Author Topic: Something interesting to think about  (Read 678 times)

Trauma-san

Something interesting to think about
« on: November 08, 2005, 09:07:47 PM »
In California, it's state law that if a 17 year old girl has a headache in class, the school nurse has to have permission, or contact her parents before she gives her an aspirin.

If the same 17 year old girl wants to have an abortion, though, she's allowed to do that without her parents knowing about it. 

J Bananas

Re: Something interesting to think about
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 09:12:56 PM »
c'mon man, quit sensationalizing things. not all schools are like that, u gotta give people some credit for using common sense.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 09:26:17 PM »
There shouldnt be a law telling families how to run their household.  Some teenage girls will avoid telling their parents and do abortions illegaly.  If you want to compare abortion to taking a pain killer then we can also compare it to underage kids getting tats.  They also need parental notification, some just avoid it and do it illegaly. 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 09:47:42 PM »
I guess we know where you stand on prop. 73.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 10:17:23 PM »
I still don't know what to think about this which is one of the reasons why I didn't vote today. i mean, if the girl is mature enough to make the decision to have sex, then she should have the right to choose whether she wants an abortion. Then again, I know that when I get older and possibly have a daughter, I would want full notification of what is going on in order to protect her and her well being.

It's a tough call. Too tough for me to make a decide.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 11:18:05 PM »
but on the real, if abortion laws get tighter i got a wire clothes hanger and a clean bathroom, 75 dollars a pop bitches!

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 12:08:12 AM »
I've already done a few for food stamps.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 06:28:49 AM »
Trauma is right again imo.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 06:57:24 AM »
c'mon man, quit sensationalizing things. not all schools are like that, u gotta give people some credit for using common sense.

It's state law.  All schools are like that. 

coola

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 04:50:37 AM »
I still don't know what to think about this which is one of the reasons why I didn't vote today. i mean, if the girl is mature enough to make the decision to have sex, then she should have the right to choose whether she wants an abortion. Then again, I know that when I get older and possibly have a daughter, I would want full notification of what is going on in order to protect her and her well being.

It's a tough call. Too tough for me to make a decide.

no kidding  ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 06:16:36 AM »
we've had a similar situation over here.. teachers are scared to do shit.. and kids have become unruly.. so they're (hopefully) changing the law to give teachers more power.. basically to  give them much more power over the kids while they're at school.. including allowing things like medical treatment, physical restraint etc etc

UAK

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 07:43:11 AM »
In California, it's state law that if a 17 year old girl has a headache in class, the school nurse has to have permission, or contact her parents before she gives her an aspirin.

If the same 17 year old girl wants to have an abortion, though, she's allowed to do that without her parents knowing about it. 

Isn't California great  :D

Looks like the parent is responsible for 17 year old and the 17 year old is responsible for the baby.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 07:47:00 AM by IT'S ME K A I N »

Birch Barlow

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 09:18:19 AM »
You wanna know why this is? Because this state is under the stranglehold of a few tie-dyed tree-huggers who would rather play hackeysack than lock up the homeless.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 11:36:36 AM »
If this prop would have passed, it would have also redefine the term abortion. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 06:19:00 AM »

This is #1 tool available for neo-conservatives to energize their base (their base being zionist-Christians).  This issue and the issue of homosexuality were used as a gigantic smokescreen in the last election that covered up Bush's war crimes abroad, his lies to the American public, and his domestic policy that blatantly favours the rich.  But even poor Christians forgot about all of that because he made them think about two issues, gays and abortions. 

Funny thing is, not much would have changed in either of those categories had Bush lost the election.  And I didn't vote for George Bush or John Kerry, all I'm pointing out is that Christians don't see the hypocrisy in killing babies in Afganistan and Iraq, and then talking about being pro-life at home.  I was raised a Christian but I never could accept it because the hypocrisy is overwhelming.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)