Author Topic: Are there ghettos in Canada?  (Read 539 times)

J Bananas

Are there ghettos in Canada?
« on: November 02, 2005, 10:26:43 AM »
It seems like a pretty clean country with little crime, are there ghetto neighborhoods where just minorities live with lots of crime and shitty buildings and stuff? I remember on Bowling for Columbine Michael Moore had a little segment pointing out the Canadian ghetto and it was a nice apartment complex, was he right?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Are there ghettos in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 10:31:53 AM »
lol...man u soundin hella ignorant right now

The world is ghetto. Theres ghetoos all over the world. All over the world u have places where the poorest of society is pushed into. You got corners where the lower classes congregate. Anywhere in the world u got public housing, welfare etc etc that shit is universal.

Here in toronto we got ghettos and hoods, some nasty as hell, most decent compared to fuckin american slums. but dont get it twisted T Dot we keep it gd up
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Bigg $amo

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 10:32:13 AM »
lots of gangs but i don't think there are ghettos. If there is, it would probably be in toronto. MAYBE in montreal..

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 10:32:57 AM »
Of course there are some ghettos in Canada, but they don't hold anything to the ones in America in size or ruffness.
What Micheal Moore was showing is true. A lot of the ghettos are goverment-run apartments. In Canada that means they're pretty nice.
Government owned complexs in America are shit to the ones in Canada.
I've seen government housing that is better then regular housing all over Winnipeg, Mb.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 10:34:11 AM »
in toronto most of the public housing is fuckin run down man. its discrepit, needs repairs, graffiti. man i feel stupid posting int his thread

ghetto is universal
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 10:57:50 AM »
My father grew up in one, so I'd say yes.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 11:20:06 AM »

tech got it spot on... everywhere in the world has its grimey places..

i dont know where the line for "ghetto" is..

we have poorer, govt housing areas with more drugs and crime etc..

but as for is it ghetto? i dunno..

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 12:06:42 PM »
It seems like a pretty clean country with little crime

Vancouver has the second most property crimes in North America next to Miami.  It is the stolen car capitol of North America.  And we average 1 bank robbery per business day.  If you wanna see a ghetto, go to the downtown eastside of Vancouver. 

The only place in North America where the government gives out herion and clean needles to junkies.  Just go to google and search "downtown eastside" and see how much stuff on Vancouver comes up.

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 12:47:10 PM »
lol...man u soundin hella ignorant right now

The world is ghetto. Theres ghetoos all over the world. All over the world u have places where the poorest of society is pushed into. You got corners where the lower classes congregate. Anywhere in the world u got public housing, welfare etc etc that shit is universal.

Here in toronto we got ghettos and hoods, some nasty as hell, most decent compared to fuckin american slums. but dont get it twisted T Dot we keep it gd up

dude youre the one sounding ignorant. i asked a simple question. it wasnt to spite you, but it obviously struck a nerve cuz u prolly listen to too much ghetto music and wish u were a part of it. the wrold is not a ghetto, the world has a lot of very nice things. stop trying to sensationalize a lower quality of life and pretend like its somethign that earns braggin rights. i cant stan u suburban dfuckers who speak on ghetto life like u have some connection thru rap music something, just stop. you are the brainwashed ignorant one. end of discussion.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 03:47:07 PM »
no you stupid motherfucker, the one who is askin stupid questions and making stupid assumptions is the one thats ignorant. You faggot.
Suck this ghetto dick.

- Lewis Carroll

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 04:13:52 PM »
no doubt theres ghettos all over the world
vancity's downtown eastside is pretty ghetto. i just wonder whats goin to happen wit their plan to relocate all the homeless and shit to make the city look more presentable for like 2010 when the world comes here
try the ghetto townships of south africa where ppl live in makeshift houses and its literally every man for himself cuz u know the white govt their dont give a shit bout no coloured ppl

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 05:16:43 PM »
anyone heard of east van... ghetto. people dont realize how big of a drug problem there is in vancouver..and im not talking about weed..

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 05:45:23 PM »
^^^^its becuz our govt is handin out the needles and shit and their r safe injection sites

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 05:57:47 PM »
^^^^its becuz our govt is handin out the needles and shit and their r safe injection sites

i dunno... the problem was there WAY b4 they started all these new programs... the reason for these plans is to try and keep the drugs off the streets.. the last thing u want is to step on a fuckin needle that has just been used by someone HIV positive.

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »
East Van and Surrey nowadays theres gun related deaths takin place there everyday now  ??? same with Toronot lately