Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278961 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #315 on: December 23, 2005, 10:31:23 AM »
Anyone else besdies me concerned about tonight's game? I hope the Lakers aren't looking past the Magic and ahead to Sunday's game.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #316 on: December 23, 2005, 11:20:41 AM »
I'm not concerned...It's gunna be a tough game with the up-and-coming Magic, but I'm not concerned. With Hill back and healthy and Dwight playing like a beast, this game should be tough, tougher than the Washington and Houston games, but the Lakers should pull through...Look for Lamar to have a big game and Kwame to give you his typical 7-7...The key though is good defence, I believe...

acbaylove

« Reply #317 on: December 23, 2005, 07:14:15 PM »
Another W for the Lakers.

Lakers 15-11 record.
Heat 15-11 record.

Can't wait for the next match. 8)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #318 on: December 23, 2005, 08:26:45 PM »
Another W for the Lakers.

Lakers 15-11 record.
Heat 15-11 record.

Can't wait for the next match. 8)

The heat lost tonight and allowed Vince Carter too score 51 points lol :laugh: (Great Job on "D"  D.Wack)

The Lakers go in too the Xmas Game with the better record. :rock:

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #319 on: December 24, 2005, 11:19:21 AM »
I'm not concerned...It's gunna be a tough game with the up-and-coming Magic, but I'm not concerned. With Hill back and healthy and Dwight playing like a beast, this game should be tough, tougher than the Washington and Houston games, but the Lakers should pull through...Look for Lamar to have a big game and Kwame to give you his typical 7-7...The key though is good defence, I believe...

You were right, great win by the Lakers. They really looked focused out there.

Now let's get that win against Miami!
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

acbaylove

« Reply #320 on: December 25, 2005, 05:09:08 PM »
Pretty good game against the Heat. I gotta give Odom hella props, cause he totally dominated the game on the defensive end. Offensivly he still makes a lot of bad decisions, he never uses the right hand and he shoots too much from 3pts), but he's stepping up. He did overall and amazing performance, i'm impressed. Brown had a good game too, defensivly. Shaq abused him in the first 5 minutes of the 1st and 3rd quarter, but then he started to defend pretty well. Offensivly he's shit. I gotta give hella props to Cook too. Oustanding game, once again. Props to George too, for them two 3 pointers at the end. Vujacic and Parker had an horrible night. Mihm too (too many stupid fouls, like usual). Overall i'm happy about the performance. We lost in Miami, in a close game, in Shaq's zone. Give Mourning to those Lakers and they are contenders.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 05:11:26 PM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #321 on: December 25, 2005, 07:32:57 PM »
LOL...The game was ours. Lakers had a chance to really open things up and take a huge lead in the 3rd quarter. They kept letting Miami stay close, and it came back to haunt them in the 4th...I'm not extremely disappointed, however, because I believe the Lakers played like shit and still maintained themselves and kept close all the way through...Look for Kwame to have a big game tomorrow @ Washington...Lakers by 10 or more, no less.

wcsoldier

« Reply #322 on: December 26, 2005, 12:48:12 AM »
We lost this game in the 3rd quarter when Miami shooting was horrible. We could build a 10 pt lead but we had some turnovers (include  in a 3 vs 2 fastbreak) we missed some easy baskets. We lost but I'm confident cause we had a lot of heart.

acbaylove

« Reply #323 on: December 26, 2005, 02:37:45 AM »
we had some turnovers (include  in a 3 vs 2 fastbreak)

Smush Parker's fault there.

acbaylove

« Reply #324 on: December 26, 2005, 05:06:48 AM »
Vujacic: i know him pretty well, since he has played a pair of years here in Italy. He's embarassing in defence cause he technically defends like he's still playing here in Italy. He's too aggressive when he doesnt have to. In the first part of the defence he's too aggressive. You can't defend everytime on the ball against Wade, man. You can't be serious! He defends too near the other player, and on these levels he can't do it. He can do it in Italy, not in the NBA with Wade. He should learn how to make team defence. He ain't smart enought in defence. Wade is known for not having a good jumpshot and for being a killer with the crossover. So what's the point defending him so aggressive on the ball? Shit, he looked dumb. He has good personality, but he gotta understand that the NBA is different from Italy.

Odom: he only uses one hand: the left. He totally can't use the right one. It's 4 years and running that they're trying to work on this problem (even Pippen tried it), but he just can't use the right. In offence he always goes left, he always dribble by going left, he always shoots by using the left. Shit, he even blocks by using the left hand when he arrives from the right/wack side. If he learns how to use the right hand he can be one of the top 7-8 players in the NBA, easly. Defensivly he stepped up since the last time i've seen him. Yesterday he totally destroyed Shaq AND Wade with his team defence. His movements in defence made Wade hesitant for 1-2 seconds everytime, giving Parker (horrible game) or Kobe the time to recover from his crossovers. And under the basket he dominated by grabbing 12 defensive rebounds (+ 4 offensive ones). He looked like Horry, yesterday. In defence i mean. Impressive performance. He always doubled inside, always took position to take charges, and he never lost his man. I don't want Lakers to trade him for Artest no more, cause if he can defend like that every game, i can live without him being a good offensive player. Oh, somebody please tell him he can't shoot from 3pts, lol. His arch is too low and he's too slow making that movement. He should learn it from Cook. Cook was a good shooter in college, but he totally built an amazing shoot in the NBA, by working on it 24/7. Odom can do it too.

Cook: he can't take his man one on one on defence. He's great taking charges, but he tries that movement too much. Yesterday he tried it 5 times. The result? 5 easy dribbles and lay-ups by Wade and Payton. He gotta leave the wack side only when necessary, not everytime. Other than that his shoot is now automatic and fast as hell. He's easly our best shooter. Thank God Brown got injured. He blew the fuck up.

Parker: i've seen hella better performances by him. But one thing i noticed. He switches too much in defence. He can do it 2-3 times, not everytimes. But like i said i think it was just a bad performance. He's a pretty good one on one defender, even if Wade and Payton schooled him yesterday.

Brown: the body is there. He made 2-3 good foot movements too. But he looks unmotivated. Like if he doesn't care about the game he's playing. I dunno how to explain it. He made a mistake against Shaq after a great foot move and he spent 2-3 seconds talking with the referee and raising his hands against the sky. The result? Shaq dunked on the other side without Brown defending him. Anyway he defent pretty well against Shaq. Shaq received the ball always 4 meters away from the basket, and he always shot from there, without going more inside, cause Brown put his body there. Shaq played like shit anyway, i don't believe he fell the fuck off like that. I think he was just injured or something. But Brown, after Shaq abused him in the first 5 mins and Phil benched him, defent pretty well against his fat ass. When you have to put a body against a player like Shaq, Brown is a good option.

Mihm: foul prone. Nothing to add.

Kobe: missed 2 crucial FT attemps at the end. But other than that he had a great night. He abused Payton with the fadeaway jumpshot, lol. Like Avery Johnson said, it looked like he was just in the gym all alone praticing his moves.

Anyway like i said give those Lakers a good center (even Mourning, lol) and they are contenders.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 05:23:09 AM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #325 on: December 26, 2005, 11:12:15 AM »
Let me point out a few things...

Vujacic is young...His development has been rapid. I actually expected him to be in the NBDL this time of year...Give him some time and he'll be something. Of course he still makes a lot of mistakes, but he's gunna be an important part of the Lakers future...

Odom hasn't been shooting as many 3's lately, but this game he just went back to depending on that 3 too much. I would like to see him shoot two 3's a game at most, not 5. Remember, his 3 point shot is pretty good at 34%. Actually, one of the better 3 point shooters on the Lakers...He just needs to develop a consistant mid-range jumper and perfect his drive to the hoop. You easily have a potentially top 10 player in Odom...He just doesn't use his mind so much, even though his talent still shines through...

Cook has impressed. The best on the Lakers at taking the charge (although that could be a bad thing for a 6'9" power forward). He knows his positioning on the court, and has a deadly outside shot. He kinda reminds me of a Sam Perkins typa' player...I'm glad he signed an extension with us this summer.

Parker is also still learning the NBA game. He's shown us he can be big and he's shown us that he can disappoint as well...Offensively, when he gets into a rythym he's dangerous, but when he's not in his rythym, he is too reluctant and barely shoots. His turnover-steal ratio is good, he even had 3 steals last night, despite his lackluster performance...He just needs to play more consistantly on the offensive end...

Kwame...well, what can I say? Kwame will be Kwame. We know he can play but does he know himself? I remember the 2004 season, where he was basically the leader of the Wizards. Washington was in his palm, he was quickly progressing (quicker than draft-mates Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler). He was said to be the future of the NBA and everyone was becoming proud of him as the 1st pick...He showed us he could play with the elite big-men. Webber, Brand, Garnett, Duncan...He outlplayed them all that year. He actually had a month where he averaged like 20-15 (or something like that). Then his confidence somehow shot back down to where it was in his rookie season, and his next season with Washington was a disaster. Now it's as if he's a rookie again in LA...If he can bring himself to play to full potential, we don't need a washed up Mourning to be contenders...We can be contenders with THIS VERY roster. Kwame is splitting minutes with Mihm at center, he can DOMINATE the power forward position if he gives it his all, if he stops "rooking" it...

Mihm is such a smart player...I think it's pretty obvious that the refs pick of him WAYYY too much. I think just his name alone reminds the refs at the beginning that they need to call fouls on him because he is "foul prone"...Do you not see what I'm seeing? These ridiculous touch fouls being called on Mihm, most of the time it's not even a foul. It hurts the team drastically... if Mihm can gain the respect of the refs and stay on the court for longer, the Lakers will have the center position on lock with Mihm and Kwame splitting the time...

Kobe is Kobe, I don't need to comment on him...Decent game by him, I just think he needs to work on his 3ball a little more this year. You say Odom can't shoot the 3, but he has a much better percentage than Kobe...0-8, I think he needs to practice that 3, cuz he has everything else down perfectly...

If Miami are contenders, so are the Lakers...These Lakers playing at their best are better than the Miami Heat IMO. It showed yesterday, the Lakers were playing shitty offense and BARELY had 2nd chance points, but still maintained themselves and kept close throughout the game...I can't wait to watch this team come March. I'm excited with what Phil Jackson has planned...

wcsoldier

« Reply #326 on: December 26, 2005, 12:36:32 PM »
Don't you think Phil should give Cook more minutes?(18 min per game) I mean when Kobe is double teamed, Cook can hit  these open shots. Like it has been said he has a automatic and very good shoot(he's at 50%) and he's one of the few Lakers who can make these mid range jumpers.When Odom and Parker struggles, Cook can be the solution to help Kobe on the offensive side.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #327 on: December 26, 2005, 12:58:54 PM »
Cooks been getting more minutes than ever...I think Phil is using him wonderfuly and splitting the minutes between Cook, Odom, and Kwame at power forward wonderfuly. As the season progresses, he will see more minutes at power forward and Kwame will see more minutes at center. That will leave Lamar to freely play the 3 spot without having to switch between the 3 and 4 constantly. That should really help the Lakers out and they WILL be an awesome team to watch in the playoffs...

acbaylove

« Reply #328 on: December 26, 2005, 06:33:36 PM »
Mihm is such a smart player...I think it's pretty obvious that the refs pick of him WAYYY too much. I think just his name alone reminds the refs at the beginning that they need to call fouls on him because he is "foul prone"...Do you not see what I'm seeing? These ridiculous touch fouls being called on Mihm, most of the time it's not even a foul. It hurts the team drastically... if Mihm can gain the respect of the refs and stay on the court for longer, the Lakers will have the center position on lock with Mihm and Kwame splitting the time...

Yeah. At least 2 times Shaq punched him in the face and the referee called it a defensive foul against Mihm, i've noticed it too. I've missed some Laker games recently, but it's like that from the start of the season, nothing new. The fact is that he had 3 fouls in the mid of the 2nd quarter, and he made another one later in the quarter. We need him 35-40 minutes a game, not 15. I'm not blaming him or shit, but he gotta try to do something about it.

If Miami are contenders, so are the Lakers...These Lakers playing at their best are better than the Miami Heat IMO. It showed yesterday, the Lakers were playing shitty offense and BARELY had 2nd chance points, but still maintained themselves and kept close throughout the game...I can't wait to watch this team come March. I'm excited with what Phil Jackson has planned...

Yeah. You don't wanna face the Lakers in the Play Offs. That's for sure.

acbaylove

« Reply #329 on: December 26, 2005, 06:37:31 PM »
Cooks been getting more minutes than ever...I think Phil is using him wonderfuly and splitting the minutes between Cook, Odom, and Kwame at power forward wonderfuly. As the season progresses, he will see more minutes at power forward and Kwame will see more minutes at center. That will leave Lamar to freely play the 3 spot without having to switch between the 3 and 4 constantly. That should really help the Lakers out and they WILL be an awesome team to watch in the playoffs...

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he's a great player or shit, but i'm anticipating Medvedenko's return. He has always played well under Phil Jackson. He likes triangle, and even tho' he can't defend, he's the type of player who ain't scared to shoot. He has a nice jumper, and we can always use him to foul Duncan, or Garnett, or whoever. 2 months then he's back?