is annoying to me when rappers only play gangstas in movies, like that's the only thing they can possibly do.  At least with Pac, Ice-T, Ice Cube, and Mos Def, you see them trying a wide variety of roles (though they have played gangstas in movies before).  Most rappers, though - they can't act for shit, so they compensate by getting themselves cast in roles that are consistent with their musical image.

BIGMOZ

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 08:53:26 AM »

Yeah, firing a MAC-10 sideways - like he's actually gonna hit shit doing that.

It is annoying to me when rappers only play gangstas in movies, like that's the only thing they can possibly do.  At least with Pac, Ice-T, Ice Cube, and Mos Def, you see them trying a wide variety of roles (though they have played gangstas in movies before).  Most rappers, though - they can't act for shit, so they compensate by getting themselves cast in roles that are consistent with their musical image.

You make a good point, but you have to remember their primary focus and "living" is from their music business.  If Game goes off and does a movie where he is playing Mr. Mom (like that flick with Cube, or Vin Diesel), he will destroy the credibility of his rap image.  It doesn't matter that its a movie, it will destroy his image, and product.  So if he doesn't get consistant acting gigs where he can get paid doing it, he will have shot himself in the foot, by killing off his music career.  Rap fans are not forgiving, as they see any image you carry within the media, a reflection of your music image, as a reflection of your real life. 

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 11:09:11 AM »
hmmm when will this movie come out ?

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 11:41:01 AM »
im not expecting this to be good.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

IzUwitIt

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 11:56:37 AM »
I remember dub acting in One On One ages ago. Same episodes Marques Houston was in