Author Topic: Anybody ever had an infected tooth?  (Read 766 times)

Trauma-san

Anybody ever had an infected tooth?
« on: October 31, 2005, 02:15:02 PM »
Man, I've got this tooth that had a small, small, small filling put in it about a year ago.  Minor, nowhere near the root.  Anyways, after the filling, it hurt for a week or so, I took some pain killers and eventually the pain subsided.  So 8 or 9 months go by, and everything's great, no problems at all.

Well, Saturday morning (in the city) I started feeling some pretty bad pain in the tooth, almost like it's been traumatized.  I called the dentist and went by his office today, and the X-Ray shows a small infection, at the top of the tooth's cavity above the root... and right next to my sinuses.  So, he prescribed antibiotics and said I may need a root canal.

So my question is, anybody ever have to take antibiotics for a tooth?  Anybody ever take antibiotics, and then NOT have to get a root canal?  I've had two root canals before so I'm not that concerned about it (although the last one almost killed me, lol) but I'd rather not pay, oh, 1000 dollars for a root canal and a new crown this week!

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Anybody ever had an infected tooth?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 02:19:34 PM »
no i'm british and i have perfect teeth, never even needed braces because my formation is perfect too what are the odds....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 02:39:45 PM »
Never, I have great teeth. I normally brush at least 5 times a day. My gums on the other hand aren't great, but I've improved them greatly by flossing daily. I guess it's just taking care of them which has kept me from major problems unlike both of my parents.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 03:59:55 PM »
no i'm british and i have perfect teeth, never even needed braces because my formation is perfect too what are the odds....

My formation is pretty perfect as well, but when I was younger I never took care of my teeth.  The first time I ever saw a dentist was when I was 18 or so, and paid for all the work myself, and now I'm to the point where I have 10 fillings or so in my mouth.  Two teeth have had root canal procedures on them, and now this filling is acting up too. 

coola

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 04:08:27 PM »

why did you mention youre british ? the english have the worst teethe of all.

coola

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 04:09:36 PM »

My formation is pretty perfect as well, but when I was younger I never took care of my teeth.  The first time I ever saw a dentist was when I was 18 or so, and paid for all the work myself, and now I'm to the point where I have 10 fillings or so in my mouth.  Two teeth have had root canal procedures on them, and now this filling is acting up too. 

that really sucks. i should get my teethe checked out, when i was like 7 or 8 the dentist fucked me up, i never went back since.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 04:15:25 PM »
yea i never used to take care of my teeth, up and until about a year ago i would only brush once a day before bed i didn't see any problem with it because my dentist always told me what good teeth i had and how well i was taking care of them... but now i brush twice a day and floss every now again too because i want them to stay that way, i been told i got virtually no chance of losing my teeth as long as i keep them clean i just gotta look after my gums because once they go theres nothing you can do for them, hence why i started flossing.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 05:27:57 PM »
^ Yes! I was so fanatical about brushing, but I was brushing the wrong way (back and forth as opposed to up and down) and my gums started receding.  Luckily that's stopped, but I think people underestimate the importance of taking care of your gums.  Your teeth can literally fall out of your mouth once you hit your 40's if you haven't taken care of your gums, even if your teeth are perfect. 

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 01:31:50 AM »
i had a similar thing a little while ago.. i was on anti-biotics for about 2/3 weeks.. i had a bubble on my gum caused by escaping gack from the tooth cavity. if your tooth is totally fucked you'll need a root canal or to have the tooth pulled.

in the past when i've had toothache (usually from drinking cold coca cola when i'm the designated driver..) ibuprofen would sort me out. however last time it didnt work.

before i got the anti's the advice from my dentist was to take this cocktail

- take ibuprofen to stop the swelling
- take paracetomol to stop the pain
- use corsodyl mouthwash

UAK

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 05:47:36 AM »
lol I thought you were a tuff guy Trauma  ;D take it like a man.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 07:49:37 AM »
lol I thought you were a tuff guy Trauma  ;D take it like a man.

I'm not taking pain killers, hows that for taking it like a man? 

BTW, there's a difference between taking it like a man, and being stupid.

O, I honestly think I might be alright, I saw the X-ray... there's no swelling, and the tooth has no signs of decay, but there's an infection near the top of the jaw just below the sinuses.  The theory is that I had a sinus infection that jumped over into that tooth, I'm just hoping you know it'll be antibiotics kill the infection, no more pain and I don't have to get it root canaled.  Pulling it is out of the question, it's my #7 tooth right at the front of my mouth!

I got mind control over it, though, lol in the mornings it feels halfway decent then by the evening I can feel it throbbing all the way up to under my eye.  If you don't think about it, though it gets better. 

coola

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 03:57:19 PM »
so how does flossing help gums ? fuck this, i hate having to deal with bullshit.

UAK

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 06:58:02 AM »
so how does flossing help gums ? fuck this, i hate having to deal with bullshit.

Shutup whore.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 08:01:15 AM »
the shit that builds up on your teeth irritates your gums

UAK

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 08:07:05 AM »
the shit that builds up on your teeth irritates your gums

You mean plaque  ;D