Author Topic: DJ Quik - Check the Vibes  (Read 1298 times)

gfunkin2

DJ Quik - Check the Vibes
« on: April 30, 2021, 04:23:24 PM »

Finally a full version. I've only ever seen the name of this song as Vibes iz Right. I assume this was supposed to be on Safe & Sound. Didn't expect Quik to get so deep here either. This is almost Jus Lyke Compton, Change Tha Game, You'z a Ganxta Quik.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 04:39:14 PM by gfunkin2 »

The following users thanked this post: Matty, Diggfinger, DJSpin, Marco, Safe+Sound

DJSpin

Re: DJ Quik - Check the Vibes
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 07:13:17 PM »
Wow this song is is awesomes   How do we get an mp3?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 06:36:25 PM »
Awesome!  i've had the snippet for over a decade.  Finally leaked, great song.

-Davizz-

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 02:30:46 AM »
Classic DJ Quik! Never heard of it!
It would have been perfect for S+S, imagine how many songs he has in the vault... a "Lost Tapes" would be an instant classic.

Marco

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 04:45:56 PM »
It's dope. 8)
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Rudki

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 05:39:52 AM »
Anyone got a good Q MP3 of this they can send me?

MUUUUCH appreciated

DJSpin

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 02:09:49 PM »
Anyone got a good Q MP3 of this they can send me?

MUUUUCH appreciated

This

Safe+Sound

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 06:59:45 PM »
Super late to the party but thanks a lot for this. Super dope beat from the golden age of Quik. I can see why it didn't come out though - the chorus needed to be scrapped and reworked. Still, the beat and Quik's verses are on point.

Yeah if anyone has a good quality file of it - hopefully not mp3 (it's a dead format and super lossy); 16-bit red book quality would be ideal. But it's old and I'm almost sure no one has access to a decent recording.

BJV

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 07:03:12 PM »
Super late to the party but thanks a lot for this. Super dope beat from the golden age of Quik. I can see why it didn't come out though - the chorus needed to be scrapped and reworked. Still, the beat and Quik's verses are on point.

Yeah if anyone has a good quality file of it - hopefully not mp3 (it's a dead format and super lossy); 16-bit red book quality would be ideal. But it's old and I'm almost sure no one has access to a decent recording.

I wanna see you in a blind comparison contest with 24bit wavs and mp3 files and see if you can hear the difference.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 12:32:09 PM »
I wanna see you in a blind comparison contest with 24bit wavs and mp3 files and see if you can hear the difference.

That's like saying there isn't a audible difference between going to a movie theater and watching one on your iPad.

Plenty of sound and recording engineers have already tested this ad nauseam for decades; I'd encourage you to explore. There are conventions held every year in Vegas (and internationally) where dedicated listening rooms showcase all kinds of gear - ever heard of CES? If there wasn't a difference between an mp3 and master quality audio, then there wouldn't be a reason for that quality of production - or equipment capable of reproducing it for that matter - to exist. Also, mp3s are by definition a derivative of the superior native format.

I have both formats (along with the intermediate 16-bit red book compromise in the form of CDs) and there are clear objective differences. A 24-bit file has 3 times more information than an mp3. If you look at the segmentation of area under the curve, it couldn't be more obvious. Also, having the right 2-channel equipment for listening is important - a good DAC, decent SSP, amplification,good cabling, and mains - not to mention room treatments and a dedicated line. It's all basic engineering and physics. There are hundreds of accredited audiophile websites and tens of thousands (at least) of professionals therein that validate all of this and really get into the weeds if it's something you're interested in. Honestly it's pretty cool so I'd say go for it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 06:27:00 PM by Safe+Sound »

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life