Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278010 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8235 on: May 15, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »
I'm starting to buy the hype of Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins. Should the Lakers find a way to get in the lotto?

lol we aint tankin, forget about it

Sccit

« Reply #8236 on: June 03, 2013, 01:19:26 AM »
Lakers Rumors: Options Are Slim for Los Angeles to Trade into 1st Round 

BY MAXWELL OGDEN (FEATURED COLUMNIST) ON JUNE 3, 2013

According to Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio, the Los Angeles Lakers are looking to trade into the first round of the 2013 NBA draft. As it presently stands, the Lakers' first selection is the 48th overall draft choice.

Unfortunately, the options are slim for L.A. to trade into the first round.

It's far from surprising that the Lakers are hoping to trade up, as their No. 1 issue has been that they lack perimeter youth and athleticism. Even if they were to re-sign center Dwight Howard, that would remain a crippling issue.

An issue that has been present for at least the past three seasons.

Still, the 2013 NBA draft is one of extraordinarily weak proportions when it comes to star value. With the Lakers limited on trade pieces, that creates the potential for a first-round draft choice to be of lesser value than what L.A. would be dealing.

That's the first obstacle for L.A. to overcome in its quest to get younger.

When it comes right down to it, the Los Angeles Lakers will only be able to trade into the first round if they match their trade piece with realistic value. As it presently stands, the Lakers are short on attractive trade bait and may not be able to find the reciprocation they desire.

The question is, who are the Lakers' realistic trade pieces?

For starters, the walking rumor mill, Pau Gasol, is certain to be on the table as the Lakers look to move up. After all, Gasol is one of the most commonly mentioned names on the open market, regardless of the team we're speaking about.

The question is, could the Lakers actually land a draft choice that matches Gasol's value? More importantly, could the even come close?

It's hard to imagine they would.

The only other options appear to be Steve Nash and Metta World Peace, who remain valuable commodities. Nash may have experienced a down year statistically, but his quality of play should be unquestioned after leading a very poor Phoenix Suns team to the brink of the postseason the year prior.

World Peace is another option, but let's be honest—as great of a defender as he may be, it's hard to imagine a team trading an early first-round draft choice for his expiring contract.

If the Los Angeles Lakers are to trade into the first round, they'll likely be looking for as much value as possible. For that reason, the Lakers have limited options, as teams with multiple first-round draft choices are scarce.

The Atlanta Hawks just so happen to have back-to-back selections and the need for a true center.

Pau Gasol just so happens to be one of the best low-post players in the NBA, even if fan perception suggests otherwise. General managers likely recognize that, and a team like the Hawks is in prime position to use Gasol's world-class abilities.

New head coach Mike Budenholzer won his titles with Tim Duncan and David Robinson, so who's to say he couldn't do the same with a two-time NBA champion in Gasol and Al Horford as his core?

For the Lakers, picking at No. 17 and No. 18 overall—a stretch, but still an outside possibility—would present them with their best opportunity to land value. They could find two athletic players for the perimeter, and potentially find a stretch 4.

Regardless of what route they take with these picks, exploring this possibility is the most realistic option for a Lakers team that is desperate for youth but short on trade pieces.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1659661-lakers-rumors-options-are-slim-for-los-angeles-to-trade-into-first-round

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8237 on: June 03, 2013, 05:38:08 AM »
Get into the first round this year. It's not worth it. Next year is the year to get in.

Sccit

« Reply #8238 on: June 04, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »
Get into the first round this year. It's not worth it. Next year is the year to get in.

it's always worth it...especially if we could trade some players n free up cap space

Sccit

« Reply #8239 on: June 04, 2013, 09:31:55 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Qak1eeHqfJ8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Qak1eeHqfJ8</a>

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #8240 on: June 21, 2013, 02:00:29 AM »
so blessed to be an LA native, i mean of course i havent seen most of the laker greats play but ive seen clips and flashback games

and its epic, super stars and forever loved role players and contributors

Wilt/Kareem/Shaq/Mikan
Gasol/Horry/Odom/Rice/Green
Baylor/Worthy/Artest/Eddie/Fox
Kobe/Goodrich/Scott/Shaw/Cooper
Magic/West/Van Exel/Fisher

didnt count malone, GP, nash, or howard, cant really call them laker legends and nash and howard have to earn that

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8241 on: June 21, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Qak1eeHqfJ8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Qak1eeHqfJ8</a>

2 of the best that ever did it. Damn, people think the 90's was the time of big men, Kareem dominated in the 80's against a young Hakeem and Ewing. Imagine Kareem and Wilt in the 90's, they'd still be great.

Sccit

« Reply #8242 on: June 27, 2013, 11:23:06 PM »
Laker News:

-Lakers draft Ryan Kelly in 2nd round
-Phil Jackson reportedly reached out to by Laker management
-Mark Madsen joins coaching staff (phil jackson guy :laugh:)

Sccit

« Reply #8243 on: June 30, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »
-Lakers waive Chris Duhon
-Dwight meets with Houston Rockets and Hakeem
-Phil Jackson tweets at Dwight @dwighthoward “i’m going up to the country going to paint my mailbox blue.” While i’m there I expect to see you get on board
tis ur place

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8244 on: July 02, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »
lol you think anyone really wants to live out in houston? or dallas?

dwight isnt going anywhere.
Houston is a nice city.

dont you live in LA, how are you going to say houston is anywhere close to it.

if it isnt LA or NYC i woudlnt live in the US, mayb chicago or miami but thats far fetched, after that itll be Rome/Venice/Florence/Milan (basically italy), Shanghai, Barcelona, Seoul, and mayb london

houston is a crap city, ive been there a lot, weathers horrible, not much to do there. and city is a bit barren.

no offense to houston native that will see this, i do love the big portions of food there and galveston, but i much rather be in LA, NYC, anywhere in italy, shanghai, or seoul.

id seriously hate my life if i lived there, meaning that if i had to move there as of right now, if i grew up there it might be another thing. lol i bet the best top notch sushi place in houston probably would still sell rolls, lmao.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8245 on: July 02, 2013, 04:50:42 PM »
Ideal Roster Next Year

Howard/Hill
Gasol/Clark
Artest/Delfino
Kobe/Young
Nash/Farmar

i doubt we grab young or we would want to buy out farmer

but we need PROVEN youth.

Asani Waye

« Reply #8246 on: July 02, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »
I doubt we could pick up farmar because he is getting paid more overseas, but I think we can scoop up young.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8247 on: July 02, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »
I doubt we could pick up farmar because he is getting paid more overseas, but I think we can scoop up young.

he wants to come to the lakers and get bought out, but its just on the lakers if they want to.

but everything is basically on hold till dwight makes a decision which means sasha and farmar would be the only ones left lol

Sccit

« Reply #8248 on: July 02, 2013, 06:59:52 PM »
-Earl Clark visiting Cleveland
-Sasha Vujacic wants to come back to the Lakers

Sccit