Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 284756 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7920 on: June 28, 2012, 01:02:23 PM »
Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups, Leandro Barbosa and Ramon Sessions Linked to LA?

The Los Angeles Lakers are in need of a point guard.

Ramon Sessions filled the duties admirably after being dealt to Los Angeles part way through the season, but he has now opted out of his contract and may not return to Los Angeles.

Lakers executive Jim Buss said earlier this week that his organization wanted to bring Sessions back, and then planned no other major moves.

But any seasoned Laker watcher knows that personnel decisions in Los Angeles are made via an alchemical process of discussion between the Buss family, GM Mitch Kupchak and mega-star Kobe Bryant.

Deron Williams has a player option with the Brooklyn Nets and it has been suggested that he may attempt to opt out of that deal to join the Lakers.

Given that Williams will be opting out of a $17.8 million dollar payday from the Nets for the 2013 season he definitely won't be taking a pay cut to make a move. As the Lakers don't have anywhere near that money remaining under the cap or otherwise, don't expect Williams to go west.

Williams himself told ESPN on Saturday that he had narrowed his list all the way down to remaining in Brooklyn or going to Dallas. There were reports that the Lakers attempted to interest the Nets in a sign and trade deal involving Williams and Pau Gasol, but that never materialized.

If the Lakers do get the deal that they want, their back court will look different, and a whole lot cheaper.

Obviously Bryant will return, and the Lakers will probably be able to resign Sessions. The guard, who arrived via trade in mid-season, opted out of his deal because he felt like he could get more money in a longer term deal.

Session will probably command three to four years at $6 to $8 million per year, which won't leave much room for a third guard to help share the load.

The Lakers will be left to pick among some of the cheaper "journeyman" type players who will be available. They could attempt to reach out to Chauncey Billups who may have the best credentials among the available free agents.

Billups is a free agent after an ACL tear cost him most of his season. Depending on his recovery, he might be an attractive option.

Los Angeles could also look to an old nemesis like Leandro Barbosa. He was a thorn in the sides of the Lakers for most of the 2000s when he was the sixth man for the Phoenix Suns. He certainly isn't as talented as Williams, but with his speed he could become a great change of pace in the backcourt for the Lakers.

go watch soccer you bitch

but on a serious note, i know deron wants to or is willing to come to LA, if nets agree to a sign and trade, we can give him the same max that the nets are. of course anyone with a right mind would rather play in LA. i mean unless you love NYC that much. cuz nyc is great too, but the lakers? shieet

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #7921 on: June 29, 2012, 10:52:41 AM »
Josh Smith

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7922 on: June 30, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »
No high draft picks, no mo Williams, and deron isnt coming. The lakers are running out of options.

Sccit

« Reply #7923 on: June 30, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »
Lol @ doubting the Lakers front office

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7924 on: June 30, 2012, 09:53:31 PM »
I have faith in Mitch. It's dumb Jim I'm worried about. Anyways this isn't so much about the management. They've been negotiating a lot of promising trades. The problem is that all of them fell through. Deron is either staying in Brooklyn or going to the Mavs. All the trades for a top draft pick didn't work out. Mo Williams already traded. Houston is no longer interested in Gasol. Josh Smith seems to be the only possibility and trading him for Gasol won't solve anything. The Howard talks have died, he doesn't seem interested in coming to LA.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:55:32 PM by Teddy Roosevelt »

Sccit

« Reply #7925 on: June 30, 2012, 10:49:44 PM »
I have faith in Mitch. It's dumb Jim I'm worried about. Anyways this isn't so much about the management. They've been negotiating a lot of promising trades. The problem is that all of them fell through. Deron is either staying in Brooklyn or going to the Mavs. All the trades for a top draft pick didn't work out. Mo Williams already traded. Houston is no longer interested in Gasol. Josh Smith seems to be the only possibility and trading him for Gasol won't solve anything. The Howard talks have died, he doesn't seem interested in coming to LA.

Don't forget, Jim bus is the one who pulled the deal for cp3. Something will get done, believe that.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7926 on: July 01, 2012, 08:59:16 AM »
Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups, Leandro Barbosa and Ramon Sessions Linked to LA?

The Los Angeles Lakers are in need of a point guard.

Ramon Sessions filled the duties admirably after being dealt to Los Angeles part way through the season, but he has now opted out of his contract and may not return to Los Angeles.

Lakers executive Jim Buss said earlier this week that his organization wanted to bring Sessions back, and then planned no other major moves.

But any seasoned Laker watcher knows that personnel decisions in Los Angeles are made via an alchemical process of discussion between the Buss family, GM Mitch Kupchak and mega-star Kobe Bryant.

Deron Williams has a player option with the Brooklyn Nets and it has been suggested that he may attempt to opt out of that deal to join the Lakers.

Given that Williams will be opting out of a $17.8 million dollar payday from the Nets for the 2013 season he definitely won't be taking a pay cut to make a move. As the Lakers don't have anywhere near that money remaining under the cap or otherwise, don't expect Williams to go west.

Williams himself told ESPN on Saturday that he had narrowed his list all the way down to remaining in Brooklyn or going to Dallas. There were reports that the Lakers attempted to interest the Nets in a sign and trade deal involving Williams and Pau Gasol, but that never materialized.

If the Lakers do get the deal that they want, their back court will look different, and a whole lot cheaper.

Obviously Bryant will return, and the Lakers will probably be able to resign Sessions. The guard, who arrived via trade in mid-season, opted out of his deal because he felt like he could get more money in a longer term deal.

Session will probably command three to four years at $6 to $8 million per year, which won't leave much room for a third guard to help share the load.

The Lakers will be left to pick among some of the cheaper "journeyman" type players who will be available. They could attempt to reach out to Chauncey Billups who may have the best credentials among the available free agents.

Billups is a free agent after an ACL tear cost him most of his season. Depending on his recovery, he might be an attractive option.

Los Angeles could also look to an old nemesis like Leandro Barbosa. He was a thorn in the sides of the Lakers for most of the 2000s when he was the sixth man for the Phoenix Suns. He certainly isn't as talented as Williams, but with his speed he could become a great change of pace in the backcourt for the Lakers.

go watch soccer you bitch

but on a serious note, i know deron wants to or is willing to come to LA, if nets agree to a sign and trade, we can give him the same max that the nets are. of course anyone with a right mind would rather play in LA. i mean unless you love NYC that much. cuz nyc is great too, but the lakers? shieet

go fuck yourself stupid asian son of a bitch
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7927 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »
Let me get you on record, NIK. Would you do a Deron for Bynum trade straight up?

Sccit

« Reply #7928 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
Let me get you on record, NIK. Would you do a Deron for Bynum trade straight up?

No, but it's tempting

Sccit

« Reply #7929 on: July 04, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »
NASH

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7930 on: July 04, 2012, 10:31:53 PM »

No, but it's tempting

im never a fan of trading big for small, but with how bad our guards we're against  the younger teams, it was imperative to get a new PG.

i would of been down to trade one or the other, but its hard to really choose between pau and bynum. bynum is the best center in the NBA, i always thought that, but howard does put up dominate numbers but dude only plays one side of the game. his offense is clearly an embarrassment when u talk about superstar big men.
if u get ride of bynum, he'll be more free in the paint and be able to dominate down low, pau he'll be able to dominate down low, high post, pass out from either of those spots, pick and roll, pick and pop. although has the ability to do more offensively, he isnt going to be as strong down low and on the defensive end.\

but regardless they'll be able to produce more with one or the other gone, but not necessarily saying its going to lead to wins.

im glad we got steve nash, but with blake as a back up, im not sure about our defensive match ups against younger quicker perimeter players. especially when mike brown favored short rotations. its really going to be interesting to see, but with mike brown i have doubts.

mike brown will get out coached by anyone that would make the play offs, lol except maybe scott brooks who thrives off durant, westbrooks, and harden.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7931 on: July 04, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
lol man, what if we get

nash/blake (fuck)/morris
kobe/barnes/goudelock
artest/hill
josh smith/mc roberts
dwight howard/ who da hell is our back up still t-murph?

Sccit

« Reply #7932 on: July 04, 2012, 11:47:26 PM »
^Jordan Hill is a center. i rather keep bynum than trade him straight up for dwight, tho. but i gotta admit, josh smith and dwight in the front court would be an interesting combo on d.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7933 on: July 05, 2012, 11:44:58 AM »
How can the Lakers trade Gasol and his huge contract? Why would they get rid of Sessions? I think Blake will get amnestied over Artest. Just pray that Steve Nash will sign in the offseason. :-\

Nash?  i doubt it
;D

Sccit

« Reply #7934 on: July 20, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »
PG Steve Nash...Steve Blake/Andrew Goudelock
SG Kobe Bryant...Darius Morris/Christian Eyenga
SF Ron Artest...Matt Barnes/Devin Ebanks
PF Pau Gasol...Antawn Jamison/Josh Mcroberts
C Andrew Bynum...Jordan Hill/Robert Sacre

So far so good