Author Topic: NewYorkWar eminent Fmr-Bad Boys vs Cubic Zirconia vs Dipset vs G-Unit vs D-Block  (Read 149 times)

UAK

Sohh.com= DipsetCity is mad  >:(

It's been a while since Hip-Hop heads have heard from Black Rob. Since dropping his debut, Life Story in '99, the Harlem, NY emcee has had some run-ins with the law and was sidelined with a kidney disease, so it was unclear as to when fans would hear from him next. And suddenly, in 2005, he re-emerged with The Black Rob Report, his latest offering off of Bad Boy Records.

With keeping a low profile for so long, it was quite obvious Rob had a lot to say. In this SOHH.com feature, Black Rob talks passionately about his new album, his relationship with Diddy, and Mase signing with G-Unit.

SOHH.com: It's been quite some time since you dropped your debut Life Story. So why did ya wait so long to drop The Black Rob Report?

Black Rob: Why did I wait so long? Basically, if I could have put the album out any sooner, I would have did it. But, ya know, I was going through a couple of things with my health. You know, I had to take care of certain things. I had a kidney disailment. I had to take care of that, but other than that man, it was really up to me. It's the perfect time to drop it!

SOHH.com: Why's it the perfect time?

BR: Because the game needs B.R., especially New York. Don't you feel New York is the home of hardcore Hip-Hop? Don't you feel that in New York, we need our Hip-Hop artists back? Our hardcore artists back in the forefront? That type of music is what New York is known for. That's why I think B.R. is necessary right now.

SOHH.com: So you're looking to revive the New York Hip-Hop scene?

BR: Yeah, yeah, New York. Hardcore Hip-Hop. We back.

SOHH.com: So let's talk about The Black Rob Report. Who did you work with on it?

BR: Basically, I didn't work with anybody but some in-house help and that's it. I felt like I had to do this album by myself because, I'm tired of rappers having all these features, man. A lot of these albums are compilation albums. You know? And I'm the type of brother that I do what I do. I don't need nobody to do it, so when I come in, I'm making records for everybody, man. I'm doing it by myself, so that speaks a lot about me and people like to hear rappers that do their own album by yourself.

SOHH.com: So you have no collaborations or mega producers on The Black Rob Report?

BR: I mean, if you're talking about producers, then I got a lot of producers on here. As far as artists, only a couple. I got Akon; I got Babs, Ness, and Chopper... Petey Pablo [is] on the album doing a skit. Other than that, everything is everything, man. I really went in there and did it by myself, man.

SOHH.com: What was your inspiration behind the album?

BR: Inspiration behind the album? There really wasn't nothing. It was just me going back out there and doing what I do. That was my inspiration, man. I was just tired of being out of the game.

SOHH.com: So what topics are discussed on The Black Rob Report?

BR: I'm talking about things that went on in m life and things that go on everyday, so somebody could listen and be like, "Wow, that's me. He's speaking to me." When I did "Whoa," it just wasn't for me. Everybody related to that because they felt that, so that's what that situation is. I'm always speaking for a bigger audience, because when I make my records I make them for everybody else and when they hear them. They can relate to what they're saying. I'm not the only person with a problem that I have. Just like you have problems, you're not the only one with that problem. Say so?

SOHH.com: Do you address any of your legal worries?

BR: You know what? I say certain a things about it, but I don't really get into it, because I'm not the type of person to be all into my problems. Everybody got problems, so why should I be telling my problems? I may say something once or twice, but I'm here to make music and I can't let nothing else get in the way of that.

SOHH.com: Are their any songs that you're closely connected with?

BR: Oh yeah. "Star In Da Hood" is important because that's real talk right there. I ain't lie once in there. I got a joint on there, "Fire in da Hole," that means a lot to me because I feel I had to finish that record. Busta Rhymes is on that record. Then we got the joint with [The Notorious] B.I.G. because I did my story thing. Basically, every song on there means something to me, fam. I'm not gonna sit here and pick out my favorites. Everything on there means something to me. If it didn't, I wouldn't have did it.

SOHH.com: Right. How has Diddy supported you over the years? What role has he played with you lately?

BR: Yo, you know them Diddy questions would be killing me, right? It's like, it's like, you know... People are... Y'all on the outside looking in. Right? So when you on the outside looking in, do you think that what you are looking at it is a lie or a take? What do you see?

SOHH.com: I'm not sure. That's why I'm asking you.

BR: No, but what do you see? Like how do you think Puff feels about me? I don't mean to answer a question with a question, but how do you think P feels about me?

SOHH.com: I would assume you you two are close...

Black Rob: Yeah, me and P are close. I mean I've been on the label with him for 10 joints, so there should be some relationship there, right? We close, man but Puff Daddy is an artist just like me, man. He's a CEO, so that's basically what it is. It's that type of relationship, man.

SOHH.com: So it's like a business relationship?

Black Rob: Yeah.

SOHH.com: How has the game changed since you dropped Life Story?

BR: It changed a lot, man. There's a lot of saturated bullshit on the air, man. People are getting a lot of payola. The hardcore regulars don't see the light of days, especially the ones who need to get on the air. So, that's how the game changed. I see it, so I'm doing what I do and keeping the game [how it] was when I came in.

SOHH.com: Ok, you're from Harlem and we see you there all the time. However, some people may say you don't represent Harlem in your music like Cam'ron, Mase, and Big L. Is that a...

BR: I don't? Every joint I rap, I say I'm from Harlem. So why don't I rep Harlem?

SOHH.com: I don't know man. That's what I'm hearing from some people.

BR: What's some people? Who are some people? You know what man? I hear you, but I learned not to get into all of that. [shouting] I don't see Cam, Jim Jones... I don't see none of them niggas out here right now. Fuck them! You tell your people that.

SOHH.com: Ok, will do...

BR: (shouting) You tell your people that because I am Harlem. Every joint I spit, man. Every joint I spit, I spit Harlem. I don't spit Brooklyn, I don't spit Queens. It's Harlem, man. There's no other way, man. When I spit 16, Harlem is the first thing out of my mouth. This is Harlem! You can't come through with this. You can't say this is Brooklyn. How am I not representing Harlem? Damn! The first nigga to go platinum in Harlem. How am I not representing Harlem? You got to tell your people they're misinformed, man... And come see me in the hood.

SOHH.com: I'll be sure to tell the people that.

BR: Yeah, man. Go do that, man. You got the power! Cuz a lot of these dudes, they say they represent Harlem but they're nowhere near Harlem. I'm telling you, fam... They don't. They can say all that they wanna say, but these niggas don't hang out here. Damn, man. That shit kills me, man. I've been here all my life and I ain't spit nothing but Harlem.

SOHH.com: What are your feelings about Mase signing with G-Unit?

BR: Hey man, Mase signing with G-Unit... Hey, I don't care. Get money. Get money, man. He probably felt like he needed to make that move, so do what you do. I don't feel no kind of way like that, man. At the end of the day, Mase is going to have to answer to that man upstairs.

SOHH.com: Well who are some of the new cats you're diggin'?

BR: I'm feelin' a couple of dudes, man. Papoose be gettin' up. 50-that whole thing over there-them kids are taking their game to a whole new level. I can't say I don't like 50. Wow, man. T.I., Jeezy, Boyz N Da Hood, Big D. It's a few people in the game I respect. A lot of dudes talk the talk and it ain't nothing but beans and franks, man.

SOHH.com: What's one thing you want fans to know about Black Rob that they may not know?

BR: I want them to know I'm not hard to find and I'm not hard to get at. I don't have a bunch of security around where people can't touch me or talk to me. I want people to know me. [People] who can walk up the street and say, "What's up, man?" I'm a good person. Try to meet me before you judge me. Like you see in them magazines, talking that talk. Meet me and I swear to God, you'll have something good to say about the kid.

SOHH.com: So what's up with SCAM [a rap group that includes Rob, G. Dep and Raw Beans]?

BR: Sex, Cars and Money? Everything is golden with that. It's just a break off of alumni, man. We in to the scheme. We coming. It takes some people to involve themselves in what's going on, but we coming, man. We coming.

SOHH.com: You coming? For sure?

BR: Oh yeah, we coming, man. We got some new G. Dep shit coming out right now, man. We coming out, dawg. It's gonna be a problem!

SOHH.com: Lastly, there's a rumor going around ... I'm not sure how serious this is but supposedly you have 9 kids and 4 baby's mamas. Is this true?

BR: No way. I'm glad you asked me that because there's always a rumor. I don't have nine kids, man. I got five kids, man, that I love and I know they mine and I'm taking care of them. But nine kids? Nah man. That's false.

The rumor may have been false, but it's true that The Black Rob Report is in stores now.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/7727/2

« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 10:37:24 AM by KILLA CAM FAM »

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
no one gives a shit about new york

J Bananas

^^^hey i got a question are u from cali?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
R U A Fag??  ;D  stop chasing me in every thread :camp:

J Bananas

haha...so is that a yes or no?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wont answer your question..you figure it out sweetie  :-*   ;D :laugh:

J Bananas

i knew you wer just another european wishing he was from cali running his mouth. i'm born and raise in cali, i bet u wish u were me, do you? do yu wish you were me? does it make you hate your parents, yourself and your country cuz u wish u could be from here? eh? does it hurt? is your pride stinging right now?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
<------------ ;)

HA! Fag....i'm from Inglewood..you just made yourself look stupid..i was waiting for you to say that shit  ;D

J Bananas

you are so not from inglewood

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yes i be ...Inglewood SwapMeet bitch :P

« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 05:08:48 PM by Lakers Run L.A & Dubcc.com Sports Section :-) »

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
thanx 4 the article....i live in NY so fuck u asshole  >:(

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8