Author Topic: Eminem - When I'm Gone  (Read 1197 times)

NP_POISON_247365

• Lil Geezy
Re: Eminem - When I'm Gone
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2005, 11:50:35 PM »
just coz he talks about similar subjects repeatedly doesnt automatically make it bad. your favorite thug rapper does the same, only he recycles the same topics as the millions of other thug rappers. at least these topics are eminems own, and nobody has ever rapped about them before, ever. except for that one where slim thug had a song about missing hailie, that was kinda weird.

Just what I was thinkn..I am sorry but u can't really find many good rappers nowadays that ain't saying/rappin' about the same shit pretty much..tight track I like it. I havent bought a CD in over 3 years and I got piles of songs/burn'd cds..his greatest hits CD will be 1st cd ill buy in awhile..

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2005, 01:27:46 AM »
i downloaded this bullshit and deleted it, eminem used to be real good, great flow and original concepts and ways of getting information across.  i feel like i've heard this song 992384927812394 times before.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2005, 07:35:13 AM »
I typed a part of the last verse up, and I'm a little offended by the content, it's like he's claimin' that to a certain extent his fans ruin his life lol

But baby wait - it's too late dad, you made your choice
now go out there and show 'em that you love 'em more than us,
that's what they want, they want you Marshall, they keep
screaming your name, it's no wonder you can't go to sleep
just take another *sleeping pill*, yeah I bet you will
you rap about it, yeah word, kee-keep it real
I hear applause, all this time I couldn't see
how could it be, that the curtain is closing on me?
I turn around, find a *gun* on the ground
*cock it*, put it to my brain, sceam "die Shady!"
and *pull it*, the sky darkens, my life flashes

after this verse Im 100% sure. he hates rapping.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

EAsideST

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2005, 08:39:12 AM »
I typed a part of the last verse up, and I'm a little offended by the content, it's like he's claimin' that to a certain extent his fans ruin his life lol

I'm sorry but what a little faggot eminem is, really. Em was the shit until he started to think he was some kind of thug or gangster or whatever. When he made that "go to sleep" track where he was talking about killing and shooting his gun, that was the turn for the worst. I remember playing that track and even the girls would be like "change this it sucks" and they were right, no one was buying Em's new soldier façade. Then when 50 signed everything was about beef and conflict and wack overly heavy depressing recycled shit. The reason eminem wants to retire is because his album sales are slipping, his shady clothing line is worthless and hes loosing fans. What a fucking bitch blaming his problems on stardom and the fans, fucking faggot is richer than 90% of all musicians ever.   

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2005, 08:43:39 AM »
I don't think he wants to retire because of the reasons you mentioned, his music turned out terrible before those things happened. The whole falling off shit started after 8Mile was over. I hoped he was just playing around and shit and then he released Encore which was ice on the cake, lol. Im sure as hell he hated making that album. He talked about retiring during The Eminem Show already. He hates his job.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2005, 09:08:56 AM »

He may be tired of rapping, or he may not. But i dont think hes blamin fans for ruinin his life. People gotta understand that writing a song doesnt always say your exact beleifs. It's about your mood, where the beat takes you and how you feel at that moment. Just cause he says that shit doesnt mean he hates his fans, hes always said he loves his fans but no one pays attention to that. Tupac contradics him self more than anyone, you people should know this shit.

Don Breezio

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2005, 11:21:38 AM »
he doesnt want to retire because he's tired of rapping...he wants to retire cuz he's sick of trying to live up to the sslp....everyone wants slim shady....think about it he's rapped about it a hundered times...that album was classic...great album...and the only one of its kind...he came with another album that was great but a different persona...the mmlp...again a great album and while not exactly the sslp still very slim shady-esque.....then he came a little more serious with TES...which is (in my opinion) his best album because he matured a ton...got less angry...and talked about more important things besides what kind of drugs he was on. but everyone was so used to Slim Shady they didnt want eminem...then there was encore....well that album just sucked so whatever

personally i think this song is really good for what i expected...I expected it to be just like encore...while this is a lot like it...its on par with the good songs of encore (like toy soliders, mockingbird, etc.)...and some of the lesser tracks of the eminem show....this song to me gives me hope for some more good material on upcoming albums...even the other 2 new songs on the greatest hits cd im looking forward to now

WestCoasta

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2005, 11:54:59 AM »
His problem is he tries to rap too melodically too often. It was amazing on The Way I Am and still great on Em Show but he's run out of melodies. It's just not fresh, (or even cohesive), any more. Someone needs to tell him he's not one of the great melody writers of all time
da da da da da da da that's all I hear when he raps
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 11:56:52 AM by We$t Coa$t »

Sikotic™

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2005, 12:03:17 PM »
then he came a little more serious with TES...which is (in my opinion) his best album because he matured a ton...got less angry...and talked about more important things besides what kind of drugs he was on. but everyone was so used to Slim Shady they didnt want eminem...then there was encore....well that album just sucked so whatever

I agree with ya. He slowly improved as an artist up until The Em Show. Then something went terribly wrong.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2005, 12:30:13 PM »

He may be tired of rapping, or he may not. But i dont think hes blamin fans for ruinin his life. People gotta understand that writing a song doesnt always say your exact beleifs. It's about your mood, where the beat takes you and how you feel at that moment. Just cause he says that shit doesnt mean he hates his fans, hes always said he loves his fans but no one pays attention to that. Tupac contradics him self more than anyone, you people should know this shit.

Except Tupac was a lot more versatile, had a delivery that expressed the tone of his lyrics more than anyone in rap, and had a poetry in his music that most of rap can't compare to. At least when Tupac contradicted himself he was still amazing musically. And that's all we knew him as; Tupac the rapper. No one here knew Tupac the man so his contradictions are meaningless to us.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2005, 12:57:05 PM »
i like it

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2005, 01:00:12 PM »
if there is no passion involved, and you don't feel like expressing yourself in a witty way and reaching the people through your songs, it's a no-brainer to me. just retire, period.
you clearly see he lost all his anger and passion he was loaded with a couple years back. his verses no longer aim at perfection, but more at getting the minutes filled. the fire is out and if he can't gain the fuel to fire it up again, there's no better option than retirement. sad as it is.

I never read anything more true

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2005, 04:31:37 PM »
i feel it more than mockinbird
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2005, 04:59:26 PM »
The reason eminem wants to retire is because his album sales are slipping, his shady clothing line is worthless and hes loosing fans. What a fucking bitch blaming his problems on stardom and the fans, fucking faggot is richer than 90% of all musicians ever.   

His last album went 4x platinum I think. His sales are not slipping so bad but his last album was garbage from a quality point of view and it could be he's lost the fire and desire to get out there every night on the grind. Especially when he's got as much dough as he's got. If he is contemplating retiring, I give him credit for recognizing he needs to do it, if he's not retiring, he better step up his game and come with something fresh.

The Watcher

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2005, 05:47:41 PM »
he's retirin from rappin because he hates the spotlight and hates bein this famous, like he's said a million times he never thought he'd get that amount of stardom .. he hates havin to live up to slim shady which is why you hear him say in the song he puts a gun to shady's head & kills him, and how he still loves kim etc, none of the shit like her slicin up her wrists if it wasnt for him rappin
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden