Author Topic: Which tracks did Royce Da 5'9" write on Chronic 2001  (Read 2585 times)

$do11a biLL$

Which tracks did Royce Da 5'9" write on Chronic 2001
« on: October 27, 2005, 11:03:40 AM »
I just read somewhere that he was a ghostwriter for Dre on that album anyone know which one/ones he did?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Which tracks did Royce Da 5'9" write on Chronic 2001
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 11:09:37 AM »
The Message

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 11:18:38 AM »
The Message
yep I blame Dre for this. If I have no pb he doesn't write his rhymes (he's a producer first) he could write on his own a song about his brother death. I mean just let his feelings out and write it down

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 12:48:24 PM »
The Message
yep I blame Dre for this. If I have no pb he doesn't write his rhymes (he's a producer first) he could write on his own a song about his brother death. I mean just let his feelings out and write it down

He actually sat Royce down (supposedly) and had him capture his exact feelings in rhyme format..

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 01:03:19 PM »
The Message

He actually sat Royce down (supposedly) and had him capture his exact feelings in rhyme format..
Ok , Do you know it from the insider source who posts on the forum (you know who I'm talkin about) ?

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 01:56:15 PM »
This line from "The Message" makes no sense:

"I thought I learned from Eazy, now I'm goin through it with you"

Unless I'm missing something.

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »

Maybe he wasn't cool with his brother at the time when he died? Or maybe it's just about the mourning process. Don't think there's info on this out in the public.

ABN

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 02:46:22 PM »
The Message

Ok , Do you know it from the insider source who posts on the forum (you know who I'm talkin about) ?
Dre said so himself on Westwood in 2000 when him and Mel Man was over in England. it wasn´t just for this song he did that with all of the songs on both of his albums.

wcsoldier

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 03:12:30 PM »
The Message

Dre said so himself on Westwood in 2000 when him and Mel Man was over in England. it wasn´t just for this song he did that with all of the songs on both of his albums.
ok thanks for the info

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 03:26:07 PM »
I thought he took all Royce's work off the album?  He remade "The Way I be Pimpin" and made it into explosive, and he didn't use The Throne is mine. 

Royce manager publicly said something like the album wouldn't be shit if it wasn't for Royce's work on it, so Dre took all his shit off.

Yes?  No?

ABN

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 03:34:12 PM »
I thought he took all Royce's work off the album?  He remade "The Way I be Pimpin" and made it into explosive, and he didn't use The Throne is mine. 

Royce manager publicly said something like the album wouldn't be shit if it wasn't for Royce's work on it, so Dre took all his shit off.

Yes?  No?
naw he said some shit about Eminem making Dre look like student or something when they were in the studio togheter and Dre got pissed or whatever. that might´ve been the biggest mistake Royce and his people has ever made coz we all know where Royce would´ve been if he would´ve had the backing of Eminem,Dre & Interscope.

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 03:49:28 PM »
Royce did a song with Dr. Dre called, "The Way I Be Pimpin"

WestCoasta

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 04:12:25 PM »
The Message
haha for real  :P  is he that bad at writing?

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 06:48:26 AM »

Maybe he wasn't cool with his brother at the time when he died? Or maybe it's just about the mourning process. Don't think there's info on this out in the public.

He was cool with him at the time. Anybody else no about it?

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 07:55:43 AM »

yeah i dont get it....