Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 277984 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8190 on: April 29, 2013, 06:52:05 PM »
Dwight does nothing better other than get the ball in the basket, grab rebounds, block shots and get results. Dude, Dwight has done more, let a team to the NBA Finals and also been defensive player of the year 3 years in a row. Get that, 3 years in a row. He didn't win last year because he was injured, and this year because he is breaking down mentally. Dwight has a very low EQ and basketball IQ. So who would I rather have, M. Gasol. But that doesn't take away from the fact Howard is a better player who is a year younger and done more, including leading his team to the Finals.

ill take shaqs word over yours...marc doesnt score or grab as many rebounds because he has to operate with randolph in the post, who takes up a lot of the touches and gobbles up rebounds offa marc gasol box-outs. dwight is like a glorified tyson chandler who demands more touches....not a superstar caliber player. this year, marc got better, dwight got worse. dwight didnt lead any team to the finals...that was the work of stan van gundy, surrounding dwight with 4 knock-down shooters to open the paint for him to get spoon-fed dunks, makin him look a whole lot better than he actually is. shaq=top 5 center ever...i'll take his word.

WOW!!! The world has ended, NIK agrees with SHAQ!! Although Shaq is biased against Howard.

Straight up, one on one game, who wins, Howard or Gasol?

Gasol has better post moves and back to the basket game, as well as a dependable jumpshot, so I'd put my money on him

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8191 on: April 29, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »
Dwight does nothing better other than get the ball in the basket, grab rebounds, block shots and get results. Dude, Dwight has done more, let a team to the NBA Finals and also been defensive player of the year 3 years in a row. Get that, 3 years in a row. He didn't win last year because he was injured, and this year because he is breaking down mentally. Dwight has a very low EQ and basketball IQ. So who would I rather have, M. Gasol. But that doesn't take away from the fact Howard is a better player who is a year younger and done more, including leading his team to the Finals.

ill take shaqs word over yours...marc doesnt score or grab as many rebounds because he has to operate with randolph in the post, who takes up a lot of the touches and gobbles up rebounds offa marc gasol box-outs. dwight is like a glorified tyson chandler who demands more touches....not a superstar caliber player. this year, marc got better, dwight got worse. dwight didnt lead any team to the finals...that was the work of stan van gundy, surrounding dwight with 4 knock-down shooters to open the paint for him to get spoon-fed dunks, makin him look a whole lot better than he actually is. shaq=top 5 center ever...i'll take his word.

WOW!!! The world has ended, NIK agrees with SHAQ!! Although Shaq is biased against Howard.

Gasol has better post moves and back to the basket game, as well as a dependable jumpshot, so I'd put my money on him

Now you are just trolling.

Sccit

« Reply #8192 on: April 29, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »

Now you are just trolling.

lmao..u bein serious? gasol doesnt have better back to the basket game than dwight? most of dwights points come assisted, off of spoon-fed dunks and lobs...gasol can work for his, u can throw it to him and he operates in the post. mdoggydogg, u comin off as unknowledgeable on this 1.

The Watcher

« Reply #8193 on: April 30, 2013, 04:47:31 AM »
i would agree with NIK on this one, marc gasol >>>> dwight howard

lakers have a bit of rebuilding to do and with their salary situation it's not gonna be easy. dwight isn't gonna agree to a sign and trade unless it's to a contender or a team he wanted to goto previously (read: brooklyn or dallas). worst case scenario, dwight doesn't resign and the lakers are still fucked cause they will likely be over the salary cap. they will be amnestying someone, my bet would be gasol since he takes up almost $20m of the cap

lakers are sitting at $78m and thats without re-signing dwight, amnestying gasol would save them $19m, and the lakers are probably hoping MWP doesnt pickup his $8m player option
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8194 on: April 30, 2013, 09:53:38 AM »
If Howard doesn't resign, then I'd keep Gasol and ask Artest to opt out and restructure his contract, then amnesty Steve Blake. (god damn that's a bad run on sentence.)

I still think Howard in 2009-2010 is a perfect example of how good he can be when healthy and drama free. It was he last season of just being Dwight, and he shined. He was the leader of that Magic team, though Rashard Lewis did make a great second option that year, but Howard was the man. 20ppg, 15rpg and 2.6bpg. He was a fucking beast. Marc Gasol can never touch that season that Howard had.

With that said, Howard's worst enemy is himself. This season was very telling that he doesn't want to get better. You can't play next to the best player of your generation and then act like you should be treated as a superstar. Kobe is a superstar, Howard has been exposed as someone with the ability to tear the league apart but never will because he can't hack being the man. He wants to make superstar money without being a superstar. This is were Howard fails.

Still, he is a better player than Marc Gasol, he has proved at his best he is better than Marc Gasol at his best. With that said, on my team, I want Marc Gasol, because Marc Gasol is smarter.

Also, one on one game, Gasol doesn't score on Howard, ever. Howard's D is too good to lose a one on one game. On a team, Gasol knows when to pass out and when to fake a move. But one on one, Howard is a fucking beast and Gasol doesn't score.

Sccit

« Reply #8195 on: April 30, 2013, 09:57:14 AM »
If Howard doesn't resign, then I'd keep Gasol and ask Artest to opt out and restructure his contract, then amnesty Steve Blake. (god damn that's a bad run on sentence.)

I still think Howard in 2009-2010 is a perfect example of how good he can be when healthy and drama free. It was he last season of just being Dwight, and he shined. He was the leader of that Magic team, though Rashard Lewis did make a great second option that year, but Howard was the man. 20ppg, 15rpg and 2.6bpg. He was a fucking beast. Marc Gasol can never touch that season that Howard had.

With that said, Howard's worst enemy is himself. This season was very telling that he doesn't want to get better. You can't play next to the best player of your generation and then act like you should be treated as a superstar. Kobe is a superstar, Howard has been exposed as someone with the ability to tear the league apart but never will because he can't hack being the man. He wants to make superstar money without being a superstar. This is were Howard fails.

Still, he is a better player than Marc Gasol, he has proved at his best he is better than Marc Gasol at his best. With that said, on my team, I want Marc Gasol, because Marc Gasol is smarter.

Also, one on one game, Gasol doesn't score on Howard, ever. Howard's D is too good to lose a one on one game. On a team, Gasol knows when to pass out and when to fake a move. But one on one, Howard is a fucking beast and Gasol doesn't score.

howard is not a beast 1-on-1, 1-on-1 is one of his main flaws...wtf are u talkin about, man? ur the epitome of a stat-watcher. gasol's post game is about 1000x better than dwights and it's not even debatable. a 1-on-1 game vs 2 centers would consist of a lot of post-ups, which would put dwight in major trouble, as he'd have no one to spoon-feed him dunks. as for defense, gasol was a way better defender this year than dwight.....come on, brobro.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8196 on: April 30, 2013, 11:42:31 AM »

howard is not a beast 1-on-1, 1-on-1 is one of his main flaws...wtf are u talkin about, man? ur the epitome of a stat-watcher. gasol's post game is about 1000x better than dwights and it's not even debatable. a 1-on-1 game vs 2 centers would consist of a lot of post-ups, which would put dwight in major trouble, as he'd have no one to spoon-feed him dunks. as for defense, gasol was a way better defender this year than dwight.....come on, brobro.

So all those guys who tried to post Dwight and failed, i was just imagining that. Maybe this year, an injured Dwight Howard failed, but at his best Howard was KILLING it on the d-fence. I didn't say Howard would score, but I did say he wouldn't allow Gasol to score. When they went head to head all years prior to this year, Howard would abuse Gasol. Come on man. Don't let one year get the facts twisted. Healthy Howard >>> Marc Gasol one on one and maybe team game.

Sccit

« Reply #8197 on: April 30, 2013, 01:51:21 PM »

So all those guys who tried to post Dwight and failed, i was just imagining that. Maybe this year, an injured Dwight Howard failed, but at his best Howard was KILLING it on the d-fence. I didn't say Howard would score, but I did say he wouldn't allow Gasol to score. When they went head to head all years prior to this year, Howard would abuse Gasol. Come on man. Don't let one year get the facts twisted. Healthy Howard >>> Marc Gasol one on one and maybe team game.

like i said, marc gasol got better, dwight got worse...if marc was able to score on dwight 3 years ago, what do u think he could do now?

http://youtu.be/si_ITOwLZOc?t=2m59s

http://youtu.be/si_ITOwLZOc?t=6m57s

and lmfao@even bringing team game into the equation...come on, now :stupid:

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #8198 on: May 01, 2013, 09:59:58 PM »
Just think-once upon a time, at beginning of the season they were predicting winning over 70 games, and challenging for an NBA championship. They went 0-8 for the preseason and every one panicked lol later the lakers would find that they would go out in the playoffs just like they went out in the preseason with a DONUT 0!!!!!

Sccit

« Reply #8199 on: May 01, 2013, 11:56:43 PM »
Just think-once upon a time, at beginning of the season they were predicting winning over 70 games, and challenging for an NBA championship. They went 0-8 for the preseason and every one panicked lol later the lakers would find that they would go out in the playoffs just like they went out in the preseason with a DONUT 0!!!!!

and how many games did the full roster play together? like 5 or 6?? LOL come on, now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:38:13 AM by NIKCC »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8200 on: May 02, 2013, 07:08:23 AM »

Just think of how long you've been waiting to see the downfall of the Lakers. And remember the Lakers are only down for so long, and while other franchises scratch and claw to make the playoffs, the Lakers are always there. They've only miss the playoffs 6 times in franchise history, this is including the times when it was harder to make the playoffs. 6 times, since 1948. I think the Lakers have proven, they'll be fine. No one panics, the Lakers just reload.

Sccit

« Reply #8201 on: May 02, 2013, 10:39:31 PM »
i don't watch a lot of nba,but paul gasol is the s**t  8)

GANGSTA

Sccit

« Reply #8202 on: May 05, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »

Just think of how long you've been waiting to see the downfall of the Lakers. And remember the Lakers are only down for so long, and while other franchises scratch and claw to make the playoffs, the Lakers are always there. They've only miss the playoffs 6 times in franchise history, this is including the times when it was harder to make the playoffs. 6 times, since 1948. I think the Lakers have proven, they'll be fine. No one panics, the Lakers just reload.

lol, clippers had their best year ever...lakers had their worst

results? both lost in the first round.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8203 on: May 05, 2013, 08:57:41 PM »

Hey, I guess we can say the Clippers are hanging their first banner in the Staples Center! I'm happy about that.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #8204 on: May 05, 2013, 11:09:27 PM »

Hey, I guess we can say the Clippers are hanging their first banner in the Staples Center! I'm happy about that.

they raise banners for divisionals at staples? lol i dont think i ever saw them, or they're just so meaningless to laker fans that i couldnt notice it.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.