Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 277912 times)

acbaylove

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2005, 12:29:28 PM »
I agree with Nik on this. We don't need Starbury at all. We need Kevin Garnett. :-[

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2005, 04:24:14 PM »
Is One of their NBA trophies going to play PF or C for the lakers?????? NO...

Exactly my thoughts, which of course means that it's the exact truth, and nice wording, props.

BTW: What happens when Brown gets a lot of touches was shown in the last game, LOL. 3-14 as a PF and then fouling out?! He's terrible. If it wasnt for him being the 1st pick and all that shit, there's no way he'd still have business in the NBA.

WTF? Are you retarded? Brown has competed with the likes of KG, Brand, Webber, Rasheed Wallace, Jermain O'Neal...LMAO@he wouldn't have business in the NBA and Medvadenko would. Are we forgetting an 11/8 season and signs of great potential, even this summer league and pre-season? Give the man a fucking chance, he was never given one in Washington, it's gunna take a lot more than 7 games for him to get it...PeACe

Medvedenko doesnt have business in the NBA. Nobody gives a fuck about him. He has a job, yeah, granted that. But he ain't runnin shit. And neither would Kwame Bust. At least Slava can knock down mid-range jumpers, K. Bust can't do anything. Really. What can he do? Seriously, what? He has no jumper, no post moves, doesn't get a lot of rebounds for his size, no awareness, he's completely lost, can't shoot free throws... As soon as I see him USING his supposed great potential, I'm the FIRST one to give him his props, BUT I refuse to treat him like a retard, patronizing him and giving him a chance and shit when it's his fuckin 5th NBA year, LOL.

Get the fuck outta here with potential this potential that. News flash: Humans in general have great potential, but MOST can't take great use of it. Kwame is one of them. Potential alone doesnt get you shit. Being a woman in an opressive islamic state, you won't achieve shit. Being a fuckin genius in some outback slum in Africa, you won't achieve shit. Being a talented fuck when you're still playing like a high school rookie in your 5th NBA year, you won't achieve shit. Potential and talent without execution doesnt give you shit in life.

First of all, WTF is wrong with you? Are you saying Medvadenko is more talented and gifted than Kwame? LMAO. Alright, Kwame IS lost, but he DOES have post moves, he CAN grab rebounds, and brings forth a great defensive presence almost every night. He has the ability to do all those things about 5,000 times better than Medvadenko...He just doesn't utilize his capabilities as much as he should and probably will in the future...Once again, it's not like he's been a complete flop, he's shown signs of a BEAST. Hell, he even had a pretty cool 11/8 season before being shot down the next season once again...He's just currently a lost cause. If you are expecting ANYTHING to change 7 games into the season, you are fucking nuts...Give Phil and his plans a chance to work, don't just instantly hate... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2005, 04:30:27 PM »
Hey man, relax! I'm just trying something different, using new colours and shit. I'm at work, lol. I gotta find something to keep my mind busy. Anyway, this is the message i've deleted. I've just re-written it in a hopefully better english.

Jesus, please come back to planet Earth, Nik! We're talking about the NBA, L.A. Lakers, starting PF spot. Kwame might have all the potential of the world in your eyes, but he ain't worth a starting job in the Lakers. Matter of fact he wasn't even worth a starting job in the Wizards, and he didn't even make the playoffs roster, in the past season. He's too raw, and being so raw in the 5th year in the league means you have no real basketball IQ. You can't be serious comparing him to O'Neal and Horry, man. Shit even grandfather Malone was better than him. Even Odom playing out of position was better than him. Don't be surprised if in a pair of weeks Phil will move Brown to the bench and Odom to the PF spot again, with George entering the starting 5. A project? Ok, he might be a project. But he should get the same minutage of our other projects, like Bynum, Wafer, Vujacic, Green, etc.. And yes, that trade was fucking horrible. I don't want to discuss about it with you no more, at least since when Kwame will deserve to be even compared to Butler. He's just another Samaki Walker, man. But the fact he got drafted higher is completely fooling you. He cant rebound (5.5 rpg in career is fucking ridiculous! Even Odom can grab the double of his rebounds!), he have no post moves, he doesnt have a mid-range jumper, he can't pass the ball (Mihm is doubling him in assists. I said Chris Mihm! And you know how important it is to share the ball playing for the triangle system), he can't stay concentrated for more than 5 consecutive minutes, he's struggling defending against quick PF's (for every good first half against Garnett there are other 7 games where he struggled, man!), he has no fucking basketball IQ, and he looks totally lost on the court. That's the reality. You're still living in a dream, man. Wake up.

LMAO...You're completely lost. He obviously has more ability currently than Green, Bynum, Wafer etc....LIKE I'VE POINTED OUT A MILLION TIMES, HE'S PLAYED GREAT IN THE PAST AND EVEN KEPT IT TOGETHER FOR A FULL SEASON WHERE HE PULLED IN 11/8...What don't you understand? Just because he's off to a slow start in an obviously complex system which takes TIME to understand (especially to slow learners like Kwame), that doesn't mean he won't eventually get with the system and do what he's capable of doing. If you wanna doubt his capabilities, that's on you. I know Phil, Kareem, Pippen wouldn't have him starting if they didn't see something in him...You should wait to judge, or else you have good chances of looking like a hater.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2005, 04:34:30 PM »
Hey Nik, you know Eric Pincus from Hoopsworld.com and from LakersGround.net, don't you? He's one of the most loved reporter about the Lakers, you should know him. You can't question his pride. This is what he wrote about Odom and Brown in his last article up at hoopsworld: "So far Odom doesn't seem capable of putting up enough points night in and night out to keep the defenses honest"; "Hopefully it's Brown's thumb injury that is making the ball squirt out of his hands. At this point, the Lakers aren't getting any more out of Brown than they got out of Samaki Walker". He compared him to Samaki too!! Please don't question his Laker pride too. He just wrote the fucking truth. Like i did.

LMAO. You are so dumb. What he said is true. So far, Lakers HAVENT gotten more out of Kwame than out of Samaki Walker, that's a fucking given. That doesn't mean he was claiming they were on the same level, hell, he even said he hopes it's due to Kwame's injury. Did he say that Kwame would continue playing like Samaki Walker and never develop or imply that in any way? There's your difference and why I have decided that you have WAYY too much pessimism in you to be a hardcore Laker fan... :-\

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2005, 06:47:48 PM »
Here's the thing..Lamar ain't pippen (i think we all knew that) he doesn't have that pippen speed and quickness,he can't run an offence ,he can't break down the defence,,he's a post player and that roll belongs to kobe..

So what the Lakers need to do is Trade Odom & a first round pick for Marbury (he's on the trading block) and then,tell me if you agree with this..

smush Parker could move to SG and he could be like are Bruce Bowen and Doug Christie where basscily he defends the other teams best perimeter player,,,he could that he's a solid defender..smush is not even a real PG,he's not going to get alot of assist,he's basically a spot up shooter and a slasher and a guy who will dunk on you ;D

and then move kobe to the SF spot

and marbury could be that quick guy to break down a defence and get alot of assist,and he's a better scorer then Lamar..

LMAO, WTF? Since when is Kobe a post player...LOLLLLL.

WTF have you being watching? that's Kobe's roll now (Kobe is the best post player in the NBA out of all the guards in the league,,have you seen the mans footwork and power he shows in the post?)..with shaq out,, kobe is the post player in the triangle offence just like jordan when he won his last 3 championships...kobe's being getting the ball in the pinch post to...the problem with that is that kobe's big men can't hit a fucking jump shot..jordans big guys were automatic when it came to those mid range jumpers (except Rodman)

Lamar is now playing the kobe roll that kobe plaid when shaq was here..Lamar can't even get the ball to kobe in the post like kobe used to give it to shaq....Lamar can't break-down the defence and get his teammates involve  and get his "OWN" shot like kobe used to when shaq was here

Watch the Game and you'll see how many times kobe ends up in the post

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2005, 09:56:07 PM »
Here's the thing..Lamar ain't pippen (i think we all knew that) he doesn't have that pippen speed and quickness,he can't run an offence ,he can't break down the defence,,he's a post player and that roll belongs to kobe..

So what the Lakers need to do is Trade Odom & a first round pick for Marbury (he's on the trading block) and then,tell me if you agree with this..

smush Parker could move to SG and he could be like are Bruce Bowen and Doug Christie where basscily he defends the other teams best perimeter player,,,he could that he's a solid defender..smush is not even a real PG,he's not going to get alot of assist,he's basically a spot up shooter and a slasher and a guy who will dunk on you ;D

and marbury could be that quick guy to break down a defence and get alot of assist,and he's a better scorer then Lamar..

WTF have you being watching? that's Kobe's roll now (Kobe is the best post player in the NBA out of all the guards in the league,,have you seen the mans footwork and power he shows in the post?)..with shaq out,, kobe is the post player in the triangle offence just like jordan when he won his last 3 championships...kobe's being getting the ball in the pinch post to...the problem with that is that kobe's big men can't hit a fucking jump shot..jordans big guys were automatic when it came to those mid range jumpers (except Rodman)

Lamar is now playing the kobe roll that kobe plaid when shaq was here..Lamar can't even get the ball to kobe in the post like kobe used to give it to shaq....Lamar can't break-down the defence and get his teammates involve  and get his "OWN" shot like kobe used to when shaq was here

Kobe's not a post player, you fucking moron, he's a WING player just like Jordan was...I hope that's what you meant, because otherwise you really don't know what you're talking about. Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Brian Cook, and Slava Medvadenko are our post players...And since when were Luc Longley and Will Purdue automatic from mid-range? They were both DECENT at best...Boy, you're confused. Kobe is not posting up like Shaq was, WTF ARE YOU WATCHING? LMAO. Kobe's shooting 20 footers and taking it to the hoop from the wing. Lamar is playing point forward (like Pippen in Chicago), initiating the offense, and getting it to Kobe on the wing, where he can create...That is the plan of the triangle. I know you're a fan and all, but please save us by not making dumb remarks... :-X

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2005, 11:31:08 PM »

Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Brian Cook, and Slava Medvadenko are our post players...

and even Chris mihm is a question mark(but he is getting better)...and those bulls big men shit all over the Lakers big men,ok....and yes, i know kobe is the wing player..i'm just saying kobe goes to the spot that shaq use to be in the triangle offence...and kwame is still Garbage(he's shooting 10% 2 feet away from the basket,he's missing every fucking put back) and Lamar needs to step it up big time b/c he's giving kobe no fucking help..kobe shot the ball 36 times last night

and lol at you saying we're not real Laker fans ,you said that your other teams are the Clippers,celtics and like 5 other teams ::)

acbaylove

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2005, 11:31:51 PM »
Another wonderful game by Kwame Brown last night:
6 points, 5 rebounds, just 4 shots attempted. Totally lost.
Phil benched him for 22 minutes.

Destroyed by an almost 38 years old Antonio Davis.

Bla bla bla, Nik. He's a bust.

acbaylove

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2005, 11:32:50 PM »
and lol at you saying we're not real Laker fans ,you said that your other teams are the Clippers,celtics and like 5 other teams ::)

Don't worry about him, man. He's lost. Like Kwame.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2005, 11:34:17 PM »
Smush Parker shut down  S. Marbury ,Smush held'em to 2-9  shooting and 4 points  :o ;D

the Lakers are playing great defence but no one on that team knows the triangle offence yet..tex winter said the guys only know 24% of the offence(except for kobe,he knows the in & outs of the offence)

acbaylove

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2005, 11:36:11 PM »
Kwame Brown's stats.

7/7 games, 28.1 mpg (lol), .396% from 2pts, .467% from FT, 6.1 rpg, 0.6 apg, 0.29 bpg, 2.71 tpg (damn!), 4.10 fpg (damn!)

Nothing to add. Samaki Walker's stats were better.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2005, 11:41:10 PM »
this guy shawves so many fucking points and kills the momentum..in the 1rst quarter Smush got to the paint handed the ball to Kwame and fumbled that shit and it was a T.O. knicks ball..and then he got an offence a rebound and he miss the put back,that shit didn't even hit the iron..

did you notice how phil called a time-out and started ripping on kwame for missing that put-back and that fumbled he had earlier? ;D  ..that's our phil!! 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2005, 11:44:20 PM »

Don't worry about him, man. He's lost. Like Kwame.

That's really good...I got nothing but love for the Clippers, my second team.
::)  --NIK in that "clippers are 3-0" thread  ..

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=94285.msg982102#msg982102

acbaylove

« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2005, 06:58:16 AM »
this guy shawves so many fucking points and kills the momentum..in the 1rst quarter Smush got to the paint handed the ball to Kwame and fumbled that shit and it was a T.O. knicks ball..and then he got an offence a rebound and he miss the put back,that shit didn't even hit the iron..

did you notice how phil called a time-out and started ripping on kwame for missing that put-back and that fumbled he had earlier? ;D  ..that's our phil!! 8)

Exactly. He's really embarassing, man. He just can't receive a pass. Shit man the ball is squirting out of his hands so often it ain't even funny. And it has nothing to do with the triangle. In the previous game Kobe gave him 3-4 great balls inside for the easy dunk and he didn't grab it. He was all alone. He's collecting almost 3 turnovers per game. I'm really worried about him. Parker, Bryant, George, Odom, Mihm. Wait another month and Phil will back to last year's rotation.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2005, 10:53:31 AM »

Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Brian Cook, and Slava Medvadenko are our post players...

and even Chris mihm is a question mark(but he is getting better)...and those bulls big men shit all over the Lakers big men,ok....and yes, i know kobe is the wing player..i'm just saying kobe goes to the spot that shaq use to be in the triangle offence...and kwame is still Garbage(he's shooting 10% 2 feet away from the basket,he's missing every fucking put back) and Lamar needs to step it up big time b/c he's giving kobe no fucking help..kobe shot the ball 36 times last night

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Ok... Kobe the post player and Will Purdue the outside shooter...Antonio's hate is respectable compared to your dumbass comments. The Bull's big-men DONT shit all over the Lakers big-men, in fact, the Bulls are known as the only team to win a championship without a true big-man. Chris Mihm is way more able than Luc Longley or Will Purdue ever were. Chris Mihm right now is playing good. Lamar helps in the post. Kwame is doing a VERY good job being a defensive presence, though he's not getting many touches on the offensive end (3-4 last night). Slava is out, and Cook is doing what he's meant for...You're extremely clueless, man. "Lets trade for Marbury!!!!"...LOLLLL. Lamars not helping? WTF. He's playing his role PERFECT as the initiator. He gets his across the board EVERY NIGHT, AND THAT INCLUDES LAST NIGHT. KOBE IS SUPPOSED TO SHOOT A LOT, THE OFFENSE RUNS THROUGH HIM...And Kwame is shooting 10% from 2 feet away? Oh, so he's shooting 45% from the field because his 20 footers are so consistant, right?...LMAO. Please. Antonio hates, but at least he doesn't speak out of his ass all the time...

PS...LOL@me not being a Laker fan because I like a few other teams. LMAO. You think I have like 10 different team posters on my wall? You moron, the Lakers are my ONLY team, but there are other teams who I am not a fan of but still like...Clippers are my second team because it's an LA thing, you moron. If the Lakers don't make the playoffs and the Clippers do, it only makes sense for me to go for the Clippers, since my team wouldn't be in it anymore...I also like the Knicks, the Celtics, and the Bobcats, but I would never EVER root for them against my LAKERS...PeACe