Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 284455 times)

polepositon

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8310 on: November 23, 2013, 04:00:10 AM »
Finally watched a laker game and Uhun. Sloppy. Work in progress for sure. Hopefully, for the better

Sccit

« Reply #8311 on: November 23, 2013, 03:21:58 PM »
Finally watched a laker game and Uhun. Sloppy. Work in progress for sure. Hopefully, for the better

we played good, shitted on golden state, a top team in the west

polepositon

« Reply #8312 on: November 23, 2013, 03:27:45 PM »
Everytime I looked up, they were kicking the ball. I mean, they played so so. If that's a top team, then, that's good we won..I still don't like how they transition down the... So, slowish..but, ill have to be a little more attentive. I was cooking steaks and clowning around.

Sccit

« Reply #8313 on: November 27, 2013, 11:55:58 AM »
we shoulda won last night

brooklyn tonight

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8314 on: November 27, 2013, 01:54:08 PM »

They didn't have Curry, though.

Sccit

« Reply #8315 on: November 27, 2013, 03:28:37 PM »

and we didnt have kobe, whats ur point?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8316 on: November 27, 2013, 09:41:43 PM »

and we didnt have kobe, whats ur point?

It's the classic argument of Laker haters. Kendrick Perkins wasn't there, well neither was Andrew Bynum. Someone tried to argue with me that the Lakers were better with Gasol/Odom as the frontcourt so no Bynum should matter, without looking at depth charts and match ups. Now it's, there as no Steph Curry, well Kobe hasn't touched the court all year. What ifs aren't worth shit. Lakers beat the Warriors and that's the bottom line. Thirty years from now, people will just see the Lakers winning game 7 in 2010, and another win in the 2013-2014 season.

Sccit

« Reply #8317 on: November 28, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »
nice win over brooklyn, tho it shoulda never came down to that

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8318 on: November 30, 2013, 06:34:34 AM »
What you guys think about Wes Johnson? Just picked him up on my fantasy team :) Been watching him all year, has potential to be a great glue/hustle player with bkls, stls, 3s and decent rebounds and points. Finally had a breakout game tonight. I've read that D'Antoni envisions him as a Shaw Marion type of player. I wonder how Kobe's return will affect him and if he's gonna be an important piece to the Lakers squad for the whole season.

Sccit

« Reply #8319 on: November 30, 2013, 12:16:02 PM »
wes johnson is nice...our best perimeter defender, most athletic laker, and one of the better strokes on the team. it's all comin together for dude...and kobe's return will open things up for wes. but we got a gang of perimeter players, so dont expect big scoring nights from him all the time. big games will continue being alternated between nick yong, wes johnson, xavier henry, jodie meeks, and shawne williams...blocks, threes, and steals will be there for wes, tho

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8320 on: November 30, 2013, 01:01:40 PM »
Yeah, definitely not expecting 27 points from him. More like around10-12 but with hustle stats. Dude is mad athletic, he just needs to put that into actual use on the court, which he finally might have achieved these past few weeks in a Laker uniform. I'm thinking once Kobe's back, Meeks, Young and Henry will fight for the remaining SG minutes, while Wes and Williams for the SF and imo, Wes is a much better player and fits D'Antoni style more. He really reminds me of a 08-09 Ariza as far as his role on the team or more recently, a last year Metta.

Lakers are a fun team to watch this year.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 01:04:10 PM by Meho »

Sccit

« Reply #8321 on: November 30, 2013, 01:16:23 PM »
Yeah, definitely not expecting 27 points from him. More like around10-12 but with hustle stats. Dude is mad athletic, he just needs to put that into actual use on the court, which he finally might have achieved these past few weeks in a Laker uniform. I'm thinking once Kobe's back, Meeks, Young and Henry will fight for the remaining SG minutes, while Wes and Williams for the SF and imo, Wes is a much better player and fits D'Antoni style more. He really reminds me of a 08-09 Ariza as far as his role on the team or more recently, a last year Metta.

REAL SHIT...09 ARIZA WAS THE PERFECT COMPARISON

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8322 on: December 09, 2013, 04:01:59 AM »

did you have fun last night?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8323 on: December 09, 2013, 09:08:03 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJV9xHHn5n0?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJV9xHHn5n0?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

I know he looked really rusty, but I'm glad Kobe's back. Plus, the fact they played Darth Vader's theme for him to walk into was pretty cool. I had Kobe as Sith Lord on my avatar for a long time because of all the hate he got from the mainstream. Just a little reminder, Kobe is no nice guy.

Sccit

« Reply #8324 on: December 09, 2013, 09:34:51 AM »

did you have fun last night?

we all did 8)