Poll

How many wins for the Lakers?

9+

Author Topic: Predict how many W Lakers will take in the first month of NBA  (Read 3322 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Predict how many W Lakers will take in the first month of NBA
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2005, 11:34:56 AM »
LMFAOOO...Do you realize how immature and moronic that logic is?

As immature and moronic as dissing other people for just thinking the same things you used to think before all of a sudden you totally changed your mind?

Good for them, do you honestly think they can come straight here and play on an NBA level? You've seen how long it usually takes to develop European big-men in the NBA, it's no fun waiting, so I'd rather keep Blount and Cook.

Nesterovic, Jaric and Ginobili had a good/great immediate impact in the NBA, just to make you three names.
yep and what about Divac and Sabonis , and soon Oberto ?. Though Jaric and Ginobili aren"t centers

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2005, 11:35:53 AM »
As immature and moronic as dissing other people for just thinking the same things you used to think before all of a sudden you totally changed your mind?

Yea...good thing I never did that.

Nesterovic, Jaric and Ginobili had a good/great immediate impact in the NBA, just to make you three names.

Ginobli and Jaric aren't big men, genius...And since when did Nesterovic have an immediate impact? LMAO. He didn't even get to play his first season and struggled during his next two...He obviously took time to develop and he still isn't the starting C on his team...If you make a point, make sure it's valid.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2005, 11:38:43 AM »
LMFAOOO...Do you realize how immature and moronic that logic is?

Good for them, do you honestly think they can come straight here and play on an NBA level? You've seen how long it usually takes to develop European big-men in the NBA, it's no fun waiting, so I'd rather keep Blount and Cook.

What about Divac and Sabonis , and soon Oberto. Though Jaric and Ginobili aren"t centers

I said USUALLY. At least you came up with some valid names though...I can't say that much for Antonio.

acbaylove

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2005, 11:46:54 AM »
Ginobli and Jaric aren't big men, genius...And since when did Nesterovic have an immediate impact? LMAO. He didn't even get to play his first season and struggled during his next two...He obviously took time to develop and he still isn't the starting C on his team...If you make a point, make sure it's valid.

I know they aint centers. I just named 3 guys who made the jump directly from Italy to the NBA.

I can name you Dirk, Gasol, AK47, Brezec, Krstic, Milicic (he didnt have a great immediate impact, but that's mostly because of Larry Brown), Radmanovic, Pavlovic, Ilgauskas, Songalia, Oberto, Gadzuric. Maybe some of them aint superstars, but them all are probably better than Medvedenko, Blount and Cook.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2005, 11:51:51 AM »

I know they aint centers. I just named 3 guys who made the jump directly from Italy to the NBA.

I can name you Dirk, Gasol, AK47, Brezec, Krstic, Milicic (he didnt have a great immediate impact, but that's mostly because of Larry Brown), Radmanovic, Pavlovic, Ilgauskas, Songalia, Oberto, Gadzuric. Maybe some of them aint superstars, but them all are probably better than Medvedenko, Blount and Cook.

My point is that acquring a player from Europe takes a lot of work, motivation, and effort in order to work. We are currently working on developing Kwame, Bynum, Wafer, Smush, Green, Odom, Mihm, Bobbit, Parada, Cook, etc.......Does it look like we have time to add another European prospect to that list?

acbaylove

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2005, 12:21:42 PM »
I'd rather spend time developing a skilled player from Europe than having Cook, Blount and Medvedenko in the roster.
But hey, hold on. I promised to be more positive. So i wanna believe in Cook. I've seen more footwork from him in this preseason. Plus he's the best shooter we have in our roster, so i think we will need him a lot this season. I wouldnt mind giving him a chance.
But Blount and Medvedenko aint Lakers material at all. I'd rather develope Parada.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 12:23:30 PM by Antonio »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2005, 12:27:09 PM »
I'd rather spend time developing a skilled player from Europe than having Cook, Blount and Medvedenko in the roster.
But hey, hold on. I promised to be more positive. So i wanna believe in Cook. I've seen more footwork from him in this preseason. Plus he's the best shooter we have in our roster, so i think we will need him a lot this season. I wouldnt mind giving him a chance.
But Blount and Medvedenko aint Lakers material at all. I'd rather develope Parada.
Af if cook didn't get enough bench splinters. I doubt he'll get playing time unless there is an injury or something.
It's a shame because he's got talent.

acbaylove

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2005, 12:34:14 PM »
I doubt he'll get playing time unless there is an injury or something.
It's a shame because he's got talent.

Sorry i didnt understand: are you talking about Cook? Cause i think he'll get playing time, since we only have Mihm, Odom and Brown who can play for 2 roles. And 17-years-old rookie Bynum.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2005, 12:39:04 PM »

Yes, Cook has indeed shown improvements this pre-season. He's actually using post-moves for the first time and has been boxing out and rebounding...Blount, however, would be more useful than you think, due to his veteran mentality, defensive presence, rebounding, and experience within the triangle...I wouldn't keep him on the court for more than 15 minutes, but he could be a helpful addition for 5-15 mins off the bench...Parada isn't even ready to contribute that much...Blount>Parada.

acbaylove

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2005, 12:52:18 PM »
Yeah, i was being sarcasting about Parada. I used to think Medvedenko was a promising player. I still remember a topic i made when we renovated him, praising Mitch's move. He has played well under Phil Jackson, he knows the triangle and he aint scared to shoot. That's not always a good thing, since he shoots too much and he never passes the ball, but he aint scared to do it, so sometimes it's a good thing. He has a great offensive impact, even if the only thing he can do is to make jumpshots from the midrange. But where he totally lacks is on defence. He cant defend. That's the sadly truth. He's one of the worse defenders in the NBA. But we could use him as a role player, when we need a big guy fouling Duncan, Stoudamire, Shaq, etc.. or when we need someone to make easy baskets. Overally i think he's still an Euroleague-player, but it's almost impossible to trade him (pretty big contract), so i'll give him another chance.

Blount is more mature and defensive-minded than Medvedenko. With the game on the line i'd rather have him than Medvedenko. Medvedenko can score 10 points in 2 minutes, but he can also make 5 fouls or he can let his opponent make 20 points. He's just immature, with no basketball IQ at all. Blount is not a talent, he aint skilled, but he can fight for his position, and he's a better defender.

Parada is too young, i dont know him.

Bynum looks promising. But i still dont know him.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 01:09:30 PM by Antonio »

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2005, 02:49:01 PM »
All of them..we're the Lakers.we're not supposed to have seasons like Last season >:(

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2005, 03:24:38 PM »
Well Kobe seems very excited about this season... so I'm guessing 7...

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

PLANT

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2005, 03:43:39 PM »
LMAO^^^^^^^^

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2005, 03:42:37 AM »
Laker fans arguin over who's a bigger fan....wow....lol

acbaylove

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2005, 05:09:46 AM »
now you also took the laker stuff out of your avatar.. LOL.. priceless.

lol naw, dont even try to question my love for the Lakers! >:(
I just wanna make a new logo, so in the meanwhile i'll use this one.

Here it is, the new one. Do you like it, sir? ;D 8)