Author Topic: 2 sports teams in the same sport divides Los Angeles  (Read 340 times)

WestCoasta

2 sports teams in the same sport divides Los Angeles
« on: November 06, 2005, 04:43:22 PM »
I was thinking how lame it is to have 2 teams in a city.....  just because when one happens to win a title or go on a title run, it splits the city up

it would be a lot more special if no city in sports had 2 teams because when it came time for a title run, the entire city would back the one team and make it that much better if they won

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2 sports teams in the same sport divides Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 05:07:07 PM »
fo real man..the worst part is that the clipper owner doesn't even want to win..he always puts the cheapest team possible out on the court..he just wants to put the most money possible in his pocket while Dr.Buss is paying shaq 200 mill $ in 8 years and kobe got the biggest contract in NBA History and always paying salary tax and shit like that..

And what the fuck makes you a clipper fan? what a bunch of losers..are these guys even from L.A.?  how can you not love Chick Hearn and Nick Van Axel and all those guys back in the days..

Clippers have no history..they don't deserve to play in L.A...go back to San Diego

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 05:33:55 PM »
Nah...cause when the two teams play each other..its awesome...well, thats if both teams are good

Two that I can think of that are really great too watch

New York Islanders vs New York Rangers
Glasgow Celtic vs Glasgow Rangers Fc

DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 06:06:39 PM »
Mets Vs. Yankees games are always interesting to watch too.. in baseball they should move the  tampa bay devil rays somewhere else because theyve always been a disgrace of a team and the marlins are supposed to represent the whole state of florida and theyve always won more than 50 games a season at least and won the world series a couple of times

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 06:08:52 PM »
well, of course it's cool when the cross-town rivals play each other..... but wouldn't it be better to have one team, and if they won the title, it'd be a city-wide celebration?

I'd rather have that then the occasional meaningless regular season games where all the fans do is argue

blonde_opie

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 06:26:39 PM »
Mets Vs. Yankees games are always interesting to watch too.. in baseball they should move the  tampa bay devil rays somewhere else because theyve always been a disgrace of a team and the marlins are supposed to represent the whole state of florida and theyve always won more than 50 games a season at least and won the world series a couple of times

the devil rays have always sucked becuase of their owner.  with this new owner coming in, the devil rays may actually spend money on players for a change.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 06:38:20 PM »
cubz vs sox

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 06:51:25 PM »
Rangers vs Islanders

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 04:26:22 PM »
                 yankees/mets
                                              jets/giants
                                                                        rangers/islanders

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 09:24:29 PM »
Well, I would say it's more fun, but it's not just because the Clippers never do anything. It's not even a rivalry because they don't have any kind of bad history against each other. I barely know of any Clipper fans....to me, the only people who go to their games are the ones who get free tickets from bein in certain clubs at school, and people who just want to go to Laker games for cheap whenever they play The Lakers and it's their home game...(ain't that the most retarted shit ever?).

But personally, I like the Clippers too, just nowhere near as much as the Lakers. It's hard to like a team when their own damn owner doesn't.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 10:34:53 PM »
I've been to 3 clipper games, and that's because someone gave me the tickets. If I want to go to a Laker game, I have to come out the pocket. Nothing beats seeing a Laker game live.

I'm indifferent to the clippers myself. I don't hate them but I'm not a fan either.

I've only met one hardcore clipper fan personally.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 06:38:38 AM »
when the 2 football teams of munich played each other it was always a great event.. the rivalry was always fun too
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin