Author Topic: Even though it happened 9 months ago, I'm still shocked that...  (Read 1762 times)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Re: Even though it happened 9 months ago, I'm still shocked that...
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 07:38:26 PM »
I still bump the Documentary to this day...all of tha tracks are very dope but "Start From Scratch", "Don't Worry", "Don't Need Your Love", "Where I'm From", & "Church For Thugs" are my favorite tracks...even though it doesn't really sound 'West Coast', I think Game still sounded dope over those beats...I still bump tha hell out of tha album & it's one of my favorites from tha West Coast this year...

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2005, 08:06:01 PM »
I always find it funny when people say Game's album wasn't West Coast enough (WTF is the definition of that anyway???)
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2005, 08:22:13 PM »
you're wrong dog

game still would have sold.  he didn't need 50 for shit.

picture this

Higher as the first single and a video to go with it that is kinda like the Still Dre video with lowriders and west coast vibe with appearances by dre and snoop rollin with him in the vid and maybe some other aftermath or known big time west coast rappers in the vid.  THE SONG WOULD HAVE BLOWN UP!!!  just by the dre and snoop and nuthin but a g thing vibe they could have brought off the video would have blown up the song in clubs and everything.  I'm tellin you.  Everybody woulda been bumpin that shit.

Then for the second single, dreams (which is already a huge hit in chicago where i'm from) would have been bigger than it is based upon the Higher single and video.

Now Hate it or love it could have also been the second single with 50.  And there would have never been beef becuz they wouldn't have had to put him in gunit in the first place.

Instead they associated him as a 50 backup guy on How We Do which blew up on radio stations and had a shitty video to go with it that no one saw so they heard the song and automatically liked it.  It was more like a 50 song.  The shit was catchy as hell and Game could have did that shit himself and it would have caught on just as good based off the beat and hook alone.  Who gives a shit if 50 wrote the hook, why does he gotta be on it.

Then they shoulda left Westside Story with Snoop on the hook becuz it's WESTSIDE story and snoop is from the west not 50.

They overdid 50 on this album which ruins it to me.  But I am biased becuz I could never get into 50's shit no matter how hard I tried even when everyone was talkin about him before he got signed to Shady.

I been listenin to hiphop since 88 so I'm not a new jack game dickrider just so you know.

I do think game got good vocal presence and style on the mic, and his voice is dope and Guru always said it's mostly tha voice.  He got a good flow too and lyrically I feel he's gettin better with every song he puts out.  And he got the westcoast dre beats and west coast vibe to him with a newyork emcee style twist to it.

peace, and if ya disagree then you can lick my balls

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 08:40:38 PM »
you're wrong dog

picture this

Higher as the first single and a video to go with it that is kinda like the Still Dre video with lowriders and west coast vibe with appearances by dre and snoop rollin with him in the vid and maybe some other aftermath or known big time west coast rappers in the vid.  THE SONG WOULD HAVE BLOWN UP!!!  just by the dre and snoop and nuthin but a g thing vibe they could have brought off the video would have blown up the song in clubs and everything.  I'm tellin you.  Everybody woulda been bumpin that shit.

Then for the second single, dreams (which is already a huge hit in chicago where i'm from) would have been bigger than it is based upon the Higher single and video.

Now Hate it or love it could have also been the second single with 50.  And there would have never been beef becuz they wouldn't have had to put him in gunit in the first place.

Instead they associated him as a 50 backup guy on How We Do which blew up on radio stations and had a shitty video to go with it that no one saw so they heard the song and automatically liked it.  It was more like a 50 song.  The shit was catchy as hell and Game could have did that shit himself and it would have caught on just as good based off the beat and hook alone.  Who gives a shit if 50 wrote the hook, why does he gotta be on it.

Then they shoulda left Westside Story with Snoop on the hook becuz it's WESTSIDE story and snoop is from the west not 50.

They overdid 50 on this album which ruins it to me.  But I am biased becuz I could never get into 50's shit no matter how hard I tried even when everyone was talkin about him before he got signed to Shady.

I been listenin to hiphop since 88 so I'm not a new jack game dickrider just so you know.

I do think game got good vocal presence and style on the mic, and his voice is dope and Guru always said it's mostly tha voice.  He got a good flow too and lyrically I feel he's gettin better with every song he puts out.  And he got the westcoast dre beats and west coast vibe to him with a newyork emcee style twist to it.

Those were all good points. Nothing to add...
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2005, 07:20:10 AM »
It surprised me as well that the album dropped. Game did his thing and even though some people still hate, he represented the West better than anyone else in the media. Some cats are never satisfied, but in my opinion, "The Documentary" was worth the wait. Just about every track was strong, production was sick and for a 2005 release, it was a dope record. "Start From Scratch" should be considered a classic joint.
gotta agree

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2005, 07:25:46 AM »
I always find it funny when people say Game's album wasn't West Coast enough (WTF is the definition of that anyway???)

wcsoldier

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2005, 07:42:33 AM »
What about Restless  ? Though I agree with R-Tistic . The West lacks (outside Detox for 5 years  ::) albums to be excited about, considering the few ones haven't and won't never dropped.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2005, 07:43:23 AM »
people that sayin he it isnt a westcoast album are gay

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2005, 08:11:55 AM »
What about Restless  ? Though I agree with R-Tistic . The West lacks (outside Detox for 5 years  ::) albums to be excited about, considering the few ones haven't and won't never dropped.

I forgot about Restless...Yeah, it was a pretty big release too. People were lookin foward to it, especially after he ripped B Please and worked with Snoop n Dre a lot. It made a pretty good size impact when it first dropped too. It wasn't as anticipated as some of the other west coast albums, but it did have some hype and it lived up to it in my opinion.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2005, 08:18:23 AM »
you're wrong dog

picture this

U got some good points, but I still don't think Game would have sold AS MUCH or become as big as fast as he did without 50, even though many people don't want to admit it.

When Game was first seen on TV, the only reason most people outside the west knew about him is because "he was the west coast dude with G-Unit" and G-Unit's name along with 50 did help him get out there. Higher would not have been as big as How we do, and without 50's hook (even though Game wrote 50's verses) it wouldn't have been as big of a song unless it had a diff hook that woulda been better with it, which is unlikely. How we do appealed to EVERYBODY, and people who still didn't know anything about Game were on that song. The beat was made to where it appealed to club heads because of the 808 hittin, and it appealed to people who just like ridin around to shit that bumps. Higher was a strong single, and Game definitely comes with it on there and the whole song is his to claim, but it wouldn't have been as big as How we do. Videowise, Higher coulda had a better video.

Aside from that...Hate it or love it was a good song, but I was pissed at it being the 2nd single, because it made it look like Game NEEDED 50 to sell, and as if it was a Game and 50 album, damn near like Chronic could be seen as a Dre and Snoop album. 50 was somewhat overdone on this album, but it can't be denied that he helped it more than he hurt it as far as the overall quality of the album goes. Also, who knows how true it was that Dre was gonna "drop" Game or stop workin on his album if 50 didn't come in...I didn't believe that shit at all when I first heard it, but somebody who I'd consider as a pretty reliable source told me that it was true, so I can't call it.

So in some ways, I disagree with u....but ain't no way in hell I'm lickin ya balls!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2005, 08:28:35 AM »
Also, who knows how true it was that Dre was gonna "drop" Game or stop workin on his album if 50 didn't come in...I didn't believe that shit at all when I first heard it, but somebody who I'd consider as a pretty reliable source told me that it was true, so I can't call it.

If it was anybody but 50 Cent I could belive that. But since he said it, Dre didn't confrim this, and Interscope denied it, then I gotta believe 50 is just talking the normal "50 Cent" bullshit that is always coming out of his mouth.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2005, 08:34:40 AM »
^^I think 50 is speaking the truth on this one.I mean Game didnt do shit for 2 years.Then he signed with Gunit and he was on every mixtape that dropped,making tv and radio apperances...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2005, 08:54:38 AM »
^^I think 50 is speaking the truth on this one.I mean Game didnt do shit for 2 years.Then he signed with Gunit and he was on every mixtape that dropped,making tv and radio apperances...
That makes sences.
So how come Game initailly declined joining G Unit? If he was going nowhere wouldn't he have jumped at the oppurtunity?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 08:58:49 AM by Dat Nigga Ted aka Eri-Jordan »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2005, 09:02:08 AM »
That makes sences.
So how come Game initailly declined joining G Unit? If he was going nowhere wouldn't he have jumped at the oppurtunity?

Maybe he could see what was gonna happen, as far as everybody labeling him as being under G-Unit, and people sayin 50 made him instead of bein his own man. Plus, I'm sure he had plans for Black Wall Street from the start, and he knew it would be harder to start that up and get it runnin if he was under G-Unit.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2005, 09:09:25 AM »
That makes sences.

Maybe he could see what was gonna happen, as far as everybody labeling him as being under G-Unit, and people sayin 50 made him instead of bein his own man. Plus, I'm sure he had plans for Black Wall Street from the start, and he knew it would be harder to start that up and get it runnin if he was under G-Unit.

That part is obvious. But still it would be better to be labeled all those things then to be shelved by aftermath. If what 50 said was true then Game  either had the option of going to G Unit and be under 50 or never releasing anything and being stuck on Aftermath Records. So you'd think Game woulda jumped at the oppurtuinty to be on G-Unit.