Author Topic: If you were trying to introduce someone to rap...........  (Read 461 times)

Trauma-san

Re: If you were trying to introduce someone to rap...........
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2005, 09:57:18 PM »
Outkast would be the easiest to get somebody into rap.  Nobody's going to NOT enjoy something like Aquemini. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2005, 09:58:34 PM »
I would introduce them to Run-DMC, The Beastie Boys, Eric B & Rakim, Public Enemy, Mos Def and DJ Quik. That's the only artists I listen to regularly anymore really.

a little bit off topic, but damn homie how the fuck did u get over 2000 negative karma... :o.

Asking the wrong guy man. Ask the haters.

That's fucked up, man.  Lincoln would be one of the only people on the forum who actually DOESN'T deserve to get 'dissed'. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2005, 09:59:37 PM »
black album, chronic 2001, and the documentary would be pretty good because they are pretty easy albums to understand.

Is there such a thing as a rap album that's NOT easy to understand? 

coola

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2005, 11:41:55 PM »
black album, chronic 2001, and the documentary would be pretty good because they are pretty easy albums to understand.

Is there such a thing as a rap album that's NOT easy to understand? 

man i find myself listening to hip-hop with people, and i start laughin at a line or some shit (like a free record), and they dont even notice half the lyrics... dre's flow is real slow, and his voice is clear, i goto agree chronic 2001 is real easy to understand... plus you dont get distracted by the geniously simple beats, its easy listening..

WestCoasta

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2005, 02:07:56 AM »
a great DJ Quik album

Bigg $amo

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2005, 02:33:09 PM »
i'd go with doggystyle or me against the world

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2005, 07:36:13 AM »
It's hard to say because it depends on the person. If he already has a bad idea of rap like alot of people do who dont like the commercial stuff, then youll really have to pick a good album. I do know that i started listening to hip hop only 5 years ago (I was 14). On the way to washington DC for our 8th grade trip this kid, who became like a brother to  me starting at this point, showed me doggystyle. I wasnt obsessed with hip hop from then on, but i was obsessed with that cd. I memorized the whole thing and as the years passed i realized how much i liked rap, and i havent bought an album that wasnt hip hop ever. I have burned a couple but they get almost no air time on my cd player.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2005, 07:39:57 AM »
if you are honest with yourself you would HAVE to start them off with pop stuff, something they can relate and graudally build from

so in that case, the main one that comes to mind is eminem or 50 cent  ( unfortunately!!! )
NO MORE WAR

coola

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2005, 10:11:12 AM »
if you are honest with yourself you would HAVE to start them off with pop stuff, something they can relate and graudally build from

so in that case, the main one that comes to mind is eminem or 50 cent  ( unfortunately!!! )

50 - cent ? nah hell no... maybe slim shady, or marshal mathers... not so much eminem...

i think the best shit to start people on is pac, cube, dre, quik, warren, xzibit even jermaine dupri... not snoop doggy dogg coz that shit is real gangsta. i dont personally like over-board gangsta shit, although i like to hear sublte gangsta lines in the raps i listen to...

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2005, 01:47:07 PM »

50 - cent ? nah hell no... maybe slim shady, or marshal mathers... not so much eminem...

i think the best shit to start people on is pac, cube, dre, quik, warren, xzibit even jermaine dupri... not snoop doggy dogg coz that shit is real gangsta. i dont personally like over-board gangsta shit, although i like to hear sublte gangsta lines in the raps i listen to...

yeh good thinking throw them in the deep-end, let me know how that goes  ::)
NO MORE WAR

Inspire / Moss

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.DUBCNN.com
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2005, 07:40:23 PM »
Eazy-Duz-It never failed me, but thats so oldschool now.  hmm, i'd prolly say not chronic, but chronic 2001, thats got something everyone will like on it in my opinion.

~ Westcoast News Network ~