Author Topic: most consistant rap artists  (Read 1010 times)

Sikotic™

Re: most consistant rap artists
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2005, 01:13:53 PM »
Outkast
they went way different when stankonia came out and even more different when The Love Below/Speakerboxx came out i wouldn't really say theyre consistent ::) theyre going back to their ATLiens and Aquemini style though  8)

I wasn't talking about how consistent their style is, I'm talking quality ::). Outkast has never put out a garbage album. What's also amazing about them is that, unlike most hip-hop artists, they've grown since they're first album and have become more successful than ever.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2005, 01:49:12 PM »
Ludacris. he improves with every album

Nas had one big misstep in his career, which obviously was dropping the Nastradamus album only 6 months after I Am... You can't make classics on such short term. It sucked and now it's hurting his legacy. Other than that, Nas has been one of the most consistent rappers out there (apart from dropping a wack verse on Kanye's We Major).

Yeah "Nastradamus" and "Street Disciple" were ehhhh

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2005, 02:05:38 PM »
Ludacris is also very consistant...even tho he's not one of the best rappers & he's hasn't been here for a long time
i was going to say him but then i thought about chicken & beer and i changed my mind.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Sikotic™

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
Ludacris is also very consistant...even tho he's not one of the best rappers & he's hasn't been here for a long time
i was going to say him but then i thought about chicken & beer and i changed my mind.

Really? I thought Chicken & Beer was a great album. One of my favorite Luda albums.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WestCoasta

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
DJ Quik, E-40, Snoop Dogg, Tash, just to name a few.....

Black Uhuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Rasta Still De bout
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2005, 02:14:02 PM »
Ludacris. he improves with every album

Really? I thought Chicken & Beer was a great album. One of my favorite Luda albums.

Ludas albums haven't been all that since Word Of Mouf which was great and really the defining point in his career. Chicken & Beer and Red Light District aint shit compared to Word Of Mouf

Bigg $amo

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2005, 07:21:13 PM »

same here

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2005, 07:18:17 AM »

same here

lol really, i put that down as one of the worst albums ive ever bought

wcsoldier

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2005, 10:50:21 AM »
I'm surprised nobody has said GZA

Elevz

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2005, 12:27:52 PM »

Please tell me you in your right mind didn't just put Snoop Dogg on the list of most consistant rappers. I don't know how you can even think of his name like that... He went from dropping "Doggystyle" and "Tha Doggfather" to "The game is to be sold" and albums like "R&G" and "Paid tha cost" with in the mean time some quite nice albums like "Tha last meal" and "NL Top Dogg", and how about his weak series of mixtapes, or the average shit he did with Tha Eastsidaz? Of course, Snoop's been of great value when he was working with Dre on his projects, but really... I'll nominate  him for being the least consistant rap artist of all time. There's no words to describe how hard dude really fell off. He seems really incapable of making a decent album on his own these days.

Okka

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2005, 12:32:12 PM »

Please tell me you in your right mind didn't just put Snoop Dogg on the list of most consistant rappers. I don't know how you can even think of his name like that... He went from dropping "Doggystyle" and "Tha Doggfather" to "The game is to be sold" and albums like "R&G" and "Paid tha cost" with in the mean time some quite nice albums like "Tha last meal" and "NL Top Dogg", and how about his weak series of mixtapes, or the average shit he did with Tha Eastsidaz?

"Snoop Dogg Presents Tha Eastsidaz" ain't average, it's allmost a classic in my eyez...

Elevz

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2005, 12:40:09 PM »

Please tell me you in your right mind didn't just put Snoop Dogg on the list of most consistant rappers. I don't know how you can even think of his name like that... He went from dropping "Doggystyle" and "Tha Doggfather" to "The game is to be sold" and albums like "R&G" and "Paid tha cost" with in the mean time some quite nice albums like "Tha last meal" and "NL Top Dogg", and how about his weak series of mixtapes, or the average shit he did with Tha Eastsidaz?

"Snoop Dogg Presents Tha Eastsidaz" ain't average, it's allmost a classic in my eyez...

Almost as good as Doggystyle or The Chronic?

;D

I think not. But if you like it that much, that's cool, but pleaaase... Snoop is anything but consistant, face it  8)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2005, 12:50:12 PM »
Ghostface Killah,Yukmouth & Gang Starr

Bigg $amo

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2005, 01:29:40 PM »
^^yup! ghostface i def. agree 8)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2005, 03:44:24 PM »
^^yup! ghostface i def. agree 8)

forgot about ghostface def a consitent rapper...Thats what makes him the best in the Clan IMO