Author Topic: Any Quebecers on this board?  (Read 652 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Any Quebecers on this board?
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2005, 04:11:18 AM »
well, maybe we should start to think about the minority of people that love us from the bottom of they heart and stop carring about that majority (that include the governement) who think we are inferior, call us frogs, spit on our face when we go outside, blackball us from every kind of industrys, steal our money(liberal party), dont give our governement shit, dissrespect our religion, dissrespect us for who we are, said they love us only one time in the history in 95 then the day after they didn't give a fuck a no more, oppressed us for 250 years until we got up and said fuck that in the 60's and 70's, tried to assimillate us many times...  maybe.

Ok, here's where we find some common ground. I agree with you on those points, and I hate when people bash the French, and steal our money (they stole my money too, not just Quebec's. Remember that). But as long as you guys keep electing only BQ and Liberal members, then we'll be stuck in this. And as long as your province keeps voting PQ and Liberal provincially, little will get done. If Quebec could rally behind the federal Tories, and Mario Dumont and the ADQ then we could really get some work done, all together, and give Quebec and the rest of Canada a real partnership.

if we were one country, believe me, yall would listen to our music and our movies, like we do with yours. i bet u dont know who sans pression and dubmatique are, but i know who rascalz, kardinal offishial, k-os and them mothafuckaz, i know them.

What's the big deal if we don't? We can respect that each province has it's own culture, which is cool. Listening to an artist from an areas means nothing. By that logic we might as well join the US since we listen to their music.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2005, 09:53:26 AM »
i am but im not a seperatist,i speak both french and english,i dont know why the fuck is a big deal when ppl in quebec speaks english when a lot a ppl speak frenchs in other "english province" it's the same everywhere,somme ppl speaks french and some other ppl speaks english,why make a big deal out of it?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2005, 09:31:03 PM »
i am but im not a seperatist,i speak both french and english,i dont know why the fuck is a big deal when ppl in quebec speaks english when a lot a ppl speak frenchs in other "english province" it's the same everywhere,somme ppl speaks french and some other ppl speaks english,why make a big deal out of it?

it's not the fact that peeps speak english or french. It's the fact that our origins are french, and that we speak french. So when you go to a store, and the seller don't speak a word of french, some people get mad. Most of my friends really suck in english

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2005, 01:50:12 PM »
Back in BC i was in french immersion for a few years....but it was a very small minority in the school system, my class was actually the last to go thru the program in our town
when i moved to ottawa i was amazed at how much french there was around....but its the capital city, everything should be bilingual in a county with 2 official languages.  But then i go across the river into hull, quebec....and i assumed everyone would know english as well as french, especially being 5 minutes from the parliament buildings on the english side, but im astonished at how many people iv met who know so little english that they cant even carry a conversation.

Im glad i learned both languages, and i wouldnt want Quebec to seperate....but people need to make an effort if we want canada to be unified, everyone should have a decent understanding of both languages and understand how our country was created on the backs of both peoples (as well as many others).
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2005, 02:42:35 PM »
Im glad i learned both languages, and i wouldnt want Quebec to seperate....but people need to make an effort if we want canada to be unified, everyone should have a decent understanding of both languages and understand how our country was created on the backs of both peoples (as well as many others).

Great post, I couldn't agree more.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2005, 11:21:40 AM »

Great post, I couldn't agree more.

me 2