Author Topic: West Coast rappers you dislike  (Read 1134 times)

southwest602

• Lil Geezy
Re: West Coast rappers you dislike
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2005, 12:19:31 AM »
there is alot of west coast kats id like to straight jaw nigga. spider loc right now, would be at the top of my list. ice cube would have to get slapped around for "are we there yet?". i like some of suga free's shit. but now that i think about it, he is so so. like two or three songs on a suga album are tight as fuck, some just to listen to when you played every other cd out in your collection, and the majority of his shit wack as fuck. if he had better beats than maybe. E40, could never crack that dude. too much respect for 40 nigga. his style is a little strange, but it sounds tight to me nigga, unique as fuck. while every other rapper sounds exactly the same, 40 comes unique wit his shit. plus that nigga thinks wit his grip. how many stores/resturants/etc. that nigga own?

Paul

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2005, 04:15:29 AM »
i really hate spider for obvious reasons

i dont really like game, hes overrated and sounds kinda borin 2 me

i know this isnt westcoast but i thought i should mention how much i hate kanye west
funkyfreshintheflesh

Elevz

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2005, 10:45:04 AM »
I feel like most westcoast rappers are heavily overrated on dubcc (but what did you expect, its a westcoast fanbase). Yet the only one I really dislike is Suga Free. I really don't get why he gets so much love, he's a horrible rapper.
then stay the fuck outta the West Coast section fag
Freedom of speech, anyone? I can come here if I want to. I'm not hating on the whole coast, only saying these rappers really ain't as great as some of y'all make them out to be. That doesn't mean I'm hating on the whole fucking coast, hell no.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2005, 10:49:01 AM »
e-40 never really a fan...Hes a Legend, but he annoying as fuck

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2005, 12:26:59 PM »
There's no one on the west that I consider to be a rapper (which is why Spider Loc is excluded) that makes me wanna punch them or that I hate that much. Some dudes I feel more than others.

I am getting weary of Snoop's whole "crip crip crip c-walk blah blah blah" every other second even though he lives in a mansion in Diamond Bar. It just rubs me the wrong way for some reason, more so than any Justin Timberlake collabo would. In fact this whole 30 something year old rapper gangbanging all over their album when they live in Rancho Santa Margarita or something like that just gets tired, especially when kids hear it.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Elevz

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2005, 02:32:51 PM »
There's no one on the west that I consider to be a rapper (which is why Spider Loc is excluded) that makes me wanna punch them or that I hate that much. Some dudes I feel more than others.

I am getting weary of Snoop's whole "crip crip crip c-walk blah blah blah" every other second even though he lives in a mansion in Diamond Bar. It just rubs me the wrong way for some reason, more so than any Justin Timberlake collabo would. In fact this whole 30 something year old rapper gangbanging all over their album when they live in Rancho Santa Margarita or something like that just gets tired, especially when kids hear it.

Fair point, but then again, a rapper like Snoop really depends on his image to sell records. He can't go rapping about how he lives in a beautiful neighborhood in a triple extra large crib with diamonds on the doorbell. He might make one song and it would sell, but it just isn't something the public wants to hear. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - that's what Snoop must be thinking. His formula rapping about being a crip & being a pimp obviously still works for the masses, it just doesn't please the real fans. Does it matter to him? He's making more money than ever.

I'll cosign with you on the whole thing being not right, but from Snoop's point of view, it works and that's all he needs.

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2005, 04:24:52 PM »
e-40 never really a fan...Hes a Legend, but he annoying as fuck

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2005, 04:33:07 PM »

Fair point, but then again, a rapper like Snoop really depends on his image to sell records. He can't go rapping about how he lives in a beautiful neighborhood in a triple extra large crib with diamonds on the doorbell. He might make one song and it would sell, but it just isn't something the public wants to hear. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - that's what Snoop must be thinking. His formula rapping about being a crip & being a pimp obviously still works for the masses, it just doesn't please the real fans. Does it matter to him? He's making more money than ever.

I'll cosign with you on the whole thing being not right, but from Snoop's point of view, it works and that's all he needs.

I see what you're saying but it looks silly. You don't see DJ Quik yelling blood blood tree top piru drive by red rag every other line. You don't see Nas pretending to be a Columbian drug lord anymore. I guess if it makes money...

It still doesn't sit right with me.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

j.u.y.i.7

• Lil Geezy
  • ^^^she's so so so fine^^^
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2005, 10:13:57 PM »
m-wack 10 ;D can't stand that fucker

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2005, 10:41:09 PM »
Caz.  Just can't stomach him at all.  I can't think of anyone else I haven't at least liked on one song.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2005, 11:17:09 PM »
ive never liked suga free

Elevz

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2005, 03:59:34 AM »

I see what you're saying but it looks silly. You don't see DJ Quik yelling blood blood tree top piru drive by red rag every other line. You don't see Nas pretending to be a Columbian drug lord anymore. I guess if it makes money...

It still doesn't sit right with me.

Quik doesn't... Because Quik never really blew up with that image. Snoop did blow up with it when he was young. There's no point for Quik in doing something that he never blew up with, when the modern trend is to be conscious. Guess what? Quik is going anti-gangbanging in his music nowadays. It's never been a successformula for him anyway.

Speaking of Nas, that's a whole different story. The whole Firm album was a concept; it's not like all members were claiming to be drug lords or anything... It was just a role they were playing in the cinematic album. Outside of that, Nas never claimed to be dealing drugs or anything remotely gangsta.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2005, 05:46:16 AM »
Nas is my third favorite rapper of all time, but it was definitely acting like a columbian druglord or gangster on It Was Written. Nothing particularly wrong with that since gangsta rap was ruling, but just saying so.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2005, 06:30:19 PM »
Nas is my third favorite rapper of all time, but it was definitely acting like a columbian druglord or gangster on It Was Written. Nothing particularly wrong with that since gangsta rap was ruling, but just saying so.

Exactly. Nas came into the game dropping gangsta shit from day one "got the tech on my dresser" then he escalated it on It was written with the Escobar persona Nas grew up. He dropped "Death of Escobar" where he basically admitted to making up the whole drug dealing persona and after that he became concious and dropped Stillmatic. DJ Quik dropped Is you a gangsta which is basically Quik growing up. He hasn't gangsta rapped since '96. Nas is not in Queensbridge slanging rocks on the corner any more. Quik is not gangbanging in Compton no more. Snoop is not in Eastside Long Beach gangbanging yet he still promotes it likes it's something cool to be. That's the issue I have with what Snoop's doing.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2005, 01:44:59 PM »
West coast rappers I dislike are

Spider Loc
The Federation
The Game
Suga Free
RBX
Soopafly