Author Topic: Cheney Adviser Resigns After Indictment  (Read 121 times)

Kal EL

Cheney Adviser Resigns After Indictment
« on: October 28, 2005, 10:31:41 AM »
Cheney Adviser Resigns After Indictment
By JOHN SOLOMON and PETE YOST, Associated Press Writers
15 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Vice presidential adviser I. Lewis "Scooter' Libby Jr. resigned Friday after being charged with obstruction of justice, perjury and making a false statement in the     CIA leak investigation, a politically charged case that could throw a spotlight on     President Bush's push to war.

Karl Rove, Bush's closest adviser, escaped indictment Friday but remained under investigation, his legal status a looming political problem for the White House.

The indictment charged Libby, 55, with one count of obstruction of justice, two of perjury and two false statement counts. If convicted on all five, he could face as much as 30 years in prison and $1.25 million in fines.

The charges stem from a two-year investigation by special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald into whether Rove, Libby or any other administration officials knowingly revealed the identity of CIA officer Valerie Plame or lied about their involvement to investigators.

Libby is accused of lying about how and when he learned about Plame's identity in 2003 and told reporters about it. The information on the officer was classified.

He is also accused of lying when he told Fitzgerald's investigators that he learned about Plame's CIA status from Tim Russert of NBC. He learned it from Cheney, the indictment says.

Lets see where this goes. Are we as Americans willing to realize just who we have in power?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Cheney Adviser Resigns After Indictment
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 10:37:13 AM »
Hmmm, Libby been one of those cowards who I been following for a while...Im sure he is the sacrificial lamb though, the key is whether Rove gets strung or not
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Kal EL

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 10:38:01 AM »
Hmmm, Libby been one of those cowards who I been following for a while...Im sure he is the sacrificial lamb though, the key is whether Rove gets strung or not

you know that was EXACTLY what I was thinking.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 10:49:51 AM »
this motherfucker Libby hes the Neo Con B Team

You got the A Team

Cheney
Rumsfeld
Wolfowitz
Perle

You got the Puppet

Bush

You got the B Team

Libby
Kristol
Frum
Krauthammer
Khalilzad

Imagine a Deck of Cards for this current administration?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Kal EL

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 11:15:30 AM »
Praise GOD, you know about the Neo-Cons. Man there are so many that do not.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 05:15:47 PM »
the ones who dont know about em arent special. theyre just ignorant

its the ones that know about em but try to defend em are the funny ones

- Lewis Carroll