Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 277981 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2005, 04:51:05 PM »
Is One of their NBA trophies going to play PF or C for the lakers?????? NO...

Exactly my thoughts, which of course means that it's the exact truth, and nice wording, props.

BTW: What happens when Brown gets a lot of touches was shown in the last game, LOL. 3-14 as a PF and then fouling out?! He's terrible. If it wasnt for him being the 1st pick and all that shit, there's no way he'd still have business in the NBA.

WTF? Are you retarded? Brown has competed with the likes of KG, Brand, Webber, Rasheed Wallace, Jermain O'Neal...LMAO@he wouldn't have business in the NBA and Medvadenko would. Are we forgetting an 11/8 season and signs of great potential, even this summer league and pre-season? Give the man a fucking chance, he was never given one in Washington, it's gunna take a lot more than 7 games for him to get it...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2005, 04:53:34 PM »
First of all personally I don't find it funny at all to diss a Clipper fan calling him a looser. Matter of fact the Clippers are overplaying the Lakers since the past season, so we should just accept it and give them props because it took forever but finally they have a pretty good team that looks pretty loaded. About Brown, yes, another horrible game from him. 3-14 with Gasol making a solid 20+10 dominating him. Now i'm waiting for Nik to repeat for the 300th time: he'll became a beast. Yeah, right.

LMAO...You are a funny one. Once again, signs of dimishing pride when the Lakers are in a slump. Removing the avatar of Smush and replacing it with the 1997 Lakers. That's not cool, Brown obviously hasn't been playing great, but he has played great and he has the ability to play great, so you need to stop being a fucking pessimist and wait a little more than 7 games to talk that shit...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2005, 04:54:50 PM »
although the lakers have a very impressive history, i hafta go with the boston celtics for the best franchise in NBA history.

the lakers do have a tremendous amount of hall of famers and have only missed the playoffs less than a handful of times, but the championships are what stick out most to me 16 > 14

This has been debated, but Lakers are far more consistant. What was it, 28 Finals appearances compared to 19?

point well made but a finals appearance doesn't mean nearly as much as takin home the golden basketball...nobody remembers 2nd place

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2005, 04:57:07 PM »
although the lakers have a very impressive history, i hafta go with the boston celtics for the best franchise in NBA history.

the lakers do have a tremendous amount of hall of famers and have only missed the playoffs less than a handful of times, but the championships are what stick out most to me 16 > 14

This has been debated, but Lakers are far more consistant. What was it, 28 Finals appearances compared to 19?

point well made but a finals appearance doesn't mean nearly as much as takin home the golden basketball...nobody remembers 2nd place

True, but Lakers have been good throughout their history and have been a much more celebrated and covered team. 2 more championships doesn't mean that much when you haven't been too consistant with your greatness. Lakers have had a lot more dynastys and greats than the Celtics have...

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2005, 05:01:35 PM »
i'd agree with the dynasty point but my eastcoast bias says boston, sorry if u don't agree..its not a big deal, i haven't gained anything meaningful from either franchise.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2005, 10:19:45 PM »
Nik, I hope you're right. I'm a little worried. I know it's only been 7 games but still...

I think Kwame will get it going by all star break hopefully. I'm still optimistic but yeah I'm a little worried, I can't lie. I still think the trade was a good idea, we needed a big man.

I knew the first 2 months would be difficult so have patience Laker fans, we'll turn it around.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »
Here's the thing..Lamar ain't pippen (i think we all knew that) he doesn't have that pippen speed and quickness,he can't run an offence ,he can't break down the defence,,he's a post player and that roll belongs to kobe..

So what the Lakers need to do is Trade Odom & a first round pick for Marbury (he's on the trading block) and then,tell me if you agree with this..

smush Parker could move to SG and he could be like are Bruce Bowen and Doug Christie where basscily he defends the other teams best perimeter player,,,he could that he's a solid defender..smush is not even a real PG,he's not going to get alot of assist,he's basically a spot up shooter and a slasher and a guy who will dunk on you ;D

and then move kobe to the SF spot

and marbury could be that quick guy to break down a defence and get alot of assist,and he's a better scorer then Lamar..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 11:32:08 PM by Lakers Run L.A & Dubcc.com Sports Section :) »

acbaylove

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2005, 11:30:36 PM »
Just wait until you start talking shit, because you never know, Chris Mihm has been showing great improvement. Andrew Bynum looks like a great presence out on the court already. Did you see how Pau Gasol was easily making shots, but as soon as Bynum steps in, he blocked his first shot with ease, then causes him to miss the next with his presence in the middle. Then he stuffs Shane Battier on the next attempt...He's gunna be something, I definitely see a bright future for this club... 8)

I like Chris Mihm: if he controls his foul troubles then he's a good C, expecially starting from the bench. And i do agree: Bynum looks very promising. I'm very happy with Mitch's selections in the draft.

acbaylove

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2005, 11:33:37 PM »
First of all personally I don't find it funny at all to diss a Clipper fan calling him a looser. Matter of fact the Clippers are overplaying the Lakers since the past season, so we should just accept it and give them props because it took forever but finally they have a pretty good team that looks pretty loaded. About Brown, yes, another horrible game from him. 3-14 with Gasol making a solid 20+10 dominating him. Now i'm waiting for Nik to repeat for the 300th time: he'll became a beast. Yeah, right.

LMAO...You are a funny one. Once again, signs of dimishing pride when the Lakers are in a slump. Removing the avatar of Smush and replacing it with the 1997 Lakers. That's not cool, Brown obviously hasn't been playing great, but he has played great and he has the ability to play great, so you need to stop being a fucking pessimist and wait a little more than 7 games to talk that shit...PeACe

Man, relax. It's a fucking avatar! I wanna change them often repping the best moments in Lakers history. This one was one of my fav ones ever: Eddie Jones used to be my hero, and Kobe was the new sensation. Showtime.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2005, 02:07:10 AM »
Is One of their NBA trophies going to play PF or C for the lakers?????? NO...

Exactly my thoughts, which of course means that it's the exact truth, and nice wording, props.

BTW: What happens when Brown gets a lot of touches was shown in the last game, LOL. 3-14 as a PF and then fouling out?! He's terrible. If it wasnt for him being the 1st pick and all that shit, there's no way he'd still have business in the NBA.

WTF? Are you retarded? Brown has competed with the likes of KG, Brand, Webber, Rasheed Wallace, Jermain O'Neal...LMAO@he wouldn't have business in the NBA and Medvadenko would. Are we forgetting an 11/8 season and signs of great potential, even this summer league and pre-season? Give the man a fucking chance, he was never given one in Washington, it's gunna take a lot more than 7 games for him to get it...PeACe

Medvedenko doesnt have business in the NBA. Nobody gives a fuck about him. He has a job, yeah, granted that. But he ain't runnin shit. And neither would Kwame Bust. At least Slava can knock down mid-range jumpers, K. Bust can't do anything. Really. What can he do? Seriously, what? He has no jumper, no post moves, doesn't get a lot of rebounds for his size, no awareness, he's completely lost, can't shoot free throws... As soon as I see him USING his supposed great potential, I'm the FIRST one to give him his props, BUT I refuse to treat him like a retard, patronizing him and giving him a chance and shit when it's his fuckin 5th NBA year, LOL.

Get the fuck outta here with potential this potential that. News flash: Humans in general have great potential, but MOST can't take great use of it. Kwame is one of them. Potential alone doesnt get you shit. Being a woman in an opressive islamic state, you won't achieve shit. Being a fuckin genius in some outback slum in Africa, you won't achieve shit. Being a talented fuck when you're still playing like a high school rookie in your 5th NBA year, you won't achieve shit. Potential and talent without execution doesnt give you shit in life.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2005, 06:28:15 AM »
Fuckin Antonio always deleting his shit. Scared of NIK talkin shit about Laker pride or what? I've caught you a couple of times during the last couple of days, never said much, but this shit has to stop man.
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2005, 06:32:49 AM »
Hey man, relax! I'm just trying something different, using new colours and shit. I'm at work, lol. I gotta find something to keep my mind busy. Anyway, this is the message i've deleted. I've just re-written it in a hopefully better english.

Jesus, please come back to planet Earth, Nik! We're talking about the NBA, L.A. Lakers, starting PF spot. Kwame might have all the potential of the world in your eyes, but he ain't worth a starting job in the Lakers. Matter of fact he wasn't even worth a starting job in the Wizards, and he didn't even make the playoffs roster, in the past season. He's too raw, and being so raw in the 5th year in the league means you have no real basketball IQ. You can't be serious comparing him to O'Neal and Horry, man. Shit even grandfather Malone was better than him. Even Odom playing out of position was better than him. Don't be surprised if in a pair of weeks Phil will move Brown to the bench and Odom to the PF spot again, with George entering the starting 5. A project? Ok, he might be a project. But he should get the same minutage of our other projects, like Bynum, Wafer, Vujacic, Green, etc.. And yes, that trade was fucking horrible. I don't want to discuss about it with you no more, at least since when Kwame will deserve to be even compared to Butler. He's just another Samaki Walker, man. But the fact he got drafted higher is completely fooling you. He cant rebound (5.5 rpg in career is fucking ridiculous! Even Odom can grab the double of his rebounds!), he have no post moves, he doesnt have a mid-range jumper, he can't pass the ball (Mihm is doubling him in assists. I said Chris Mihm! And you know how important it is to share the ball playing for the triangle system), he can't stay concentrated for more than 5 consecutive minutes, he's struggling defending against quick PF's (for every good first half against Garnett there are other 7 games where he struggled, man!), he has no fucking basketball IQ, and he looks totally lost on the court. That's the reality. You're still living in a dream, man. Wake up.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 06:41:49 AM by Antonio »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2005, 06:34:32 AM »
Don't be all self-conscious and shit over your English, it's not that bad at all. People calling your English out are just mad at you cause you said something that pissed them off.
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2005, 06:51:16 AM »
Hey Nik, you know Eric Pincus from Hoopsworld.com and from LakersGround.net, don't you? He's one of the most loved reporter about the Lakers, you should know him. You can't question his pride. This is what he wrote about Odom and Brown in his last article up at hoopsworld: "So far Odom doesn't seem capable of putting up enough points night in and night out to keep the defenses honest"; "Hopefully it's Brown's thumb injury that is making the ball squirt out of his hands. At this point, the Lakers aren't getting any more out of Brown than they got out of Samaki Walker". He compared him to Samaki too!! Please don't question his Laker pride too. He just wrote the fucking truth. Like i did.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2005, 11:47:47 AM »
Here's the thing..Lamar ain't pippen (i think we all knew that) he doesn't have that pippen speed and quickness,he can't run an offence ,he can't break down the defence,,he's a post player and that roll belongs to kobe..

So what the Lakers need to do is Trade Odom & a first round pick for Marbury (he's on the trading block) and then,tell me if you agree with this..

smush Parker could move to SG and he could be like are Bruce Bowen and Doug Christie where basscily he defends the other teams best perimeter player,,,he could that he's a solid defender..smush is not even a real PG,he's not going to get alot of assist,he's basically a spot up shooter and a slasher and a guy who will dunk on you ;D

and then move kobe to the SF spot

and marbury could be that quick guy to break down a defence and get alot of assist,and he's a better scorer then Lamar..

LMAO, WTF? Since when is Kobe a post player...LOLLLLL. Anyways, Lamar is the last of our problems. He's one of the few players who have been playing their role pretty well, especially 7 games in. First 4 games, Kobe goes crazy with Lamar handeling the ball and Kobe reading the offence from the wing. Last 3 games, Lakers collapsed, the offense was virtually non-existant, Kobe went back to handeling the ball too much, Kwame is lost within the system...The kinks just need to be worked out. Trading for Marbury would be horrible. Marbury has that score-first mentality, which will not blend in with the Lakers current offense, which goes mostly through Kobe. In addition, Smush IS a point guard and that's the best position for him. Moving him to SG may stunt his development, especially having to share minutes (and the ball) with the likes of Marbury and Kobe...I don't see why you're trying to change out back-court anyways, it's the front-court that needs ALL of the attention. Kwame is struggling, but it's early. If he continues to struggle, you got Mihm, who is improving in his role, and we can give minutes to Bynum, who's currently looking a lot less raw than expected. Medvadenko, I won't even mention. Cook, well, again, he's improving and he has a nice outside shot. It's not a HORRIBLE front-court, but the Lakers could use some help. There are a few big-men out there who the Lakers can easily sign, a few of them being Shawn Kemp, Corie Blount, Dennis Rodman, and Elden Campbell, but lets give it some time before we jump the gun... ;)