Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278907 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #1725 on: June 26, 2006, 02:51:35 PM »
You Laker fans think Odom is WAYYY better than he really is.  He's just another top 40-50 player in the league, I meen he's nice but LMFAO at NIK saying he will only trade Odom if he gets Kg talent in return LMAO Good luck!  Odom is to streaky some nights I watch the Lakers and I forget he is even playing. He is a good player I meen 14.8ppg and 9.2 rpg is very nice but again he is just a top 45-50 player in the league so I understand why you Laker fans like him but he's not as great as you all think.  But I understand it's just being biased I meen I remember that thread I started for best players at every position and NIK actually had Odom above Artest, Ak47 and Marion hahaha, gotta love Laker fans!

LMAO. You are an idiot. Indiana was DYING to trade Artest for Odom, Lakers rejected that one, they weren't trading Odom...You are ridiculous, you don't know shit about basketball, top 45-50? LMFAO. Lamar Odom is an excellent all around player who will fill in that stat sheet all the way through and is extremely skilled at both ends of the court. A very rare kind of talent, you are fucking insane. Odom is easily one of the best players in the league the way he was playing the second half of the season. Odom MANHANDLED Marion in the playoffs...He can play as a play-maker (led the Lakers in assists) or attack you as a slasher from the wing...Or he can play the 4 spot tremendously as well (where Phil Jackson feels he is best suited) and beat you with a post up game on the offensive end AS WELL AS lead your team in rebounds...All while shooting a MUCH higher percent than Artest from the field, free throw line, AND from beyond the arc...Odom is definitely "one of the best players in the league" (in the words of Pat Riley and many others)...PeACe

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #1726 on: June 26, 2006, 03:10:41 PM »
You Laker fans think Odom is WAYYY better than he really is.  He's just another top 40-50 player in the league, I meen he's nice but LMFAO at NIK saying he will only trade Odom if he gets Kg talent in return LMAO Good luck!  Odom is to streaky some nights I watch the Lakers and I forget he is even playing. He is a good player I meen 14.8ppg and 9.2 rpg is very nice but again he is just a top 45-50 player in the league so I understand why you Laker fans like him but he's not as great as you all think.  But I understand it's just being biased I meen I remember that thread I started for best players at every position and NIK actually had Odom above Artest, Ak47 and Marion hahaha, gotta love Laker fans!

LMAO. You are an idiot. Indiana was DYING to trade Artest for Odom, Lakers rejected that one, they weren't trading Odom...You are ridiculous, you don't know shit about basketball, top 45-50? LMFAO. Lamar Odom is an excellent all around player who will fill in that stat sheet all the way through and is extremely skilled at both ends of the court. A very rare kind of talent, you are fucking insane. Odom is easily one of the best players in the league the way he was playing the second half of the season. Odom MANHANDLED Marion in the playoffs...He can play as a play-maker (led the Lakers in assists) or attack you as a slasher from the wing...Or he can play the 4 spot tremendously as well (where Phil Jackson feels he is best suited) and beat you with a post up game on the offensive end AS WELL AS lead your team in rebounds...All while shooting a MUCH higher percent than Artest from the field, free throw line, AND from beyond the arc...Odom is definitely "one of the best players in the league" (in the words of Pat Riley and many others)...PeACe

What the fuck?? I dont know basketball? You just said Odom is one of the best players in the Nba LMFAO! So let me get this straight Artest is the best perimeter defender in the league and he scores 4-5 more points per game than Odom but Lamar is better than Ronnie?? Yeah ok and yes Indiana talked about Odom but we wanted Peja more who by the way is another player just as good as Odom.  And Odom better than Marion Fuck your stupid! Marion averages 21pg with 11rpg but you think Odom is better, fuck your biased, there are credible people who think Marion is a top ten player in the league, Odom's not in his league.  And I remember 2 years ago in Wade's rookie season when Indy defeated Miami in the 2nd round of the playoffs Artest shitted all over Odom it wasnt even close.  Dude your so biased It makes sick to say Odom is one the best player in the league is just ridicolous you are way to biased. 

Players in Pacific Division better than Odom (This is just 1 division lol)

Bibby
Kobe
Artest
Brand
J. Richardson
Amare
Nash
Marion
Maggette
 LMAO thats 9 players in his division that are better but yeah he is really a top player in the league, Damn your so biased Nik
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 03:12:29 PM by Spicemuthafuckin1 »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #1727 on: June 26, 2006, 03:53:01 PM »

who exactly was this directed at besisdes nik? im a lakers fan but im not happy with lamar odom's performance this season at all. im still pissed that he blew that game against the kings (up by 4 with 20 seconds and he decides to take a layup...and missed it, which led to bibby knockin down a 3).

side note: if anyone can honestly say that odom is better than kirilenko - they should die. that would be a dream come true if the lakers could steal him from utah.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #1728 on: June 26, 2006, 03:55:47 PM »
Indiana was DYING to trade Artest for Odom, Lakers rejected that one, they weren't trading Odom...

indiana was just sick of artest. he wasn't playing so that was a waiste of talent, they just wanted him gone period. kobe said it himself that he wanted artest, but the trade never went through.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 03:57:59 PM by Baby G »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1729 on: June 26, 2006, 04:14:06 PM »

What the fuck?? I dont know basketball? You just said Odom is one of the best players in the Nba LMFAO! So let me get this straight Artest is the best perimeter defender in the league and he scores 4-5 more points per game than Odom but Lamar is better than Ronnie?? Yeah ok and yes Indiana talked about Odom but we wanted Peja more who by the way is another player just as good as Odom.  And Odom better than Marion Fuck your stupid! Marion averages 21pg with 11rpg but you think Odom is better, fuck your biased, there are credible people who think Marion is a top ten player in the league, Odom's not in his league.  And I remember 2 years ago in Wade's rookie season when Indy defeated Miami in the 2nd round of the playoffs Artest shitted all over Odom it wasnt even close.  Dude your so biased It makes sick to say Odom is one the best player in the league is just ridicolous you are way to biased. 

Dude, get over it, Odom is one of the best all-around talents, he will give you offense, defense, rebounds, assists, outside game, inside game, play-making game...Any coach will tell you this, his only flaws are confidence and consistancy...he got over that slump (discluding the disaster in game 7) after the all-star break...He did everything right, played his role to perfection, when the Lakers beat the Heat this year, Pat Riley said "they got 2 of the best players in the league"...D'Antonio has said it, Kobe has said Odom is one of the best players, easily top 10 talent. Phil said it...Larry Brown LOVES Odom, called him one of the best... Odom actually LED the Olympic squad 2 years ago under him. Those are not "credible people"? Obviously, YOU don't know shit...Artest is a nightmare on offense, he jacks up a lot of shots, selfishly demands the ball and the offense through him, when he shoots an AWFUL percentage from the floor...Laker fans were begging that the Lakers stay with the unselfish player in Odom over Artest and his baggage. Lakers, Phil, and Kobe wanted Artest, but they weren't willing to give up Odom...Indiana insisted on Odom, they could have gotten Peja at any moment, but they wanted Odom, they pushed for it, this is KNOWN. Like I said, Odom shitted on Marion in the playoffs...Marion couldn't do shit, Odom OWNED him. Marion is averaging 21 points and 11 rebounds in a system that allows him to jack-up (ugly looking) shots and a system that has no bigs to grab boards...An Odom type player in that system would be putting up MVP numbers...Marion would be LOST in the triangle.

Re-did your list VVV

Bibby
Kobe
Artest
Brand
J. Richardson
Amare
Nash
Marion
Maggette
 LMAO thats 9 players in his division that are better but yeah he is really a top player in the league, Damn your so biased Nik

I am not biased...Many, MANY people respect Odom's all-around game and know he's a top talent in the league...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1730 on: June 26, 2006, 04:22:06 PM »

who exactly was this directed at besisdes nik? im a lakers fan but im not happy with lamar odom's performance this season at all. im still pissed that he blew that game against the kings (up by 4 with 20 seconds and he decides to take a layup...and missed it, which led to bibby knockin down a 3).

side note: if anyone can honestly say that odom is better than kirilenko - they should die. that would be a dream come true if the lakers could steal him from utah.

I think Kirilenko is good, but you are an idiot for making all these absurd comments all the time. "if anyone can honestly say that odom is better than kirilenko - they should die"...You can say that if someone compares Kobe Bryant and Rashas McCants. LeBron James and Bobby Simmons. Allen Iverson and Tyrone Lue...NOT Lamar Odom and Andrei Kirilenko. Kirilenko would be nice to have, yes, but I do not believe he is the player for our system...I LOVE his defense, but WOW, he's so inconsistant. about 3 times more inconsistant than Odom. Talk about a player who doesn't show up every night...Sorry, I much rather have Odom over Kirilenko any day of the weak, especially in our system... :-*

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1731 on: June 26, 2006, 04:24:39 PM »
Indiana was DYING to trade Artest for Odom, Lakers rejected that one, they weren't trading Odom...

indiana was just sick of artest. he wasn't playing so that was a waiste of talent, they just wanted him gone period. kobe said it himself that he wanted artest, but the trade never went through.

Yea, trade never went through because Lakers weren't giving up Odom for Artest...Lakers, Phil, and Kobe wanted Artest in LA, but they were not trading Odom for him. They came up with some other packages, and Indiana rejected...PeACe

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #1732 on: June 26, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »

Dude, get over it, Odom is one of the best all-around talents, he will give you offense, defense, rebounds, assists, outside game, inside game, play-making game...Any coach will tell you this, his only flaws are confidence and consistancy...he got over that slump (discluding the disaster in game 7) after the all-star break...He did everything right, played his role to perfection, when the Lakers beat the Heat this year, Pat Riley said "they got 2 of the best players in the league"...D'Antonio has said it, Kobe has said Odom is one of the best players, easily top 10 talent. Phil said it...Larry Brown LOVES Odom, called him one of the best... Odom actually LED the Olympic squad 2 years ago under him. Those are not "credible people"? Obviously, YOU don't know shit...Artest is a nightmare on offense, he jacks up a lot of shots, selfishly demands the ball and the offense through him, when he shoots an AWFUL percentage from the floor...Laker fans were begging that the Lakers stay with the unselfish player in Odom over Artest and his baggage. Lakers, Phil, and Kobe wanted Artest, but they weren't willing to give up Odom...Indiana insisted on Odom, they could have gotten Peja at any moment, but they wanted Odom, they pushed for it, this is KNOWN. Like I said, Odom shitted on Marion in the playoffs...Marion couldn't do shit, Odom OWNED him. Marion is averaging 21 points and 11 rebounds in a system that allows him to jack-up (ugly looking) shots and a system that has no bigs to grab boards...An Odom type player in that system would be putting up MVP numbers...Marion would be LOST in the triangle.

Re-did your list VVV

Bibby
Kobe
Artest
Brand
J. Richardson
Amare
Nash
Marion
Maggette

I am not biased...Many, MANY people respect Odom's all-around game and know he's a top talent in the league...PeACe

Dude your emtremely biased how is Artest a nightmare on offense? He doesnt have thebest shooting % but last time I checked he averaged 4 more points a game then Odom while being the best defender in the league so face it no matter how much you despise Ronnie he is significantly better than Odom.  You let your feelings get in the way of your opinions and thats why you are biased.  Also the way you discredit Marion's stats is amazing I love it dude is averaging 7 more points a game then Odom with 2 more rebounds a game and you say its because the system he's in. Dude the Lakers push the ball alot to not as much as the Suns obviousley but still alot.  Believe me I like Odom alot and he is a good all around player but hes not even close to being a top ten player what a fuckin joke.

And back to your list

Artest : Scores more than Odom, He is a former Defensive player in the league so seeing that hes a better scorer and a great defender he is easily better than Odom and their is nothing you can say to argue that.  Any GM would say Artest > Odom

Marion : Same position as Odom , lets compare stats Odom14ppg,9rpb Marion 21ppg,11rpg  With a gap that big in statistics its impossible to argue that Odom is better than Marion you are such a suns hater.  Any GM would say Marion > Odom

Nash : HAHAHAH Odom better than the player who has won back to back MVP's LMFAO.  You sound so stupid when you say Odom is better than Nash of my god your biased, Nash isnt a good defender but he is so valuable and great offensively its laughable to compare him to Odom.  Any GM would say Nash > Odom

Maggette: This matchup is a little closer but still not really that close, Cory is very athletic and does everything that Odom does, Maggete doesnt rebound like Odom but he also scores 8 more points a game so overall Maggette is better than Odom.

That meens Odom is the 9th best player in the Pacific division but you say that hes one of the best players i the league.hahah Read what I just said you just got owned! Any non biased NBA fan would take Artest > Odom, Nash > Odom, Marion > Odom! Face it Im right and your wrong and it's easy to see!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 04:36:48 PM by Spicemuthafuckin1 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1733 on: June 26, 2006, 04:57:27 PM »

Dude your emtremely biased how is Artest a nightmare on offense? He doesnt have thebest shooting % but last time I checked he averaged 4 more points a game then Odom while being the best defender in the league so face it no matter how much you despise Ronnie he is significantly better than Odom.  You let your feelings get in the way of your opinions and thats why you are biased.  Also the way you discredit Marion's stats is amazing I love it dude is averaging 7 more points a game then Odom with 2 more rebounds a game and you say its because the system he's in. Dude the Lakers push the ball alot to not as much as the Suns obviousley but still alot.  Believe me I like Odom alot and he is a good all around player but hes not even close to being a top ten player what a fuckin joke.

You're not using your brain, man...Did you ever take into account that Odom palys the role of the PLAYMAKER on the Lakers. He is not a primary scorer, which is why those players average more points, genius. They take A LOT more shots! And they don't even average that much more...And how is Artest a nightmare on offense? I'll tell you how. He shot 38% from the field! That's HORRIBLE. 30% from 3 point range...He still managed to shoot 630 field goals and 200 threes in 40 games for the Kings as a DEFESNIVE stopper...He thinks he's special on offense when he's not, and that pisses off the other players and coaching staff...I've seen him single-handedly ruin the offensive flow of games this year...Odom is better than Artest, sorry, it is a very valid opinion... I bet you that more GM's would take Odom over Artest, even with Odom's much larger contract...Odom is mentally and all-around statistically better as well...

And back to your list

Artest : Scores more than Odom, He is a former Defensive player in the league so seeing that hes a better scorer and a great defender he is easily better than Odom and their is nothing you can say to argue that.  Any GM would say Artest > Odom

See ^^^

Marion : Same position as Odom , lets compare stats Odom14ppg,9rpb Marion 21ppg,11rpg  With a gap that big in statistics its impossible to argue that Odom is better than Marion you are such a suns hater.  Any GM would say Marion > Odom

See ^^^

Nash : HAHAHAH Odom better than the player who has won back to back MVP's LMFAO.  You sound so stupid when you say Odom is better than Nash of my god your biased, Nash isnt a good defender but he is so valuable and great offensively its laughable to compare him to Odom.  Any GM would say Nash > Odom

Nash is better on offense, Odom plays both ends of the court...Nash is overrated, definitely not 2 time MVP material.

Maggette: This matchup is a little closer but still not really that close, Cory is very athletic and does everything that Odom does, Maggete doesnt rebound like Odom but he also scores 8 more points a game so overall Maggette is better than Odom.

Again, Odom is not a primary scorer while Maggette is...While I think Maggette is an excellent player, his defense needs major improvement to surpass Odom and he doesn't fill up a stat sheet like Odom can.

That meens Odom is the 9th best player in the Pacific division but you say that hes one of the best players i the league.hahah Read what I just said you just got owned! Any non biased NBA fan would take Artest > Odom, Nash > Odom, Marion > Odom! Face it Im right and your wrong and it's easy to see!

Your points are all stupid and get shut down...I posted up "credible people" who all said Odom was one of the best players in the league. You just babble on about nothing...I clearly win. :-*

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #1734 on: June 26, 2006, 04:57:42 PM »

Dude your emtremely biased how is Artest a nightmare on offense? He doesnt have thebest shooting % but last time I checked he averaged 4 more points a game then Odom while being the best defender in the league so face it no matter how much you despise Ronnie he is significantly better than Odom.  You let your feelings get in the way of your opinions and thats why you are biased.  Also the way you discredit Marion's stats is amazing I love it dude is averaging 7 more points a game then Odom with 2 more rebounds a game and you say its because the system he's in. Dude the Lakers push the ball alot to not as much as the Suns obviousley but still alot.  Believe me I like Odom alot and he is a good all around player but hes not even close to being a top ten player what a fuckin joke.

You're not using your brain, man...Did you ever take into account that Odom palys the role of the PLAYMAKER on the Lakers. He is not a primary scorer, which is why those players average more points, genius. They take A LOT more shots! And they don't even average that much more...And how is Artest a nightmare on offense? I'll tell you how. He shot 38% from the field! That's HORRIBLE. 30% from 3 point range...He still managed to shoot 630 field goals and 200 threes in 40 games for the Kings as a DEFESNIVE stopper...He thinks he's special on offense when he's not, and that pisses off the other players and coaching staff...I've seen him single-handedly ruin the offensive flow of games this year...Odom is better than Artest, sorry, it is a very valid opinion... I bet you that more GM's would take Odom over Artest, even with Odom's much larger contract...Odom is mentally and all-around statistically better as well...

And back to your list

Artest : Scores more than Odom, He is a former Defensive player in the league so seeing that hes a better scorer and a great defender he is easily better than Odom and their is nothing you can say to argue that.  Any GM would say Artest > Odom

See ^^^

Marion : Same position as Odom , lets compare stats Odom14ppg,9rpb Marion 21ppg,11rpg  With a gap that big in statistics its impossible to argue that Odom is better than Marion you are such a suns hater.  Any GM would say Marion > Odom[/quot]

See ^^^

Nash : HAHAHAH Odom better than the player who has won back to back MVP's LMFAO.  You sound so stupid when you say Odom is better than Nash of my god your biased, Nash isnt a good defender but he is so valuable and great offensively its laughable to compare him to Odom.  Any GM would say Nash > Odom

Nash is better on offense, Odom plays both ends of the court...Nash is overrated, definitely not 2 time MVP material.

Again, Odom is not a primary scorer while Maggette is...While I think Maggette is an excellent player, his defense needs major improvement to surpass Odom and he doesn't fill up a stat sheet like Odom can.

Your points are all stupid and get shut down...I posted up "credible people" who all said Odom was one of the best players in the league. You just babble on about nothing...I clearly win. :-*

Ok man if you say so! their is no point in debating with you as you just argue to argue.  Its not my opinions its a fact that Marion, Artest, and Nash are better than Odom its a FACT not a opinion.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1735 on: June 26, 2006, 04:59:24 PM »

And back to your list

See ^^^

Marion : Same position as Odom , lets compare stats Odom14ppg,9rpb Marion 21ppg,11rpg  With a gap that big in statistics its impossible to argue that Odom is better than Marion you are such a suns hater.  Any GM would say Marion > Odom[/quot]

See ^^^

Ok man if you say so! their is no point in debating with you as you just argue to argue.  Its not my opinions its a fact that Marion, Artest, and Nash are better than Odom its a FACT not a opinion.

It's a fact that you have no clue in your tiny little mind what the definition of a fact is...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #1736 on: June 26, 2006, 09:49:33 PM »

I think Kirilenko is good, but you are an idiot for making all these absurd comments all the time. "if anyone can honestly say that odom is better than kirilenko - they should die"...You can say that if someone compares Kobe Bryant and Rashas McCants. LeBron James and Bobby Simmons. Allen Iverson and Tyrone Lue...NOT Lamar Odom and Andrei Kirilenko. Kirilenko would be nice to have, yes, but I do not believe he is the player for our system...I LOVE his defense, but WOW, he's so inconsistant. about 3 times more inconsistant than Odom. Talk about a player who doesn't show up every night...Sorry, I much rather have Odom over Kirilenko any day of the weak, especially in our system... :-*

he averages 15 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assist, and 3 blocks a game. id take him for odom anyday.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #1737 on: June 26, 2006, 09:52:40 PM »

he averages 15 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assist, and 3 blocks a game. id take him for odom anyday.

Your not the only one, NIK is the only person alive who thinks Odom is better than AK47.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1738 on: June 27, 2006, 11:26:27 AM »

Your not the only one, NIK is the only person alive who thinks Odom is better than AK47.

Officially another retarded/baseless statement made by you. Go make a thread titled "Odom or Kirilenko" on Lakersground.net so that you can feel as stupid as your claim...

http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/archive/index.php/t-252.html

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1739 on: June 27, 2006, 11:34:11 AM »

What does that have to do with what I said? I just spoke of his inconsistancies, especially on offense. He can score 24 points in a game and then the next night he'll score 3 in the same amount of minutes. That's why he averages 15 a game...That's a horrible trait, I wouldn't get near that. Odom was enough of an inconsistancy, we don't need someone even more inconsistant than Odom was, trust me...So really, he's only a better defender. Odom still averages better rebounds and assists with a better percentage in every category...I'm sorry, Kirilenko would flop hard in our system. Stick with Odom...PeACe