Author Topic: Christian quits WWE  (Read 1457 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Christian quits WWE
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2005, 06:55:43 PM »
Well that's da bidness. I really don't feel bad for her and I can't blame Vince.

Trust me man. If she wants to lawyer up she can win.

Jesse Ventura once signed away his voice rights so WWF could use his commentary on tapes. He did so because he was told that all wrestlers did. When he found out that Hogan was getting percentages of the sales he got a lawyer and sued. Even though Ventura's signature was on a contract that said the WWE doesn't have to pay him for his voice, Ventura atill won a million dollars and WWE has to pay him every time they use his voice.

I said it once, I'll say it again:

Well that's da bidness. I really don't feel bad for her and I can't blame Vince.

So let's say it was your mother who had gotten fired for being pregnant and a lawyer told her she could sue and win, you would tell her not to?

Trauma-san

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2005, 07:01:50 PM »
You have absolutely, again, no idea what you're talking about.  They have clauses in their contracts that simply say that they can be terminated, or quit, at any time for any reason.  There are penalties laid out for early termination of the contract, and that's that.  It's done all over the business world, but you wouldn't know that because you're likely mentally disabled and not allowed to leave the house. 

SHE COULD NOT SUE.  What you just described with Ventura is entirely different than what is going on with Dawn Marie.  They have absolutely no relation, and don't even deal with the same issues.  Hey, a woman got burnt with coffee from McDonalds and won.  Dawn Marie must be able to.  What the fuck?  Get a fucking clue. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2005, 08:07:59 PM »
You have absolutely, again, no idea what you're talking about.  They have clauses in their contracts that simply say that they can be terminated, or quit, at any time for any reason.  There are penalties laid out for early termination of the contract, and that's that.  It's done all over the business world, but you wouldn't know that because you're likely mentally disabled and not allowed to leave the house. 

SHE COULD NOT SUE.  What you just described with Ventura is entirely different than what is going on with Dawn Marie.  They have absolutely no relation, and don't even deal with the same issues.  Hey, a woman got burnt with coffee from McDonalds and won.  Dawn Marie must be able to.  What the fuck?  Get a fucking clue. 

Actually, I used the Hunter Tylo example as proof that she could sue. An example you have yet to respond to. The Jesse Ventura example was merely to show that even in the wrestling business people can sue and win for things you wouldn't think were possible.

herpes

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2005, 08:11:32 PM »

Trust me man. If she wants to lawyer up she can win.

Jesse Ventura once signed away his voice rights so WWF could use his commentary on tapes. He did so because he was told that all wrestlers did. When he found out that Hogan was getting percentages of the sales he got a lawyer and sued. Even though Ventura's signature was on a contract that said the WWE doesn't have to pay him for his voice, Ventura atill won a million dollars and WWE has to pay him every time they use his voice.

That's why in the new Bret Hart DVD Bret wasn't allowed to use all the matches he wanted because some of them had Jesse Ventura as the announcer.

actually they didnt put certain matches in b/c bret would not allow it. They let bret choose the matches.  I cant wait for that dvd to drop.  But they could just edit out Ventura's voice like they did on the ultimate warrior dvd

herpes

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2005, 08:12:58 PM »
Ronnie Lost

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2005, 09:32:45 PM »
OKay were getting out of topic there.. do you think he'll come back or go to TNA?!

Sikotic™

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2005, 11:30:54 PM »
He'll probably do used car commercials in Florida.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2005, 08:44:44 AM »
Well he's already in Florida, so TNA isn't far away. He could work a lot less and be booked like a main star of the show, but if he wants to one day come back to WWE he won't go to TNA. It all depends on how much money he has saved up and how much he wants to be booked as a main guy.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2005, 11:49:25 AM »
he wouldnt've quit if he wasnt financially secure. and raven gets mad cheddar doin his independent shit and hes the star of tna. christian could be huge for tna if he steers clear of doin a program with jarrett

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2005, 12:57:23 PM »
he said he is financially secure

i think he may go to TNA if he is styll interested in wrestling, he could probably be a big star there and be used properly
he may even come back to WWE tho if he gets a good deal

only time will tell

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2005, 05:20:03 PM »
he wouldnt've quit if he wasnt financially secure. and raven gets mad cheddar doin his independent shit and hes the star of tna. christian could be huge for tna if he steers clear of doin a program with jarrett

If he goes to TNA, then he's going to lose to the below midcarder Jeff Jarrett. That's a guarantee, it seems to happen to every wrestler that goes to TNA.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2005, 05:48:41 PM »

If he goes to TNA, then he's going to lose to the below midcarder Jeff Jarrett. That's a guarantee, it seems to happen to every wrestler that goes to TNA.

Christian is a bigger star than Jarret right now. That can't be said for any full time TNA guy that Jarret has beaten.

Rumours are flying about Benoit's contract being up in late November. If they low ball him like they apparently did Christian then he may not sign an extention either. If TNA gets Benoit then Jarrett is losing the belt for sure.

Jarrett is not the main guy any more and his father is more or less gone. A committee books the show now and the Carters have veto power. Jarrett's word can easily be overturned or ignored.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2005, 12:56:48 PM »
man it sux that christian had to leave wwe....he coulda been a bigger star....thats if wwe allowed to be...

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2005, 04:07:32 PM »

Christian is a bigger star than Jarret right now. That can't be said for any full time TNA guy that Jarret has beaten.

Rumours are flying about Benoit's contract being up in late November. If they low ball him like they apparently did Christian then he may not sign an extention either. If TNA gets Benoit then Jarrett is losing the belt for sure.

Jarrett is not the main guy any more and his father is more or less gone. A committee books the show now and the Carters have veto power. Jarrett's word can easily be overturned or ignored.

WWE isn't going to let Chris Benoit go even if his contract is up.

Jarrett still has power has he was the one in neogiations for a TV deal & that he also tries & tell other superstars what they're going to do.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2005, 11:15:21 AM »

WWE isn't going to let Chris Benoit go even if his contract is up.

Jarrett still has power has he was the one in neogiations for a TV deal & that he also tries & tell other superstars what they're going to do.

What I mean is Jarrett can be turned down. His father isn't runnng the show anymore.

WWE may not let Chris Benoit go, but Chris Benoit may want to go and WWE can't stop him if he does.

Either way, both Christian and Benoit are bigger names than Jarret and can do more for the title. Jarret knows this. If Matt Hardy used common sense in the summer then he'd be TNA champion right now. Jarrett keeps getting hte belt because no one with any name recognition is ready to hold that title. AJ is good but he needs more exposure to a larger audience. Same goes for Samoa Joe.