Author Topic: truth hurts about DRE  (Read 177 times)

UPINSMOKETOUR

• Muthafuckin' OG
truth hurts about DRE
« on: April 15, 2002, 05:14:31 AM »
Truth Hurts about Dre (April 15, 2002)
Truth Hurts upcoming Aftermath debut album "Truthfully Speaking" is set to be released on June 18 with production from Dr. Dre, DJ Quik, Hi-Tek, Organized Noise and Tim and Bob. "Her album is scary," proclaimed DJ Quik, who knows Truth from back in the day. "I'm sitting up here looking at this Mary J. Blige 'Behind the Music' it's almost like she's a West Coast Mary. Just like kind of the same [vibe]. I used to tour with Mary, and I see a lot of Mary in Shari. Shari is on some soulful, street sh-- and she ain't no punk broad. She's strong and she's different." The first sample of her edgy R&B is "Addictive." Quik, who produced the song, passed the beat to his homegirl after trying it out with several rappers and misfiring. "I was like, 'Man, I've never heard anything like this,' " Truth recalled. "I took it to Dre that day, and he was like, 'This changes the game right here. Tell Quik to call my phone right now.' Quik called him, and he was like, 'I love this track. I think it's gonna be her first single.' " "The song is really simple," Dr. Dre said. "All it is is a drum track, bassline and this Indian girl singing. And it was incredible."
About working with the Doc Truth said "I learned everything I need to know from working with Dr. Dre. I love him for being a perfectionist and knowing what it takes to do this shit for real. Not just throwing out some nonsense. He's a master at this game." Word, be on the lookout for this upcoming RnB heater.
Source: MTV.com

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »