Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278984 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8280 on: July 18, 2013, 01:20:01 PM »
my ideal 15 for this season would be

Nash/Farmar/Goudlocke
Kobe/Sasha/Meeks
Young/Wesley/CDR
Hill/Odom/Kelly
Gasol/Kaman/Sacre

i want blake gone. meeks to, but hes alright at 3rd string SG, dude fell off pretty hard after his stint with philly

SO BASICALLY, SIGN ODOM, SASHA, CDR, AND GOUDELOCK AND WE'RE GOOD TO GO......VERY DOABLE 8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8281 on: July 18, 2013, 01:55:46 PM »
This + Bynum was a great team 5 years ago. 5 years later not so much.

Sccit

« Reply #8282 on: July 18, 2013, 01:59:27 PM »
NOW WE'RE RUNNING A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SYSTEM WITH PLAYERS TAILOR-MADE FOR OUR STYLE.....JORDAN FARMAR, NICK YOUNG, AND WESLEY JOHNSON WILL FLOURISH IN AN UP-TEMPO OFFENSE. PAU BOUT TO COME OUT SMASHIN WIT SOMETHIN TO PROVE, AS WELL. KOBE GOIN FOR 22-10 ON A TEAM WITH PLAYERS WHO CAN SCORE IS SCARY.

BYNUM WAS PLAYIN INJURED WHEN WE WON IT ALL....A HEALTHY KAMAN > A HOBBLING BYNUM

NOT SAYIN WE WINNIN IT ALL, BUT WE WILL MAKE NOISE...MARK IT.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #8283 on: July 18, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »
This + Bynum was a great team 5 years ago. 5 years later not so much.

i dont know what everyone on this forum is getting down on.

this isn't a team molded for contention and its known, if we make a run we make a run, but we made moves much better  than what i expected.

we got younger, something we'd aimed for ever since we got swept in 2011.

we got a solid young team, young but all veterans. with kobe bryany and pau. getting odom would just bring nostalgia

if the team stayed the same and no changes i probably wouldnt be so interested in these games, but this team is intriguing and dope to see how it all goes

kind of reminds me of that 07-08 team, yes without a bynum of course, but even with acquiring pau we were still slept on this year, not saying we're gonna go to the finals or anything, let alone WCF, but i think we can make it to the 2nd round if the chemistry is there.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8284 on: July 20, 2013, 04:37:30 PM »

Nash/Farmar/Goudlocke
Kobe/Sasha/Meeks
Young/Wesley/CDR
Hill/Odom/Kelly
Gasol/Kaman/Sacre

i want blake gone. meeks to, but hes alright at 3rd string SG, dude fell off pretty hard after his stint with philly

SO BASICALLY, SIGN ODOM, SASHA, CDR, AND GOUDELOCK AND WE'RE GOOD TO GO......VERY DOABLE 8)
Sign everyone the Lakers already got rid of. Yeah that's a good strategy. ::)

Sccit

« Reply #8285 on: July 20, 2013, 05:32:25 PM »

Nash/Farmar/Goudlocke
Kobe/Sasha/Meeks
Young/Wesley/CDR
Hill/Odom/Kelly
Gasol/Kaman/Sacre

PLAYERS WHO WE WON A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH, SON...NOT THAT BAD OF A STRATEGY WHEN THERE ARE NO BIG NAMES AVAILABLE.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8286 on: July 20, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »

Nash/Farmar/Goudlocke
Kobe/Sasha/Meeks
Young/Wesley/CDR
Hill/Odom/Kelly
Gasol/Kaman/Sacre

PLAYERS WHO WE WON A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH, SON...NOT THAT BAD OF A STRATEGY WHEN THERE ARE NO BIG NAMES AVAILABLE.
The Lakers didn't win with CDR or Goudelock. Vujacic was good when 08 (a contract year), but was terrible during the championship years. Odom makes sense if he can get his head out of his ass.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8287 on: July 20, 2013, 08:57:28 PM »

Nash/Farmar/Goudlocke
Kobe/Sasha/Meeks
Young/Wesley/CDR
Hill/Odom/Kelly
Gasol/Kaman/Sacre

The Lakers didn't win with CDR or Goudelock. Vujacic was good when 08 (a contract year), but was terrible during the championship years. Odom makes sense if he can get his head out of his ass.

why not? its not like we have anything to lose this upcoming season

Sccit

« Reply #8288 on: July 20, 2013, 09:26:05 PM »
Don't trip, teddy is a known pessimist

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8289 on: July 21, 2013, 10:52:50 AM »
How am I a pessimist? CDR, Goudelock and Vujacic aren't going to do shit for the Lakers. The Lakers should just sign Odom or take a gamble on an unknown.

Sccit

« Reply #8290 on: July 21, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »
How am I a pessimist? CDR, Goudelock and Vujacic aren't going to do shit for the Lakers. The Lakers should just sign Odom or take a gamble on an unknown.

I LIKE ALL 3 OF THOSE PLAYERS AS BACKUPS...SHIT, AT THIS POINT, THEY MAY ALL BE BETTER THAN ODOM. CDR, I FEEL, COULD BE A 15-20 PPG DUDE IN THE RIGHT SITUATION.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:17:40 PM by NIKCC »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8291 on: July 22, 2013, 03:11:10 AM »

Farmar
Vujacic
Wesley
Odom
Kaman

is bench mob part 2

Sccit

« Reply #8292 on: July 22, 2013, 10:21:06 AM »

Farmar
Vujacic
Wesley
Odom
Kaman

is bench mob part 2

better than some starting fives

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8293 on: July 25, 2013, 08:51:52 PM »
Get ready to see a lot of these plays if Kobe comes back next year:

Sccit

« Reply #8294 on: July 27, 2013, 10:30:04 AM »
Lakers sign Elias Harris to a two-year contract

Brett Pollakoff Jul 27, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT

The Lakers had Elias Harris on their Summer League roster, an undrafted rookie out of Gonzaga who showed flashes of potential on both ends of the floor.

Needing to round out the roster with some minimum salary players, the team decided that what Harris brings to the table was enough to earn him a partially guaranteed deal that could last up to two seasons.

From Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times:

Harris received a yet-to-be-disclosed, partial guarantee on his salary of $490,180 in his first season with the team. His second year, at $816,482, is not believed to be guaranteed.

Once the Lakers sign rookie Ryan Kelly (48th pick in the draft), the roster will be 13 deep. The team will probably carry more than the maximum of 15 into training camp.

The second year is likely a team option, and one that Harris will have the opportunity to earn given the team’s need to fill those slots at the end of the roster with young and inexpensive talent.

In five Summer League appearances, Harris averaged 10.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/27/lakers-sign-elias-harris-to-a-two-year-contract/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

THIS MIGHT MEAN NO ODOM :-\