Poll

Artest vs Odom/Brown?

Hell yeah! Artest is the real deal
Hell no! Odom/Brown are the future of the NBA

Author Topic: Would you make that trade? (Artest vs Odom/Brown)  (Read 1472 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Would you make that trade? (Artest vs Odom/Brown)
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2005, 09:32:23 PM »
There's something you dont find in them stats: it's the heart.

Yes, that's an argument. But you don't trade two potential superstars for a moron with heart, especially when the potential superstars have posted up better numbers.

exactly. id be hesitant to give up artest for odom just straight-up, no way in hell is he worth both odom AND kwame

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2005, 10:16:53 PM »
My point is that you cant use career numbers to illustrate a point in this situation, since both players have been put in different situations.  Artest has never been the first option on a team to score.    Also, Artest's value on defense is just way better than Odom

My point is that Kwame + Odom are currently more valuable than Artest, and could be EXTREMELY more valuable in the future.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2005, 10:18:54 PM »
There, so we both make two different points without disagreeing with each other.  lol

acbaylove

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2005, 04:27:11 AM »
In the future? Artest is 26, just like Odom.
My point is simply that Parker+ARTEST+Bryant+PF+Mihm > Parker+ODOM+Bryant+BROWN+Mihm
And, like i said in the first post (but nobody cared): "Obviously you had to acquire another PF."
So i'd rather trade to get another PF having Artest as my starting SG/SF than going with this roster.
Basically i'm saying Artest > Odom and that i'd rather trade to get a better PF than risking with Brown (considering we have no backups PF to help him if he'll fail).
You're making it like i killed your dog.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2005, 04:57:15 AM »

loooool!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2005, 10:21:05 AM »
My point is simply that Parker+ARTEST+Bryant+PF+Mihm > Parker+ODOM+Bryant+BROWN+Mihm
And, like i said in the first post (but nobody cared): "Obviously you had to acquire another PF."
So i'd rather trade to get another PF having Artest as my starting SG/SF than going with this roster.
Basically i'm saying Artest > Odom and that i'd rather trade to get a better PF than risking with Brown (considering we have no backups PF to help him if he'll fail).

Your point sucks. Artest has met his potential, he is currently playing the best basketball he possibly can after taking some time to develop. Now we have 2 players. One is currently in the developing stage (which Artest went through) and one has played on an all-star level in the past, but needs to learn how to utilize his skill to become a top 10 player in the NBA. Now imagine how dumb you'd feel if both Odom and Kwame developed into superstars and you traded them for Artest, but Artest is retiring the next year to make a country CD, while Odom and Kwame are on top of the league. That's why people don't make trades like these, because the possibilities can leave you with the label "worst GM ever"...You say that a Smush, Kobe, Artest, power forward acquisation, & Mihm line-up would be better than a Smush, Kobe, Odom, Kwame, & Mihm line-up, yet you have no idea how a system like that would work out...Who would be the initiator? Who is skilled enough to keep Kobe on the wing? Where will we find a power forward? Without Kwame, our power forward is Cook. Without Lamar, the plan to run the triangle is demolished...You have no clue what you're saying, give up the "Laker fan" title.

wcsoldier

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2005, 10:50:15 AM »

Your point sucks. Artest has met his potential, he is currently playing the best basketball he possibly can after taking some time to develop. Now we have 2 players. One is currently in the developing stage (which Artest went through) and one has played on an all-star level in the past, but needs to learn how to utilize his skill to become a top 10 player in the NBA. Now imagine how dumb you'd feel if both Odom and Kwame developed into superstars and you traded them for Artest, but Artest is retiring the next year to make a country CD, while Odom and Kwame are on top of the league. That's why people don't make trades like these, because the possibilities can leave you with the label "worst GM ever"...You say that a Smush, Kobe, Artest, power forward acquisation, & Mihm line-up would be better than a Smush, Kobe, Odom, Kwame, & Mihm line-up, yet you have no idea how a system like that would work out...Who would be the initiator? Who is skilled enough to keep Kobe on the wing? Where will we find a power forward? Without Kwame, our power forward is Cook. Without Lamar, the plan to run the triangle is demolished...You have no clue what you're saying, give up the "Laker fan" title.
I highly doubt Odom or Brown will be one day better than Artest . Plus there are differences between being a fan and being very subjective

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2005, 11:04:28 AM »

I highly doubt Odom or Brown will be one day better than Artest . Plus there are differences between being a fan and being very subjective

Just because you highly doubt that doesn't mean it's true. I mean, it wouldn't take much to surpass Ron Artest's level. The combination of Kwame + Odom will currently put up better numbers than Ron Artest by far. Imagine if they actually reached full potential...

acbaylove

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2005, 12:59:29 PM »
lol man the only point you have is to make a 2 players vs 1 combination?
Just combine Artest with a productive PF and good night again.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2005, 01:01:55 PM »

Like a productive PF is easy to acquire? We have one now, why trade that away along with an all-star caliber player for one guy who can destroy your team in less than a second.

acbaylove

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2005, 02:36:10 PM »

Like a productive PF is easy to acquire? We have one now, why trade that away along with an all-star caliber player for one guy who can destroy your team in less than a second.

You're making it looks like Kwame Brown was a Saint in Washington.. Ask Wizard fans how Kwame tried to destroy their team! Anyway the answer is that the one who can destroy your team in less than a second can also make your team a contender one in less than a second, if he focus on basketball. And with Phil Jackson coaching him i like his chances. Parker, Kobe, Artest (what a defence!!!!), PF, C is 2/5 a real contender team. Just wait 1-2 more season to sign a big guy and you have the best team in the NBA. That's the plan. With Brown and Odom it's all about "let's hope they'll turn into superstars". Way more risky, cause in 2 years you might have to rebuild that team again.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2005, 02:55:14 PM »

You're making it looks like Kwame Brown was a Saint in Washington.. Ask Wizard fans how Kwame tried to destroy their team! Anyway the answer is that the one who can destroy your team in less than a second can also make your team a contender one in less than a second, if he focus on basketball. And with Phil Jackson coaching him i like his chances. Parker, Kobe, Artest (what a defence!!!!), PF, C is 2/5 a real contender team. Just wait 1-2 more season to sign a big guy and you have the best team in the NBA. That's the plan. With Brown and Odom it's all about "let's hope they'll turn into superstars". Way more risky, cause in 2 years you might have to rebuild that team again.

The plan is to acquire a top-notch superstar by 2007 or 2008, you dumbass. In the mean time, we have a lot of players with a lot of potential, the best basketball player in the world, and the best coach in the world to keep us a strong team. Kwame didn't destroy shit, everyone knows how Doug Collins and Michael Jordan would tag-team on him, and later Eddie Jordan had him in a bottemless pit...He's young as fuck, he still needs to learn and be coached. He has the skill, he has the talent, he has the physique, he has such a tremendous upside, and he's also been playing great this pre-season. He's going to be a beast...If Ron Artest reaches his full potential, he'll be great. If Kwame Brown reaches his full potential, he'll be AMAZING...There's just no reason in the world why this trade would be logical at all, given Odom & Kwame's upside and Artest's history, no fuckin way would this be a good trade...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2005, 03:02:18 PM »
Do you guys realize how much you went front to back over a fantasy trade that will NEVER happen? :D
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2005, 03:15:41 PM »
Do you guys realize how much you went front to back over a fantasy trade that will NEVER happen? :D

We're not arguing about the trade, we're arguing about the logic behind the trade.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2005, 03:20:12 PM »
It's just that you 2 got that subtle beef going on in the last couple of days.. it's some petty shit to me, there are people dying out there, those things do happen. You 2 basically argue about Lamar Odom for days. I mean Im not the one to tell people what they should talk about, but yeah, sorry to interrupt.
No, it's not a sin