Author Topic: If you were trying to introduce someone to rap...........  (Read 459 times)

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: If you were trying to introduce someone to rap...........
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 05:00:16 PM »
I would introduce them to Run-DMC, The Beastie Boys, Eric B & Rakim, Public Enemy, Mos Def and DJ Quik. That's the only artists I listen to regularly anymore really.

a little bit off topic, but damn homie how the fuck did u get over 2000 negative karma... :o.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 05:13:45 PM »
I would introduce them to Run-DMC, The Beastie Boys, Eric B & Rakim, Public Enemy, Mos Def and DJ Quik. That's the only artists I listen to regularly anymore really.

a little bit off topic, but damn homie how the fuck did u get over 2000 negative karma... :o.

Asking the wrong guy man. Ask the haters.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

herpes

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 05:26:38 PM »
depends on the person and what type of hip hop your trying to get to them

if you want to introduce to just pure hip hop then something like illmatic
if you want to introduce them to some party stuff something like doggystyle or legal drug money
if you want to introduce them to a more mature sound something like midnight maurauders or common...

your best bet is to give them a little bit of everything

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 05:35:24 PM »
Depends on what they like. If they listen to laid back/stoner music then  E. 1999 Eternal. If they're interested in the lyrics then  Me Against the World. If they like great production then  Safe+Sound, Rythm-al-ism, or The Chronic. If they aren't easily affended and just like great music then Death Certifacte.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 05:39:35 PM by BombFirst »

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 05:43:58 PM »

Asking the wrong guy man. Ask the haters.
LMAO

J Bananas

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 06:02:37 PM »
heres what i did for someone.

start em off with something not to lyrical, but lots of technique and good beats. eg. Bone Thugs.
Next, something with good beats and a little substance, but not necessarily the best technique. eg. DJ Quik. Then drop the classics on em, Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, the ones that everybody wanna hear. After that, they'll probably be into hip hop enough that they can make their own decsions on what they wanna listen to.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2005, 07:20:24 PM »
black album, chronic 2001, and the documentary would be pretty good because they are pretty easy albums to understand.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 06:56:23 AM »
lil wayne -tha carter

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 07:09:17 AM »
2001...That album got me into rap like big time, and I know alot of people who started to become rap fans after the album....

yup same here, when i stood up and took notice of tha west  8)

Throwback

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005, 02:04:25 PM »
some atmosphere, simply because thats almost the only hiphop i like.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 02:11:40 PM »
also i think the blueprint or reasonable, ill add those, i think jay z is a really easy rapper to like.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 03:12:43 PM »
2001...That album got me into rap like big time, and I know alot of people who started to become rap fans after the album....
I barely listened to rap until my uncle bought me this record when I was 13. After that i coundln't get enough rap. So definatly 2001.
I'd also go with doggystyle, some dj quik. Game's shit is easy to listen to. Same with Jay Z. After that id definatly turn them to illmatic like C-clamp said. And straight outta compton

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2005, 03:20:31 PM »

:whistle:

anyways, what I wanted to add is, The Blueprint (the Jay-Z one) is definitely a great album to get somebody into hiphop...poppy, but not watered down, melodic, brillantly produced and lyrically characteristic for the genre, but on a pretty good level

coola

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2005, 05:04:28 PM »
cypress hill - black sunday

thats what got me into hip-hop...

Diabolical

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2005, 05:08:40 PM »
If they are into death metal - Brotha Lynch Hung "Season Of Da Siccness"