Author Topic: Need some advice on quitting swearing/cursing  (Read 312 times)

J Bananas

Re: Need some advice on quitting swearing/cursing
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 12:13:37 AM »
^^^you hear that?

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 05:55:02 AM »
I think Lusting for women calls you TOWARDS the path of Allah personally.  People are supposed to populate the world, and don't martyrs get promised 40 virgins in heaven? 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 05:57:21 AM »
I have no trouble not cursing when I don't mean to. I only curse when I want to express that Im real pissed or when it's cool, with friends mostly.

For a start you should make a 2 secondes pause before each sentence you start. In these 2 secondes think about not cussing. People might assume you're a little slow, but that's just the transition phase.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 06:15:15 AM »

the answer is this.

you swear because you want to seem harder, bigger, older or something. any case of my "potty mouth" i had cured simply with age..

swear words dont make you big, or cool or anything.. just make you look like a dumb ass who can't eloquently express their feelings who shoots for the lowest linguistic rung.

p.s. rap music makes you swear.. lol

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 06:25:24 AM »
i and my mates swear all the time, but we dont do it coz its makes us look hard all the time

it's just something of habit, sometimes when i listen to my mates its sounds quite ridiculous really like

"so i was going down the fucking shops and there was a fucking guy walking this dog and i knew i fucking knew him from somewhere but i couldn't fucking picture him"  <<-- really sometimes we actually speak like that but just purely on the basis of the fact we are so used to doing it without even thinking.

altho on some level i think you are aware of it, coz whenever im talkin to a girl i make a point of trying my best to not swear at all.

we were on holiday 2 years ago in kos and we met this girl from liverpool who was always a bit anxious when she was around us, we asked her why and she was like "you are always swearing and arguing and being dead aggressive to each other all the time".  and we were just purely bemused by this bcoz all we were doin was having a discussion amongst ourselves and not being aware / caring that there females around.

it's something that isn't really an issue with ourselves just when its us on our own coz to be honest, we all talk differently depending the kind of crowd we are in.

but i guess it's different depending where you come from
NO MORE WAR

Kal EL

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 10:10:32 AM »
one thing is to try to find out what you want to say first, usually a man swears because he does not have the words to communicate what he wants to say.

two Christ said that "out of the mouth a man speaks." meaning that what is really in your heart WILL come out of your mouth. you seem to want a change of heart so i would suggest two things: pray that GOD would reveal Himself to you in a REAL way and ask him to put a guard over your mouth so that you would only speak those things which edify(bring life) the hearer.

May the Grace and Peace Of Jesus Christ be with you.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 10:11:56 AM »
LOL@ this uncivilized uncouth youth unable to speak properly.....whats the matter with u son? cant control what comes out ya mouth, how can u control what goes in?  :D
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2005, 03:52:21 PM »
i can speak fine, but i just dont see it as an issue.

if im around people who might get offended by it then i will speak different (i.e. in front of aunts, uncles, etc)

but among my friends and in every day life i dont see it as an issue.
NO MORE WAR

coola

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2005, 06:08:12 PM »
lincoln i got no quarms with you bro... but damn this is the shittiest fuck-stick thread i ever read.... just think before you speak...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005, 07:46:04 AM »
all i gotta say is, im gonna try to stop swearing myself.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005, 01:20:16 PM »
its easy just don't swear, i mean u must be able to control your language around people you don't want to offend for example relatives or your boss at work etc. just think of everyone like that. i very rarely swear myself and when i do its only around certain ppl

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005, 02:27:54 PM »
yeah but what i mean is - to me it ain't an issue.  if no-one is going to be offended then they are just words like any other.
NO MORE WAR

Don Seer

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005, 02:31:13 PM »

lincoln... you fuckin got fuckin tourrettes muthafucka!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 02:36:24 PM »

lincoln... you fuckin got fuckin tourrettes muthafucka!

Lol.

So thanks for the advice to all in this thread, I've cut back a lot. Still not gone but I've been thinking more about what I'm saying and it's worked pretty good.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2005, 04:39:28 PM »
its easy just don't swear, i mean u must be able to control your language around people you don't want to offend for example relatives or your boss at work etc. just think of everyone like that. i very rarely swear myself and when i do its only around certain ppl

^^Yer

You've alrady said how you don't swear around your mum, so obviously you have some control of what you say so just apply that to other social situations. If ya can't, which i don't see why not, just try and cut down on those words that are more offensive, i.e. instead of saying fuck use shit and then eventually cut it out all together.

Personally i don't care if people use that sort of language around me, but i can't stand those that drop it in every sentance.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)