Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 279038 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2005, 04:15:32 PM »
 ;D
NO MORE WAR

PLANT

« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2005, 04:41:09 PM »
See Nik, stats speak for themselves.  Kobe is a great player but LeBron is the real deal and the Cavs are winning and will be in the playoffs.  Kobe will have another good year, but when round one of the playoffs starts, Ill be watching LeBron while smoking the bag of weed you send me. You, will just be wishing that the Lakers woulda made the playoffs and wishing you still had that 8th to releive the pain haha 8)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2005, 05:53:23 PM »
I don't have anything to say about the bickering between Nik and Antonio and that ridiculous Lebron > Kobe statement. Wait until Lebron wins a championship before making the comparison.

As far as the Lakers season is concerned, I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed but I am. I did predict a .500 record by January 1 and they're not far off the pace that I predicted in the preseason.

I do see some good things happening in the last few games.
The Lakers are moving the ball much better on offense.
Even though Kobe was 9/30 in yesterday's game, he only forced a few shots, unlike the last road trip, where he was forcing the issue.
Luke's return helps the Lakers run the triangle more efficiently. Also I see an improved jump shot. If he can learn to not suck defensively, he could be a Rick Fox player for us.
Devean's return means improved D hopefully.
Sasha has improved, although he has yet to convince me that he isn't pure garbage.

There are still glaring problems such as:
Injuries. Kwame is the only Laker big that can deny post position. LO, Chris Mihm and Brian Cook are incapable of denying position. This was exposed yesterday by Melvin Eli, who looked like Karl Malone yesterday against the Lakers big men defenders.
The Lakers have looked tired in the last few games. They are a young team, it's way too early in the season for fatigue to kick in.
Smush and Sasha are not defending the pick and roll properly. They're going under the screen which enables guys like Troy Hudson to look like AI. They need to get better at fighting over screens.
Basically the Lakers' defense is poor at this point. They need to get it together at this point.
The Lakers are having trouble retaining focus, which allows teams to get back in the game after being down.

What I'm seeing is the Lakers gainging more of a grasp of the Triangle. This team doesn't have the talent of the Shaq led lakers or the Jordan led Bulls but there is no reason why we can't be competitive and make the playoffs. Our offensive coming together is a positive sign. We need to get our guys healthy, role players need to step up so Kobe and LO don't have to log so many minutes and we need to tighten up the team defense.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2005, 06:36:27 PM »
Of course Lebrons numbers havent jumped heaps... he actually got some team mates this year... thats where the stats have gone!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2005, 03:05:21 PM »
Fuck that? Kobe is closer to Jordan than LeBron is to Kobe...LeBron hasn't even improved this year yet. In fact, his rebounds, assists, and steals are down from last year... ::)

Matter of fact:
JAMES 5.8 RBP > BRYANT 5.3 RBP
JAMES 4.8 APG > BRYANT 4.1 APG
JAMES 1.56 SPG > BRYANT SPG 1.19

Matter of fact:
BRYANT 2005/06 5.3 RPG < BRYANT 2004/05 5.9 RPG
BRYANT 2005/06 4.1 APG < BRYANT 2004/05 6.0 APG
BRYANT 2005/06 1.19 SPG < BRYANT 2004/05 1.30 SPG

Stop being stupid, please.

What the fuck is your point? Did I say Kobe was playing the best basketball of his career currently? LMAO...I was saying that LeBron has declined in stats this season and that Kobe was the better player...More proof that you're a hater. Get off my nuts and keep the Lakers (and my dick) out ya mouth like you said you would... :-*

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2005, 03:08:49 PM »
See Nik, stats speak for themselves.  Kobe is a great player but LeBron is the real deal and the Cavs are winning and will be in the playoffs.  Kobe will have another good year, but when round one of the playoffs starts, Ill be watching LeBron while smoking the bag of weed you send me. You, will just be wishing that the Lakers woulda made the playoffs and wishing you still had that 8th to releive the pain haha 8)

LOL...Only time will prove me right. Lakers are in a bad situation. Nothing has come into place yet and when it does, this whole board will remember what I've been saying all along...Lebron, on the other hand, hasn't played in the playoffs as of yet... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2005, 03:12:34 PM »
Of course Lebrons numbers havent jumped heaps... he actually got some team mates this year... thats where the stats have gone!

That means his assists should rise and has nothing to do with his impressive rebounding falling off...

acbaylove

« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2005, 05:06:38 PM »
You guys shut the fuck up. Leave Nik the stage for his show.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2005, 10:46:23 PM »
I just gotta say,Props too Smush Parker on getting those 7 steals Last night :o  that's the most Steals a Laker has had in 1 game sinse 1996 & the Most Steals a Player has had in the NBA this season 8)

Smush Made T.J. Ford his Bitch Last night ;D  And Sasha is playing solid defene too & hitting some 3's..And LAmar is starting to play better lately(Almost avg a triple Double the last 5 games).Hopefully we could keep this up.We got The Raptors tomorrow,that's a "W" ;D

Highlights  Lakers vs Bucks

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/recaps/recap_251_lalmil.asx#

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2005, 11:38:46 PM »
Propz to the Lakers on there win. 8)
Hopefully, come Februry this will be the Laker team we see on the court every game.
Some cats had some crazy games.
Kobe- 58%
Smush-  7 steals :o
Odom- 24, 9 and 8. (don't think this is just a winter trend) Can never quite get that triple double. Haters sit down.

When your starting 5 are playing this good, the bench dosn't need to do too much. ;)

It's a shame I didn't get to see the game. ESPN highlights :o

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2005, 08:14:25 AM »
Iit's not that hard to average over 30 points when you average like 30 shots and 10 free throws per game  :P

LeBron is the King. Get Shaq in his prime on the Cavs and they win 5 titles in a row.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2005, 03:13:39 PM »
Iit's not that hard to average over 30 points when you average like 30 shots and 10 free throws per game  :P

LeBron is the King. Get Shaq in his prime on the Cavs and they win 5 titles in a row.

Kobe took 24 shots last night, you moron...He ended up with 33. LMFFFAO@A king who hasn't seen the playoffs, let alone worn the crown.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2005, 05:48:57 AM »

Kobe took 24 shots last night, you moron...He ended up with 33. LMFFFAO@A king who hasn't seen the playoffs, let alone worn the crown.

Don't be a dumbass.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2005, 04:09:27 PM »

Don't be a dumbass.

Don't be a dumbass? Is it not true? Your "king" has NEVER worn the crown...Kobe 9 assists in 3 quarters of play. Stop the madness.