Author Topic: Tony Blair Defeated Over New Terror Laws  (Read 233 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Tony Blair Defeated Over New Terror Laws
« on: November 09, 2005, 09:42:49 AM »
Blair defeated over terror laws 

Prime Minister Tony Blair has lost the key House of Commons vote on plans to allow police to hold terror suspects without charge for up to 90 days.
MPs rejected the plans by 322 votes to 291 - a bigger than expected majority of 31. It is Mr Blair's first defeat since Labour came to power in 1997.

The defeat will be seen as a blow to the authority of Mr Blair, who said MPs had a "duty" to support the police.

MPs later backed a compromise detention time limit of 28 days.

damn and i thought i might actually go thru its a shame because the labour rebels, lib dems and conservatives have put the country at risk not giving the police the powers they need, especially as we are not alowed to exclude dangerous people due to human rights legislation....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 09:44:33 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tony Blair Defeated Over New Terror Laws
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 11:04:33 AM »
I'm pretty glad that the law wasn't pased.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 12:41:08 PM »
why?

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 02:35:03 PM »
What the hell is the matter with England?

You can't even protect yourselves against terrorists now? What bullshit.

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 02:44:08 PM »
how would u feel if u were snatched off the street and held for 90 days without being charged for a muthafuckin thing, havin Limeys hit u in the face with books and stuff cuz you're a suspect. there's a reason it didn't pass.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 03:05:06 PM »
its not like it would've affected many people at all, and at the end of the day if it makes us safer its a price worth paying....

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 03:15:21 PM »
how would u feel if u were snatched off the street and held for 90 days without being charged for a muthafuckin thing, havin Limeys hit u in the face with books and stuff cuz you're a suspect. there's a reason it didn't pass.

How would you like to be blown to bits by a bomb while riding the subway?

J Bananas

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 04:00:33 PM »
how would you like it if you were killed in a car crash? shit happens, it doesn't mean we opress humans to lower the risk of danger, that's not the way the world works. I think you would have been happier in Germany in the 40's when Adolf made everything safe for his people by killing off the jews and gypsies, you seem like you'd fit in there.

Eihtball

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 04:47:08 PM »
How would you like to be blown to bits by a bomb while riding the subway?

Since you're a conservative, let me ask you this: How do you feel about guns, then?  If conservatives are so worried about security, why don't they take gun control more seriously?  Aside from the fact that they think AK-47s' and AR-15s' are just too "cool" to ban?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 04:54:25 PM »
LMAO!!! how would i like it if i was killed in a car crash?? if i'm dead i don't have the ability to like or dislike things!!

at the end of the day police need the resources to pick up suspected terrorists at the earliest opportunity to keep the public safe and it could take up to 90 days for them to gather evidence to charge them, because of the need to crack things like encrypted data so why shud they be denied those powers? we shud be trying to stop terrorists before they commit any atoscities not after they done their deeds, this defeat will mean the police may put off bringing people in because they don't have a good enough case to charge them, if a misjudgement is made in how close they are to commiting an attack then a bunch of innocent ppl end up dead! i care about the rights of the general public much more than i do of potential terrorists and if the police get it wrong so be it, its just one of those things.... we need to keep our country safe, getting it wrong by holding someone for 90 days won't of ended anyones life, but by not preventing a terrorist for commiting atroscities will end many lives. also 75% of the public were in favour of the 90 day detention plans, but the MPs elected to represent the public have failed us on this issue.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 05:02:11 PM »
If the police have reason to believe that a persons a terror suspect wouldnt that in itself be good to enough to legally pursue that person. I mean can some one explain this "evidence" which suitable to identify a suspect but not good to enough to base a pursuit of the suspect on? What the hell to do u need Facists civil rights abuses in order to better protect ya self.

Damn, fuckin 19 Arab fuckers has systematically transformed and restructured western society.

Pathetic. Imagine when shit really pops off.

Westerners = Soft Like Butta

PS: Don Nizzle  you are the most confused mofo on this board, bar none.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 05:09:22 PM »
in this country u need concrete evidence to convict people in courts otherside they walk free, police may have reason to believe people are planning things but they need time to prove that without doubt, time which is in short supply when people are planning on killing others without warning, atleast the IRA would tip us off before the bombs went off islamist terrorists do not....

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 06:04:46 PM »
God damn man. You dont arrest people just to turn around and immediately convict them. You arrest when u have suspician of a crime.
You pursure a suspect, hold em till trial then u judge them.

If u have a reason to believe someone is a terrorist, then that reason should be sufficient enought for you to have the legalistic options to pursue them. Why the hell do u need the right to detain some one indefinitely?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 11:53:02 PM »

We (Australia) have just passed laws of a similar nature but aren't as stringent and perhaps more realistic. The new laws, which also allowed the 17 terror suspects to be arrested, allow for a person to be held without charge for 14days.

In the case of Britan it sounds as though a lot of those MP's weren't casting a conscience vote, but were voting with their career in mind. Seeing Blair go down on this agenda would have made a lot of those MP's cross the floor.

However 90 days does sound far too extreme, not because i care about the rights of terrorist but for those innocent people that will become mixed up and fall trapped in with the laws.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 01:25:53 AM »
^^ the difference between britain and australia is we have to abide by the eu human rights legislation which basically means we are not allowed to deport people if they are going to be tortured which translates to we pretty much aren't allowed to deport any islamist terrorist! australia can just kick who the fuck they like out of their country.

tech 90 days is not indefinite, and it wouldn't always be 90 days its up to 90days incase it takes that long to gather enough evidence to secure a conviction.