Author Topic: Ok...this tour will be HUGE!  (Read 83 times)

Tito

Ok...this tour will be HUGE!
« on: April 16, 2002, 08:35:14 AM »
-- Musiq and Goodie Mob frontman Cee-Lo will join forces for a North American tour starting next month. Both artists will be on the road in support of new albums: Musiq releases his sophomore set, Juslisen, on May 7, while Cee-Lo issues his debut solo collection, Cee-Lo Green And His Perfect Imperfections, on April 23.

The joint tour will officially kick off May 4 in Boston. However, Cee-Lo will appear at the Music Midtown Festival in Atlanta on May 3, the same day Musiq will play the Webster Theatre in Hartford, Connecticut.

Cee-Lo told LAUNCH last month that he was working on putting his band together for the tour. "I did a showcase in New York with a band of guys, a couple of the musicians who worked on the album with me--you know, worked real closely with me--and I knew they would, of course, they're familiar with the music, (and) they would be able to pick up on the music live. But I don't know--again, it's not a set band. Everybody is not locked in, like, I don't know where God is gonna lead me as far as that is concerned, you know? But you know, I'm still kinda practicing optimism as far as that is concerned."

Musiq/Cee-Lo tour dates (subject to change):

May 4 - Boston, MA - Avalon

May 6 - Pittsburgh, PA - Club Laga

May 7 - Detroit, MI - St. Andrews Hall

May 9 - Cincinnati, OH - Bogart's

May 10 - Chicago, IL - House Of Blues

May 11 - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant

May 12 - Columbia, MO - Blue Note

May 14 - Dallas, TX - Gypsy Tea Room

May 16 - Boulder, CO - Fox Theatre

May 18 - Solana Beach, CA - Belly Up Tavern

May 19 - West Hollywood, CA - House Of Blues