Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278893 times)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2005, 10:28:26 PM »
personally, i think Shaq will have a better chance of winning another title than Kobe if he's healthy

the west is a hard conference (not what it used to be, but still difficult), u got the Mavs, Suns, Spurs...the Lakers have little chance against teams like that, even with the possible addition of Chris Bosh i can't see them winning the title...definately improving tho

Kobe wouldn't of won those championships without Shaq and vice versa, i think they both know that.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 10:44:43 PM by OUW OUW PICK ME! PICK ME! »

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #241 on: December 09, 2005, 10:43:45 PM »
Kobe is a great player, no doubt about that. but he's not on MJ's level, and i dont think he will ever be.

Jordan was 1 of a kind, Lebron will never be on his level either...

Jordan >> Kobe > Pippen

I know some of you will think I'm crazy for comparing Kobe to Pippen, but it makes sense

Kobe Career Stats - 22.6 PPG, 4.5 Assists, 5.1 Rebounds, 45% FG, 2.8 TO, 1.4 Steals

Pippen Career Stats - 16.1 PPG, 5.2 Assists, 6.4 Rebounds, 47.3% FG, 2.8 TO, 2.0 Steals

think about this one too, the year Jordan retired, Pippen took the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals where they would lose in 7 games to the knicks in the 93-94 season

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

acbaylove

« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2005, 04:00:36 AM »
Props on the Lakers for the 4 wins streak. Like expected, they're starting to play like a fucking team, Odom is starting to step up, and Cook is on fire.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2005, 04:06:55 AM »
yo Antonio, u think Phil's gonna give Kwame back his spot?

that scrub don't deserve shit.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #244 on: December 10, 2005, 05:11:37 AM »
yo Antonio, u think Phil's gonna give Kwame back his spot?

that scrub don't deserve shit.

From a Laker perspective, you better hope not so.

I expect Kwame to start again, but his minutes might go down to like 20 per game. Cook is definitely contributing more as of now, no question about it.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #245 on: December 10, 2005, 06:07:42 AM »
Plus Bynum is getting a good minutage and he's getting some confidence. Damn!

rik

« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2005, 01:32:10 PM »
I think Kwame will get his starting spot back but if he doesn't step up he will lose it very quickly. Plus I like the line up Phil put out against the Bucks.

acbaylove

« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2005, 06:04:09 PM »
Yeah Brown's injury basically helped us giving Sasha Vujacic, Brian Cook and Andrew Bynum a good minutage. Hopefully Odom will continue to start at PF with Vujacic SG and Brown in the bench.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2005, 09:27:07 PM »
If you say I just want attention, you at the same time give me props, cause if was out for attention, I'd defnitely be a successful motherfucker who achieves his goals.  :D

Anyways, Kobe has never won a crown without Shaq, and as soon as Shaq's gone he won't even make the playoffs, so stop all that Championship talk it annoys the hell out of me. Horry is not better than Malone, end of story.
Kobe had a great start this season, but all in all he doesn't impress me too much. He's turned into Allen Iverson. Hardly playoffs with team+lots of shots+lots of points. Only that Iverson still takes less shots and makes more points. And has more assists. And has MVP titles.

LMAO...You're a disgrace to basketball, the way you think. Jordan never won titles without Pippen, Magic never won titles without Kareem, Billups never won titles without Ben Wallace. What's your point? Seriously man, you're making no sense...Look at how Kobe takes charge, look at how the players on the Lakers are learning their role, look at how Kobe can have 11 points and the Lakers can still shit on the Bucks. You think the fucking Sixers can win if Iverson scores only 11 points? Kobe, even his presence on the court, is great. Much greater than Iverson or LeBron will ever know. Kobe is a natural born leader, he loves to compete, he loves to lead. It's in his blood...Kobe is a winner. LeBron has not done enough in his career yet to be up there with the likes of Kobe and Jordan...When he does accomplish shit and has SOMETHING under his belt, maybe then we can talk about it...But for now, your sig is simply a disgrace, and you need to understand that from a basketball fans stand-point...PeACe

Doggystylin

« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2005, 09:29:40 PM »
Lakers really sucked a fat one tonight, and no minutes for bynum... :(

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2005, 09:33:26 PM »
It's all a matter of the team for chrissakes.. not even Jordan woulda won a championship with the current Atlanta Hawks. Lol. In other works, Championships don't make you the better player. It's really not that hard of a concept to grab, but you Kobelovers act like you don't see that, cause rings is the only thing in which Kobe is ahead of LeBron. I'm not even a Shaq fan, not at all. I just think it's funny how Lakerfans stab the man in the back that has made your team what it was in the late 90s/early 00s

And don't ignore that Iverson part, cause that is as valid as it can get.

You're a moron. It's not the rings, it's what he's done to get to those rings...All the blood, sweat, tears. Rings don't make someone great, that's a known fact...Who knows if LeBron woulda held his, who knows if he woulda had those SPECTACULAR 4th quarters to save the Lakers if he was in Kobes shoes, who knows if the Lakers woulda won 3 straight if it was Shaq & LeBron...As of yet, he hasn't been there, so it would be ridiculous to place them in the same category. Get why your sig is a disgrace to basketball yet?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #251 on: December 10, 2005, 09:38:02 PM »
Lakers will make the Play Offs,

LMFAO...Lakers start winning, you're back on the bandwaggon again...Just like I predicted...LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2005, 09:44:24 PM »
personally, i think Shaq will have a better chance of winning another title than Kobe if he's healthy

the west is a hard conference (not what it used to be, but still difficult), u got the Mavs, Suns, Spurs...the Lakers have little chance against teams like that, even with the possible addition of Chris Bosh i can't see them winning the title...definately improving tho

Kobe wouldn't of won those championships without Shaq and vice versa, i think they both know that.

Are you kidding me? Not only would the addition of Chris Bosh automatically make the Lakers contenders, but the development of Andrew Bynum is gunna be great as well. Smush, Kobe, Odom, Bosh, Bynum. There will be no team better...The 2007 plan basically gaurantees the Lakers will be contenders again soon.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #253 on: December 10, 2005, 09:50:25 PM »
Lakers really sucked a fat one tonight, and no minutes for bynum... :(

Yea, I'm glad Kwame didn't start, cuz then we'd have people like Antonio automatically talkin' shit and blaming him. I hope Kwame has the will to utilize his talents and earn his starting spot+minutes back. I'm actually willing to be patient this season. I'm willing to give him a chance, I'm willing to let him progress. I have faith that he will earn his starting spot back real soon with some great play...PeACe

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #254 on: December 10, 2005, 11:52:38 PM »
look at how Kobe can have 11 points and the Lakers can still shit on the Bucks. You think the fucking Sixers can win if Iverson scores only 11 points? Kobe, even his presence on the court, is great. Much greater than Iverson or LeBron will ever know. Kobe is a natural born leader, he loves to compete, he loves to lead. It's in his blood...Kobe is a winner.

That's some real shit right there..Lebron scored 52 tonight and the cavs still LOST :laugh:

tHE SAME GOES WITH IVERSON,,If he doesn't score,the team sucks...and the sixers are 9-11...so,he aint got shit on kobe...

And Lebron and shaq would of never won championships together b/c Lebron would of ask too be traded...Shaq has the biggest fucking ego,he doesn't like anyone else to get their shine on.

When Phil & Tex Winter came too the Lakers in 1999 they were shock & surpriced too learn the hatred & jealousy shaq had for kobe,All b/c kobe was the new upcoming star & he was really popular & a exciting player too watch & the Next jordan and all that...And shaq hated that shit.

And we all learned a couple of months ago about shaq slapping kobe in the head during practice in that 50 game season when kobe became the starter after that E.Jones trade B/c shaq felt kobe was showing him off during practice...What a faggot shaq is.

The only reason kobe never asked for a trade is b/c kobe 1 day wanted to be the franchise player of the GREAT Los Angeles Lakers.  (And Jerry West Told him "We need you too win championships" ;D)

So Lebron would of been like "Fuck you Shaq i aint putting up with your shit,i'm out".Shaq is just a Fag,He had problems with Penny & then Kobe & Last season complained about not getting the Ball enough in the 4rth quarter and how He "Din't like offence in the 4rth quarter"  (That was a shot at D,Wade,but the media never made a big deal about it,,,hmmmm  i wonder why?)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 11:54:38 PM by Lakers Run L.A & Dubcc.com Sports Section :) »