Author Topic: Eminem - When I'm Gone  (Read 1141 times)

Inspire / Moss

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.DUBCNN.com
Re: Eminem - When I'm Gone
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2005, 07:00:29 PM »
if there is no passion involved, and you don't feel like expressing yourself in a witty way and reaching the people through your songs, it's a no-brainer to me. just retire, period.
you clearly see he lost all his anger and passion he was loaded with a couple years back. his verses no longer aim at perfection, but more at getting the minutes filled. the fire is out and if he can't gain the fuel to fire it up again, there's no better option than retirement. sad as it is.

This is exactly my opinion, just listen to his older stuff. anything before the eminem show is tight in my opinion...

~ Westcoast News Network ~

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2005, 08:19:51 PM »
he's retirin from rappin because he hates the spotlight and hates bein this famous, like he's said a million times he never thought he'd get that amount of stardom .. he hates havin to live up to slim shady which is why you hear him say in the song he puts a gun to shady's head & kills him, and how he still loves kim etc, none of the shit like her slicin up her wrists if it wasnt for him rappin

If he hates the spotlight so bad he should read up on Pearl Jam. They came in strong with TEN and eventually sold 11 million domestic (more than Em has ever done), then they didn't like the stardom and attention they got so they decided to release a black album with VS and even though the album had no real singles or videos it still managed to sell 7 million to date. It didn't phase them though they just kept up with the low profile stuff and released Vitalogy which ended up selling 4 million. By the time No Code and Yield came out Pearl Jam managed to keep only devout fans and barely went platinum. They can still make more money than most artists by touring for these devoted fans and all they have to focus on is there art. Because they are artists.

Eminem has done little to show me he's an artist. He's definately talented but he's way more a businessman than an artist. Even his artistic songs he's selling himself; "look at me I'm tortured", "my wife's a slut", "my daughters an iportant part of my life, I'm a good father", "my fans are too crazy", "buy my album". Fucking guy wants to show he's an artist then he's got to start rapping artistically. He could very easily finish up his deal (unless the guy signed something stupid like a 10 album deal), and release stripped down albums with no videos and no released singles and you'd be surprised how fast the guy fades away. Sure he'll have 90% of the fans that bought MMLP saying "what happened to Eminem? He sucks now." but the rest of his fans, the 10%, and his music will be much better off.

The Watcher

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2005, 08:46:13 PM »
^ check up on mellowman's post, he said a few times that interscope won't let him release an album with the non poppy singles and he hates it, which is why he did Encore the way it was.. they wanted poppy/trash singles and he gave them an album full of them
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2005, 08:49:39 PM »
yeah what this man said, hes not his own boss, he still has to do what they tell him, and i dont think he completely hates stardom i think hes torn between the pros and cons like most things in life. All we hear is him complaining cause no one wants to hear how big his house and how hes got more money then jigga man.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2005, 09:12:36 PM »
^ check up on mellowman's post, he said a few times that interscope won't let him release an album with the non poppy singles and he hates it, which is why he did Encore the way it was.. they wanted poppy/trash singles and he gave them an album full of them

That's why I said he should just finish up as many albums left he has on the contract and then leave.

DopeDeala

• 'G'
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2005, 01:33:33 AM »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2005, 12:47:29 PM »

That's why I said he should just finish up as many albums left he has on the contract and then leave.

hell yea. that would be fuckin tight. and from then on make tight ass music, releasing black albums, for the adult fans. Im dreamin tho
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2005, 03:45:47 PM »
^ yea u are.

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2005, 05:46:49 PM »
Eminem has done little to show me he's an artist. He's definately talented but he's way more a businessman than an artist. Even his artistic songs he's selling himself; "look at me I'm tortured", "my wife's a slut", "my daughters an iportant part of my life, I'm a good father", "my fans are too crazy", "buy my album". Fucking guy wants to show he's an artist then he's got to start rapping artistically.

Excellent points.

reeyotch

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2005, 06:06:59 PM »
same ol hailie shit.  i wish i could here some new updated slim shady ep shit
Tupac's on the milkbox missin'

Don Breezio

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2005, 06:21:46 PM »
^^^and that just proved my point

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2005, 06:28:24 PM »
^ lmao, that it did.

Don Breezio

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2005, 06:52:30 PM »
it amazes me how people still talk about slim shady this and slim shady that...face it people eminem hasn't been slim shady in 5 years....get over it!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2005, 05:13:52 AM »
it amazes me how people still talk about slim shady this and slim shady that...face it people eminem hasn't been slim shady in 5 years....get over it!

people still talk about the westcoast vets like they were alive and kicking so what's the problem
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mygla

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2005, 08:59:26 AM »
i like this track... the beat's fucking tight to me!