Author Topic: Kevin Trudeau...Full Of Shit?  (Read 322 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Kevin Trudeau...Full Of Shit?
« on: October 27, 2005, 10:01:34 AM »
I saw his book "Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About" at Costco two weeks ago for $15. I figured that was a steal for a hard cover, so I bought it. I finally finished it today. I have to say, if half the things he wrote are true, that is some scary shit. Has anyone else read his book? I'm interested to know what others think about him and his practices.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Kevin Trudeau...Full Of Shit?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 11:34:50 AM »
The guy is just a huckster, he was a used car salesmen before. Has no clue what he's talking about.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 12:08:56 PM »
Where'd you hear that?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 12:25:05 PM »
Where'd you hear that?

I can't remember where I heard the used car salesmen, but I can spot a sheister a mile away. Plus I don't trust anyone named Trudeau. And I just looked up his name on the internet, looks like his infomercials have been banned in the US, they still air in Canada though.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/09/trudeaucoral.htm

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kal EL

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 12:27:03 PM »
I am slightly familiar with the man but VERY familiar with the truth. there are cures that exist for many of our modern ailments. and it is true that the FDA is more like a Federal Cartel than really concerned about U.S. health. Most of the medicines that are natural are not viewed as financially viable as helping you cope with the ailment. Find out the truth about Aids and you will not be far from the REAL story. Go in Peace.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 12:37:27 PM »
Where'd you hear that?

I can't remember where I heard the used car salesmen, but I can spot a sheister a mile away. Plus I don't trust anyone named Trudeau. And I just looked up his name on the internet, looks like his infomercials have been banned in the US, they still air in Canada though.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/09/trudeaucoral.htm

That press release was from last year and I just saw his informercial about 2 months ago. His book is basically bashing the FDA, the FTC, and the pharmecutical companies, and he says they are doing all they can to discredit him. Apparently he has made millions and has insider knowledge and secret research (he say it'll soon be public) about all the things he talks about.

Here's his websites talking about it.

http://www.kevinfightsback.com/
http://www.naturalcures.com/

From what I read, he seems legit and some of the stuff he talks about makes sense, but on a large scale like he emphisizes seems a little farfetched. But I figured I'd give some of the stuff he recommends a try. Hopefully it'll work. If it doesn't, I'm only out $40.

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 12:41:45 PM »
Man any book marketed towards fat people claiming to hold "secrets" about weight loss is bound to contain a lot of bullshit. It's all about sensationalism, and the number of sales that occur.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 01:20:19 PM »
The book isn't about weight loss though. For the first 5 chapters he talk about how the FTC, the FDA, and the drug companies don't want to cure any disease. They just want to mask the symptom with a patentable drug because natural cures can't be patented. Then finally on chapter 6, he outlines how to live life more healthy by detoxifying your body from the pesticides and the hormones farmers put in their crops and livestock. Then on chapter 10 or somewhere along those lines, he vaugly tells you how to get rid of ADHD/ADD, anxiety, diabeties, and MS. He goes into the weight loss thing a little bit, but the book is mainly about living healty. For example, he said something about some marathon runner who was in great physical condition but dropped dead of a heart attack because he was unhealthy. But you can be healthy and still be slightly overweight.

Don't think I'm being fanatical about this though. I'm typing this while smoking a cigarette and I just ate 4 slices of bacon.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 03:42:07 PM »
I'm typing this while smoking a cigarette and I just ate 4 slices of bacon.
mmm... bacon.

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 04:12:35 PM »
I'm typing this while smoking a cigarette and I just ate 4 slices of bacon.

awesome...i just smoked some weed and ate a greasy burger.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 04:15:22 PM »
After getting suckered into buying the "Natural Cures" book I thought Kevin Trudeu was a fraud.  He used all this bold faced type and went into long diatribe's that had no benefit to make the little useful info he had into a full book.  All his best stuff you can get just from watching the infomercial.

But then I read his "Mega Memory" book, and that book is excellent!  No doubt, he pulled some schemes in that one two, like this "Memory Institute" he claims to be a part of (that doesn't even exist) and claiming to be the foremost authority on memory (lol).  But astonishingly, the book actually has some substance.  I saw it at Barnes and Noble and it's the best book for increasing one's memory I have ever seen at a bookstore.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 06:42:07 AM »
I don't care what anyone says, this dude is tight.  He's kind of like the Master P of self-improvement.  He doesn't have the connections to get things done the old fashioned way, but he gets it done regardless, and he actually has some substance.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)