Author Topic: Why Arabs Love Israel  (Read 350 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Why Arabs Love Israel
« on: November 05, 2005, 10:22:05 AM »
Why Arabs love Israel(Joseph Farah,WND,Apr 9,2003)-

"Arabs in Israel vote. They elect leaders to the Knesset [Israeli parliament]. They have their own political parties. They have their own newspapers. They have full rights to citizenship. They are free to speak their minds. As an Arab-American journalist who has spent a good deal of time covering the region, I can tell you there is more freedom for Arabs in Israel than in any Arab state."

Over the last quarter century, the Hispanic population of the United States has exploded.

Immigration laws have been ignored. The huge border separating the U.S. and Mexico is virtually unpatrolled. And the illegal population of recent immigrants has been offered a series of amnesties forgiving past trespasses.

Some within that community – and it is certainly a small minority of the population – are resentful about life in America. Some are even promoting the idea of creating a separate Spanish-speaking state of Aztlan in the southwestern United States.

All this raises an obvious question: If life in America is so bad for Spanish-speaking immigrants, why do they continue to flock to the United States?

Why do I ask this question today? Not because I am writing about immigration in America, but because I want to make a point about immigration in the Middle East.

Conventional wisdom suggests a huge Arab population was displaced by the creation of Israel in 1948. It suggests the remaining Arab population in Israel has been mistreated. And it further suggests the solution to this problem is the creation of an Arab Palestinian state on Israeli land.

There are several glaring misconceptions in this view:

The Arab population displaced by the 1948 war has been greatly exaggerated. The actual figure is no more than 500,000. Even more important is the cause of that displacement. The 1948 war was declared against Israel by all of its Arab neighbors. The refugees left Israel at the urging of those Arab states. They were told to leave because their homeland was about to be liberated by Arab forces. Of course, we all know Israel survived. Who is morally and legally culpable for creating those refugees? I would suggest it is the Arab states, not Israel.

Far from being mistreated, the Arab population in Israel and in the territories administered by Israel has been freer than the population in any Arab state. Arabs in Israel vote. They elect leaders to the Knesset. They have their own political parties. They have their own newspapers. They have full rights to citizenship. They are free to speak their minds. As an Arab-American journalist who has spent a good deal of time covering the region, I can tell you there is more freedom for Arabs in Israel than in any Arab state.

Land cannot possibly be the contentious issue as the Arab and Muslim states in the region already have 800 times as much territory as Israel. The Arabs have 50 times the population of Israel. The Arabs have all of the oil reserves of the region. They have 21 states of their own – all varying shades of police states. It's difficult to imagine how one more will bring peace to a region that has known some of the most devastating and costly wars of the last century.

But, to top it all off, I seem to be the only observer asking pointed questions about the Arab-Israeli conflict: If conditions for Arabs are so bad in Israel, why is the Arab population exploding -- and I don't mean because of suicide bombers? Why do Arabs continue to flock to the tiny Jewish state from virtually every Arab and Muslim land in the world?

In 1949, the Arab population of Israel was about 160,000. Today, it is over 1.2 million.

This is hardly attributable to higher birth rates. Most of the growth in Arab population is due to migration. In other words, Arabs are picking up stakes in Arab lands and choosing to live in Israel.

This trend, of course, doesn't include Arab Jewish migration to Israel. No one talks about the staggering number of Arab Jewish refugees – as many as 1 million – who fled the Muslim world with little more than the clothes on their backs to reach the safety and security of the Jewish state in the last 50 years.

We're led to believe Arabs hate Israel – and, indeed, it's true there is an irrational, inexplicable form of virulent anti-Semitism growing in the Arab and Muslim world. But when they vote with their feet, Arabs seem to love Israel. They continue to choose it as a place to live over life in their native countries as they have for the last half-century.

I'd love to hear one of the Arab nationalists explain this phenomenon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOUR THOUGHTS!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 10:38:14 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why Arabs Love Israel
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 10:44:25 AM »
In 1949, the Arab population of Israel was about 160,000. Today, it is over 1.2 million.

Arab Jewish refugees – as many as 1 million

I never thought that Arab Jews wouldn't love Israel. There is no reason why they shouldn't.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 10:47:52 AM »
Good! what else?

I mean aside from establishing that these Palestinians are not victims of Zionism but people who welcome its enterprise.

p.s Since you obviously have reading comprehension problems I should point out that the number of 1.2 million does not refer to Jewish refugees from Arab states but to Palestinians/Arabs.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 11:25:47 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 11:28:58 AM »
This trend, of course, doesn't include Arab Jewish migration to Israel. No one talks about the staggering number of Arab Jewish refugees – as many as 1 million – who fled the Muslim world with little more than the clothes on their backs to reach the safety and security of the Jewish state in the last 50 years.

Here you go Jamal!

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 11:36:38 AM »
Good! what else?

I mean aside from establishing that these Palestinians are not victims of Zionism but people who welcome its enterprise.

p.s Since you obviously have reading comprehension problems I should point out that the number of 1.2 million does not refer to Jewish refugees from Arab states but to Palestinians/Arabs.

All I did was quote two lines... I didn't even say anything about them, except that there is no reason why Arab Jews shouldn't love Israel.

Ok, so you lost the other argument... doesn't mean you have to start this conversation off with assumptions.

Palestinians are victims of Zionism. Unless you can prove that no innocent Palestinian has ever been killed by an Israeli or that no home of a Palestinian has ever been bulldozed, then my point stands correct. It's impossible for you to disprove me... no matter how many of these bullshit articles you post. You lost. Get over it.  :)
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 11:40:32 AM »
if they love it so much why the fuck do they keep blowing it up, arabs love israel but hate jews

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 12:07:24 PM »
Good! what else?

All I did was quote two lines... I didn't even say anything about them, except that there is no reason why Arab Jews shouldn't love Israel.

Ok, so you lost the other argument... doesn't mean you have to start this conversation off with assumptions.

Palestinians are victims of Zionism. Unless you can prove that no innocent Palestinian has ever been killed by an Israeli or that no home of a Palestinian has ever been bulldozed, then my point stands correct. It's impossible for you to disprove me... no matter how many of these bullshit articles you post. You lost. Get over it.  :)

I'm not surprised you reckon the other thread as some sort of a virtual-battlefield where you can win or loose since the inner conflicts you're having, being a propaganda victim, while puting your groundless statements to a reality test next to facts I state are too hard to bear so just like the Palestinian Autonomy "YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR ENEMY SO YOU'RE FIGHTING WITH YOURSELF"...

If I'm Jewish and I kill a person who is trying to kill me is that person a victim of Judaism? LOL

According to your definition of the term "victim" Al Qaeda is a victim of the U.S .

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 12:08:22 PM »
Nope... just look at who's the occupier and the occupied...

LOL @ this fudgepacker

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 12:23:16 PM »
Nope... just look at who's the occupier and the occupied...

Before 1967 were the Palestinians victims of Jordan and Egypt since they were the ones occupying Gaza and the West Bank( since you consider it "Palestinian land")?
Weren't the *'Palestinian Refugees' from 1947-49 victims of the Arab States who threatened with war(subsequently attempting to conquer the land)?

*Palestinian Refugees
About 600,000 Palestinian (other estimates range form 500,000 to 800,0000) fled Israel between 1947 and 1949, fundamentally because of the Arab states' rejection of the United Nation partition plan and invasion of Israel. The refugees fled out of fear of war and in response to Arab leaders' calls for Arabs to evacuate the areas allocated to the Jews until Israel had been eliminated.

What about exploding buses and public buildings? doesn't that make Israelis the victims of the Palestinian Self Determination? see it can work both ways with such a definition.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 12:30:45 PM by I TO DA GEEZY »

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 12:36:58 PM »
if they love it so much why the fuck do they keep blowing it up, arabs love israel but hate jews

I mean, see for yourself Jamal! at least you made the effort to study the issue to an extent so you could rationalize your propaganda based views, this guy is an example to how the Palestinian propaganda may affect those who know absolutely nothing of the conflict.

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2005, 04:11:48 PM »
http://poetry.rotten.com/jenin/

check this out biyaatch

well who are the victims now
United Arab States

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 02:35:29 AM »

I mean, see for yourself Jamal! at least you made the effort to study the issue to an extent so you could rationalize your propaganda based views, this guy is an example to how the Palestinian propaganda may affect those who know absolutely nothing of the conflict.

Yup... the thing you forgot to do is rationalize your propaganda based views... you're just a recorder playing shit back on repeat... seriously, no matter what your position is on the issue, it is straight up retarded to say that Palestinians have not been victims of Zionism... only retards would say that... it's like saying the U.S. never dropped bombs on Japan... it's a historic fact... but then again... my sig explains why that doesn't matter

LOL @ this fudgepacker

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 05:20:38 AM »

Yup... the thing you forgot to do is rationalize your propaganda based views... you're just a recorder playing shit back on repeat... seriously, no matter what your position is on the issue, it is straight up retarded to say that Palestinians have not been victims of Zionism... only retards would say that... it's like saying the U.S. never dropped bombs on Japan... it's a historic fact... but then again... my sig explains why that doesn't matter

Known and tested facts are not something that requires further proof after they have already been proven(Like I said and you quoted in your sig,taking it out of context, we don't need/have to believe facts- we need\have to know facts)  and the fact of the matter is that the Palestinians from the dawn of their national existence(after World War 1) down to our time had been victims of their leadership(which from the start of the Palestinian national existence was a puppet of totalitarian Arab states) A FACT that lies in the roots of this conflict, ignoring it is obscene. Again I ask you to compare the Palestinians who chose to stay and reject the Arab states' "eviction notice" in 47-49 (due to "nearing elimination of the state of Israel and occupation of Palestine by the Arab states" in a notion of *Pan-Arabism)  to those who chose to abide by their subjugators' interest.

Who is whose victim?

-You are... a victim of propaganda.

It's like you DON'T WANT TO SEE THE TRUTH.

*Pan-Arabism
Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser sought to unify the Arab world into one Arab state. This goal was referred to as Pan-Arabism.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 05:44:24 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 11:11:37 AM »
You claim that Palestinians have in no way been victims of Zionism... when Zionist leaders admit they have... and you're telling me that I'm a victim of propaganda and don't see the facts... your whole country was founded on propaganda.. and it continues to thrive on it... "a land without people for a people without land".... bullshit just like everything else you're fed.. you honestly have got to be retarded to say that Palestinians have not been victims of Zionism... the lack of good leadership just made things worse for them but it isn't the main factor of their problems... their leaders aren't bulldozing their homes, the Israeli government is... the root of the entire problem is that Zionists didn't give a shit about the indigigenous population... they tried to remove the population and basically denied its existence... compare the Jewish to non-Jewish population in Palestine prior to the colonial Zionist movement, check how many people lived there, and tell me that it was a land without people...

Golda Meir: "There is no such thing as a Palestinian."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:39:07 AM by JML - no vowels, disembowel your Colin Powell, throw in the towel »

LOL @ this fudgepacker

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 11:26:55 AM »
UN Resolutions Against Israel, 1955-1992
Resolution 106: "...‘condemns’ Israel for Gaza raid"
Resolution 111: "...‘condemns’ Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people"
Resolution 127: "...‘recommends’ Israel suspend its ‘no-man’s zone’ in Jerusalem"
Resolution 162: "...‘urges’ Israel to comply with UN decisions"
Resolution 171: "...determines flagrant violations’ by Israel in its attack on Syria"
Resolution 228: "...‘censures’ Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then under Jordanian control"
Resolution 237: "...‘urges’ Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian refugees"
Resolution 248: "...‘condemns’ Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in Jordan"
Resolution 250: "...‘calls’ on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem"
Resolution 251: "...‘deeply deplores’ Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in defiance of Resolution 250"
Resolution 252: "...‘declares invalid’ Israel’s acts to unify Jerusalem as Jewish capital"
Resolution 256: "...‘condemns’ Israeli raids on Jordan as ‘flagrant violation"
Resolution 259: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation"
Resolution 262: "...‘condemns’ Israel for attack on Beirut airport"
Resolution 265: "...‘condemns’ Israel for air attacks for Salt in Jordan"
Resolution 267: "...‘censures’ Israel for administrative acts to change the status of Jerusalem"
Resolution 270: "...‘condemns’ Israel for air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon"
Resolution 271: "...‘condemns’ Israel’s failure to obey UN resolutions on Jerusalem"
Resolution 279: "...‘demands’ withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanon"
Resolution 280: "....‘condemns’ Israeli’s attacks against Lebanon"
Resolution 285: "...‘demands’ immediate Israeli withdrawal form Lebanon"
Resolution 298: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s changing of the status of Jerusalem"
Resolution 313: "...‘demands’ that Israel stop attacks against Lebanon"
Resolution 316: "...‘condemns’ Israel for repeated attacks on Lebanon"
Resolution 317: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s refusal to release Arabs abducted in Lebanon"
Resolution 332: "...‘condemns’ Israel’s repeated attacks against Lebanon"
Resolution 337: "...‘condemns’ Israel for violating Lebanon’s sovereignty"
Resolution 347: "...‘condemns’ Israeli attacks on Lebanon"
Resolution 425: "...‘calls’ on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon"
Resolution 427: "...‘calls’ on Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon’
Resolution 444: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s lack of cooperation with UN peacekeeping forces"
Resolution 446: "...‘determines’ that Israeli settlements are a ‘serious obstruction’ to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention"
Resolution 450: "...‘calls’ on Israel to stop attacking Lebanon"
Resolution 452: "...‘calls’ on Israel to cease building settlements in occupied territories"
Resolution 465: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s settlements and asks all member states not to assist Israel’s settlements program"
Resolution 467: "...‘strongly deplores’ Israel’s military intervention in Lebanon"
Resolution 468: "...‘calls’ on Israel to rescind illegal expulsions of two Palestinian mayors and a judge and to facilitate their return"
Resolution 469: "...‘strongly deplores’ Israel’s failure to observe the council’s order not to deport Palestinians"
Resolution 471: "...‘expresses deep concern’ at Israel’s failure to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention"
Resolution 476: "...‘reiterates’ that Israel’s claims to Jerusalem are ‘null and void’
Resolution 478: "...‘censures (Israel) in the strongest terms’ for its claim to Jerusalem in its ‘Basic Law’
Resolution 484: "...‘declares it imperative’ that Israel re-admit two deported Palestinian mayors"
Resolution 487: "...‘strongly condemns’ Israel for its attack on Iraq’s nuclear facility"
Resolution 497: "...‘decides’ that Israel’s annexation of Syria’s Golan Heights is ‘null and void’ and demands that Israel rescind its decision forthwith"
Resolution 498: "...‘calls’ on Israel to withdraw from Lebanon"
Resolution 501: "...‘calls’ on Israel to stop attacks against Lebanon and withdraw its troops"
Resolution 509: "...‘demands’ that Israel withdraw its forces forthwith and unconditionally from Lebanon"
Resolution 515: "...‘demands’ that Israel lift its siege of Beirut and allow food supplies to be brought in"
Resolution 517: "...‘censures’ Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions and demands that Israel withdraw its forces from Lebanon"
Resolution 518: "...‘demands’ that Israel cooperate fully with UN forces in Lebanon"
Resolution 520: "...‘condemns’ Israel’s attack into West Beirut"
Resolution 573: "...‘condemns’ Israel ‘vigorously’ for bombing Tunisia in attack on PLO headquarters
Resolution 587: "...‘takes note’ of previous calls on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon and urges all parties to withdraw"
Resolution 592: "...‘strongly deplores’ the killing of Palestinian students at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops"
Resolution 605: "...‘strongly deplores’ Israel’s policies and practices denying the human rights of Palestinians
Resolution 607: "...‘calls’ on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly requests it to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention
Resolution 608: "...‘deeply regrets’ that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported Palestinian civilians"
Resolution 636: "...‘deeply regrets’ Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians
Resolution 641: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s continuing deportation of Palestinians
Resolution 672: "...‘condemns’ Israel for violence against Palestinians at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount
Resolution 673: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s refusal to cooperate with the United Nations
Resolution 681: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s resumption of the deportation of Palestinians
Resolution 694: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s deportation of Palestinians and calls on it to ensure their safe and immediate return
Resolution 726: "...‘strongly condemns’ Israel’s deportation of Palestinians
Resolution 799: "...‘strongly condemns’ Israel’s deportation of 413 Palestinians and calls for their immediate return.

In operative paragraph 1 of its 19 October 2000 Resolution, the U.N. Human Rights Commission then: “Strongly condemns the disproportionate and indiscriminate use of force in violation of international humanitarian law by the Israeli occupying Power against innocent and unarmed Palestinian civilians...including many children, in the occupied territories, which constitutes a war crime and a crime against humanity;...” And in paragraph 5 of its 19 October 2000 Resolution, the U.N. Human Rights Commission: “Also affirms that the deliberate and systematic killing of civilians and children by the Israeli occupying authorities constitutes a flagrant and grave violation of the right to life and also constitutes a crime against humanity;...”

I know you're afraid of facts, but here are some more

Amnest International
http://web.amnesty.org/library/eng-isr/index

« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:33:44 AM by JML - no vowels, disembowel your Colin Powell, throw in the towel »

LOL @ this fudgepacker