Author Topic: Yayo´s excuse for moving 215k the first week+warning Zino  (Read 510 times)

ABN

Yayo´s excuse for moving 215k the first week+warning Zino
« on: October 25, 2005, 01:11:46 PM »
In between two concert dates, Tony Yayo took the time to chat with SOHH.com and address The Source Magazine's G-Unot cover and his disappointing album sales.

Yayo phoned into Star and Bucwild's morning show last month and told (New York) Power 105.1's audience that he warned Source Chief Brand Executive Raymond "Benzino" Scott never to write about G-Unit again. According to Yayo, Benzino was shook and wanted to talk with the G-Unit rapper. Several weeks later, The Source released its November issue, taunting "G-Unot" on the cover.

"My response is no more passes cause I sat back and I gave him [Benzino] a pass," Yayo told SOHH.com. "He disrespected me by doing that. I'm bigger than that. Anybody who has to use a magazine as a weapon is soft. He can't even go through Boston. They set his car on fire. I'm doing a show in his town tomorrow. I'll say what I gotta say there.

Upon dropping Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon on August 30th, Yayo sold 214,687 CDs in his first week according to Nielsen's SoundScan. In the G-Unot issue, The Source notes the sales numbers and claim it's an indicator that the G-Unit brand is slipping. Yayo disagrees.

"Dudes is haters," says Yayo. "I did 215 [two hundred and fifteen thousand units] my first week with Kanye West [debuting as well]. My second week I dropped down to I think it was 60, by 33 percent something like that. Kanye West dropped down to the same numbers, but ain't nobody say nothing to him about it. But it's me, so they're like, 'Ohhh, Interscope is buying my records.' That's what he was saying to try to assassinate my character.

"I could have did more than 215,000," he adds. "I dropped the same day as Kanye-he's a Grammy Award winner and had way more promotion than me. [He had] Pepsi commercials, all kinds of things that I couldn't do. That was one of the biggest numbers that came out this year. Everybody else that came out was doing 100,000 and change. I did 215 with a Grammy award winner."

Yayo is presently touring the country as part of his "Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon" tour. The Queens, NY rapper is also prepping the release of Free Yayo, a video game soon to be available on wireless phones. He's also in talks to release his own liquor, start an adult entertainment agency and is soon to appear in 50 Cent's Bulletproof video game and Get Rich Or Die Trying soundtrack.

Get Rich Or Die Trying's soundtrack features Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Olivia, Mobb Deep and M.O.P. is scheduled to hit stores November 8th.

stop coming with excuses and just say that you´re never gonna talk shit about another rapper for selling 950k when you can´t even move those units yourself ;D

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
Re: Yayo´s excuse for moving 215k the first week+warning Zino
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 01:19:44 PM »
Yayo's a dumbass

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 01:24:54 PM »
both of those dudes are fuckin stupid

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 01:49:25 PM »
yayo did alot of his own promo  by sayin "fuck dblock! fuck fat joe! fuck game!" etc etc and sayin he wont flop so i dun see that as an excuse for him...

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 01:59:58 PM »
Yayo needs to look out for new opportunities on the job market.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 02:03:39 PM »
He should just stick to yelling over other people's beats cause that the only thing he's good at.Tony Yayo>>>Lil Jon

2nd ROund KnockOuT

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 02:04:09 PM »
olivia has to go job hunting with yayo

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 02:05:16 PM »
yea he could become the mixtape dj of gunit who yells stupid shit to ruin songs, kay slay style
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 02:06:34 PM »
^Every DJ needs to take lessons from Yayo,seriously,he's the only guy who does it right.

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 03:20:34 PM »
now he wasnt marketed right, ok...................

smp4life

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 03:29:11 PM »
Yayo gave Zino a pass? WTF? Yayo is on parole right? He can't do sh*t without going back to jail.

Also, Zino is shook? Yeah, so shook that he disregarded everything Yayo said and dropped the bomb on G-Unit in his mag.

coola

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 04:13:23 PM »
Yayo needs to look out for new opportunities on the job market.

" i hope i dont go back to slangin' yayo, slangin yaaaayo !! to get my maaaayoooo !!! "

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 04:27:41 PM »
yayo cant sell...benzino definately cant sell

i dont expect a sophmore yayo album anytime in the future

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 05:19:52 PM »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 05:33:12 PM »
Funny how much a person can talk shit, then when his ass is embarsed, he can make twice ass many excuses.

Why did u chage ur sig z_dizzle? :boohoo: