Author Topic: Anyone looking forward to the Dangermouse & Cee-Lo album  (Read 138 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Anyone looking forward to the Dangermouse & Cee-Lo album
« on: November 08, 2005, 10:33:57 AM »
That tracks "Gnarls Barkley" (which I believe is also the name of the group), is amazing, been bumping it non-stop since I first heard it, everyone together now, "I think I'm craaaaazzzzzzyy"

Anyone know a release date or anything for the album?

$do11a biLL$

Re: Anyone looking forward to the Dangermouse & Cee-Lo album
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 11:43:14 AM »
i don't know when its coming out but when it does im definetly copping it.. Cee-Lo is definetly one of my top ten favorite rappers hes pretty underrated

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 05:28:39 PM »
That tracks "Gnarls Barkley" (which I believe is also the name of the group), is amazing, been bumping it non-stop since I first heard it, everyone together now, "I think I'm craaaaazzzzzzyy"

Anyone know a release date or anything for the album?

I'm a damn fool cuz i ain't heard shit about it.  But i'm def gonna pick up anything with cee-lo's name written on it. Whats the deal with this?

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 07:12:14 PM »
Cee-Lo let me down last album.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Throwback

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 03:52:53 AM »
hell yes.

Sun|Rah

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 06:16:40 AM »
Cee-Lo Speaks On Collabo Album With DJ Danger Mouse
Thursday - April 28, 2005
By: Shaun “Scheme” Redwood

Cee-Lo, who is a founding member of the groundbreaking southern act Goodie Mob, and DJ Danger Mouse, best known for his innovative work on The Grey Album, have announced that they are wrapping up a collaborative album titled Gnarls Barkley.

Marking his third album release to date -- previous efforts being Cee-Lo Green & His Perfect Imperfections and his sophomore album Cee-Lo Green is...The Soul Machine -- Cee-Lo believes that his newest collabo album with Danger Mouse was a "perfect combination."

"We are the perfect combination," said Cee-Lo. "This album is one of the best platforms for me to express all of me. I get to expand my range and hit all categories from Urban, Crossover, Pop, and Rock & Roll."

DJ Danger Mouse, whose work on The Grey Album blended instrumentals from The Beatles' White Album with vocal tracks from Jay-Z's Black Album, has received several honors. These marks of distinction include being named "Eccentric Genius of the Year" by Spin Magazine, Album of the Year by Entertainment Weekly and being chosen as one of GQ's Men of the Year alongside hip-hop luminary Kanye West.

DJ Danger Mouse has been working steadily ever since, recently producing the new album by the Gorillaz in addition to his forthcoming effort with Cee-Lo.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 04:44:01 PM »
Cee-Lo let me down last album.

I feel you on that, but he's still doper than most cats doin it today.  He can actually sing, and he can actually rap, he can actually produce.  He's creative as hell.  I think the biggest problem with his last album is that he was gettin major label pressure to release something with some pop appeal.  His first album is classic.  I think this shit he drops with DM could be interesting.

Just noticed that the article is from 4/25/05 - is this shit still planned on coming out? 

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 05:49:31 PM »
Word. Perfect Imperfections was a great album. The collab with Dangermouse sounds really weird. I'll give it a listen tho.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE