Author Topic: Its weird i'm actually warming to prince charles  (Read 118 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Its weird i'm actually warming to prince charles
« on: October 31, 2005, 09:58:36 AM »
i've come to realise we have alot of common views i don't know if i'm so against him becoming the next king anymore.... but i still don't want carmila as our queen tho.....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Its weird i'm actually warming to prince charles
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 10:06:15 AM »
Out of curiosity, do most Brits consider themselves to be pro-monarchy?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 10:11:48 AM »
yea i think so, but most ppl hate prince charles.... a monarchy is much cheaper than a presidency and the tourism it creates pretty much pays for its self.

a question for you, are you pro monarchy considering the queen still rules over canada....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 10:15:05 AM »
don't know... most don't have a problem since they don't really hold any power.

some people moan about the money from taxes that goes to them.. but they're also IMO the kind of people that moan over anything..

we're not that passionate or anything over them... of course it'd be a massive insult of they were targetted by terrorists.. but like how some idiots will try to diss brits by slagging off the queen.. we really dont get offended.. ya'll are just ignorant to our culture.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 10:28:04 AM »
yea i think so, but most ppl hate prince charles.... a monarchy is much cheaper than a presidency and the tourism it creates pretty much pays for its self.

a question for you, are you pro monarchy considering the queen still rules over canada....

I am not pro-monarchy at all, we actually had a debate about this in my class. We, as you may know, have the Governor-General, the "Queen's Representative" which is appointed by the Prime Minister, and in constitutional technicality holds the power over any and all legislation passed through our Parliament. I don't care for the idea of anyone above the democratically elected representatives, symbolic or otherwise. Strangely though our constitution holds no mention of a Prime Minister, so it would require many amendments.

So I feel that in my country that the power should hold firmly with the Lower House and the Upper House, as long as there is an amendment to make the Upper House elected.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 08:25:58 PM »
Coming from Australia we are also fall under the monarchy, but for probably over 100years now we've never really had an association with the monarch. I think we as a nation are either pro nor against the monarchy as a lot of us fall under the "don't care" catagory. There was a referendum going back around 6 or so years and Australia voted against becoming a republic, and a lot of that was due to bureaucratic inertia, i.e. it's worked well so far why bother changing it. A lot of others were against it because a republic would mean a chaning of our flag and a lot of Aussie's are patriotic to that symbol. Although when it comes down to it the Queen has never really been involved in our politics, so we don't a figure head of a president.

Ever since Diana died a lot of Australian's have become less interested in what's become known as the "circus royals". As it was said before a lot of us do take the piss however it's not to disrespect Brit's in particular it's more fueled by the tacky headlines we are constantly subjected to, same with American's.

If anything since the marriage of Mary Donaldson (Tasmania born) and Prince Frederick, they have seemed to become our "adopted" royals and they are a lot more popular than the English royals are at the moment.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)