Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 283901 times)

Dikteta Dax

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7890 on: May 20, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »
i bet they blow the lakers up this off season and try to get Howard

lakers are going to stick with bynum, but gasol is gone and they are going to amnesty artest.  I think they are going to let sessions to to!
why stick with Bynum? he's gonna impode under pressure

Bynum just needs to mature a little and I think he will be fine at being the leader when Kobe Retires.

Sccit

« Reply #7891 on: May 20, 2012, 11:16:50 AM »
like i said...if the lakers played to their capabilities, we'd easily be up 3-1 right now. try disputing that.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7892 on: May 20, 2012, 11:55:33 AM »
like i said...if the lakers played to their capabilities, we'd easily be up 3-1 right now. try disputing that.

and if Hitler won world war 2 we'd all be a buncha nazichildren but that didn't happen either

the Lakers choke in the clutch, plain and simple

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7893 on: May 20, 2012, 12:20:45 PM »
If LeBron played to his capabilities he'd be the best player of all-time. He's far from that, though. Just like the Lakers are far from being better than OKC.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #7894 on: May 20, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »
If LeBron played to his capabilities he'd be the best player of all-time. He's far from that, though. Just like the Lakers are far from being better than OKC.

difference is, gasol is able to play to his capabilities. he did it in the finals against boston and orlando...right now, he is bein a complete bitch. dunno what it is, but he is a complete joke of player at times, straight up.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7895 on: May 20, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »
How can the Lakers trade Gasol and his huge contract? Why would they get rid of Sessions? I think Blake will get amnestied over Artest. Just pray that Steve Nash will sign in the offseason. :-\

rayallen0

« Reply #7896 on: May 21, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
still amazed by how shamelessly Kobe threw Pau under the bus over the weekend. Great leadership.  I'm not even a Kobe hater. I definitely respect his game but dude is just corny AF.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7897 on: May 21, 2012, 08:47:59 PM »
still amazed by how shamelessly Kobe threw Pau under the bus over the weekend. Great leadership.  I'm not even a Kobe hater. I definitely respect his game but dude is just corny AF.

the crazy thing is: if kobe goes 4-26 with 6 turnovers, nobody dares to say shit.

as for the game today: lakers give their all, thunder just casually draining their shots. hilarious to see.. and kinda sad at the same time.
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7898 on: May 21, 2012, 09:56:17 PM »
Lakers need to improve the perimeter offense and defense for real.

Sccit

« Reply #7899 on: May 22, 2012, 02:23:11 AM »

well, it's pretty true....for the second year in a row, we lose because pau's decides not to show up. i will be extremely surprised if he's sporting a laker jersey next season. this guy is supposed to be the second option. jordan hill had a better series than him! honestly, kobe and bynum are the only 2 players i reall care for to stay...anyone else is expandable at this point. outside of kobe, no one showed any heart, will, or effort in this entire series. maybe steve blake and jordan hill a little, and bynum came through at times (though he still has a lot of maturing ahead of him)...but other than that, kobe had no help in this series. shit is just ridiculous. he deserves better at this point of his career. and yes, i will say that mike brown's coaching has been on and off this year, but down the stretch, it was downright awful. shits fucked up. lookin forward 2 the moves this off-season.

Sccit

« Reply #7900 on: May 22, 2012, 02:26:06 AM »
Lakers need to improve the perimeter offense and defense for real.

we need someone else who can create their own shot...it's ridiculous that kobe at 33 is the only dude on the team who can create for himself. i thought sessions could be that guy, but he obviously has no experience whatsoever in the playoffs, and if we bring him back, he has some major strides to make. his defense on westbrook was pretty bad, as well. blake did a better job than he did, and thats sayin a lot. over all, the effort from everyone outside of kobe, jordan hill, and steve blake was pretty pathetic. and artest was pretty good on defense, as well, but he slowed down the offense a lot at times.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7902 on: May 22, 2012, 07:31:52 AM »
My fixes,

trade Gasol and get youth. I'd like to see Gasol traded to the Wolves and the Lakers pick up Beasley. Well on second thought since Phil is gone not Beasley. Well trade Gasol and get youth.

Keep Bynum, and have him work with Kobe all off season. I'd set up a Bynum/Kobe relationship, and hire back Kareem to personally coach Bynum. Howard has back issues and I don't want to see Howard struggling up and down the court. Keep Bynum and build around him.

Sign a young PG. Lin is a free agent, but look around. Sessions is going to be a career back up, and that's fine. But Sessions is not a big time player and the Lakers need a big time player. I like what I saw from Lin when I saw him, but the bottomline is young PG.

Resign Odom for the vet. min. Odom will perform in LA once he realizes the Lakers can and will trade him. Now bring him back home, have him come off the bench and he will perform in the clutch.

Sccit

The Watcher

« Reply #7904 on: May 23, 2012, 02:59:42 AM »
the salary cap for next year is $60 mil and the lakers are already sitting at $63 mil

right now the best thing they could do is trade Gasol ($19m) and do a sign+trade on Bynum ($16m) to free up some cap space and get some youth back in return. Sessions is opting out after this season but is hoping to re-sign

after watching the Lakers in the playoffs for the last 2 years i'm not sure Gasol and Bynum can cut it, they are way too inconsistent, can't really count on them for shit

army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden