Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 279089 times)

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #330 on: December 26, 2005, 06:42:57 PM »
Look for Kwame to have a big game tomorrow @ Washington...Lakers by 10 or more, no less.

:-X

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #331 on: December 26, 2005, 11:24:25 PM »
    kwame just got clowned on sportscenter

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

wcsoldier

« Reply #332 on: December 27, 2005, 12:36:34 AM »
 I don't understand Odom behaviour on the last possession  >:(. Kobe was very mad at him. Anyways there are ups and downs in a season . Plus I really fear a injury for Kobe , he seems very tired (we have a shitty schedule with all these back 2 back games). Fortunately , there is a rest of 3 days coming after Grizzlies game

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #333 on: December 27, 2005, 08:13:25 AM »

lakers better then the heat???

heat just barely got shaq back and just got Riley in to replace van gundy
they are still gelling together, and like dude up there said Shaq played like shit.... riley said he is over weight and wants him down about 320 lbs

wade was having a great game til the ref's started calling the b.s. foul calls when he was gaurding kobe that put him out of the game early in the 1st half .. "the charge call that shouldve gone against kobe, the call when kobe was driving to the basket and wade was bodying him"
the elbow to the neck was not nice though... ouch

they play again in about 20 days or so at staples here in l.a. so lets see what happens
ive got the heat.

acbaylove

« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2005, 09:46:07 AM »

Maybe not better, but they had a better record.

they are still gelling together, and like dude up there said Shaq played like shit.... riley said he is over weight and wants him down about 320 lbs

The only problem is Shaq replied like "Numbers ain't the most important thing in my life".. ;D
He played like shit. Obviously with Shaq in full effect, the Heat are contenders.
But i'm not sure Shaq will get in shape in time for the Pistons..
He looked fat, totally out of shape. A giant pig.

wade was having a great game til the ref's started calling the b.s. foul calls when he was gaurding kobe that put him out of the game early in the 1st half .. "the charge call that shouldve gone against kobe, the call when kobe was driving to the basket and wade was bodying him"

One of the two fouls was 100% for sure a Wade foul. The one when Kobe drove to the right side: Wade was still moving. The other one i don't remember it. Anyway.......

Wade had to be ejected. Anyway is it me or Kobe and Wade hate each others with passion?

they play again in about 20 days or so at staples here in l.a. so lets see what happens
ive got the heat.

Honestly, it all depends from Shaq.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2005, 10:33:54 AM »
Cooks been getting more minutes than ever...I think Phil is using him wonderfuly and splitting the minutes between Cook, Odom, and Kwame at power forward wonderfuly. As the season progresses, he will see more minutes at power forward and Kwame will see more minutes at center. That will leave Lamar to freely play the 3 spot without having to switch between the 3 and 4 constantly. That should really help the Lakers out and they WILL be an awesome team to watch in the playoffs...

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he's a great player or shit, but i'm anticipating Medvedenko's return. He has always played well under Phil Jackson. He likes triangle, and even tho' he can't defend, he's the type of player who ain't scared to shoot. He has a nice jumper, and we can always use him to foul Duncan, or Garnett, or whoever. 2 months then he's back?

Yea...Regardless of what people may think, the return of Medvedenko will be crucial.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2005, 10:40:36 AM »
Look for Kwame to have a big game tomorrow @ Washington...Lakers by 10 or more, no less.

:-X

Ok? So they played shitty and didn't live up to my prediction. I didn't even watch the game cuz it was delayed, but they were up 16, and from what I heard, let the game slip...Lakers seem to have went back to playing like they were in that November slump of theirs. I really hope they bounce back soon, but these Lakers seem to take their time when it comes to climbing out of holes...Hopefully they can put out Memphis tomorrow, then they have some time to rest for the 2 games (which should be easy wins) against Utah...They should win AT LEAST 4 out of their next 5 games...Kwame is being used as a reserve. I think once he puts forth a 20-15 games, he'll gain his starting spot back...I just hope he can really step his game up, I wouldn't even mind him as an 11-8 guy ALL season like he was in his 3rd... :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2005, 10:43:36 AM »

ive got the heat.

IMO, Lakers are better than the Heat...Give Kobe a night like the one against Dallas, Lakers woulda' won that last game by 40...Lakers had an off-night and held a lead for most of the game and only lost by 5...I am not disappointed. Who woulda' thought that this statement would hold any weight to it back in the off-season? Well, here it is...

Lakers>Heat

acbaylove

« Reply #338 on: December 27, 2005, 11:32:01 AM »
Cooks been getting more minutes than ever...I think Phil is using him wonderfuly and splitting the minutes between Cook, Odom, and Kwame at power forward wonderfuly. As the season progresses, he will see more minutes at power forward and Kwame will see more minutes at center. That will leave Lamar to freely play the 3 spot without having to switch between the 3 and 4 constantly. That should really help the Lakers out and they WILL be an awesome team to watch in the playoffs...

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he's a great player or shit, but i'm anticipating Medvedenko's return. He has always played well under Phil Jackson. He likes triangle, and even tho' he can't defend, he's the type of player who ain't scared to shoot. He has a nice jumper, and we can always use him to foul Duncan, or Garnett, or whoever. 2 months then he's back?

Yea...Regardless of what people may think, the return of Medvedenko will be crucial.

The last time Phil coached him (2003/04) he averaged 8-5 in 21 minutes. Not bad.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2005, 02:21:56 PM »

The last time Phil coached him (2003/04) he averaged 8-5 in 21 minutes. Not bad.

Medvedenko's not your ideal PF-C, but no doubt he'll provide us with some well-needed minutes in the front court.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #340 on: December 27, 2005, 02:23:54 PM »
I'm telling you, this is our roster going into the playoffs...

PG Smush Parker...Aaron McKie/Sasha Vuvajic
SG Kobe Bryant...Devin Green/Von Wafer
SF Lamar Odom...Devean George/Luke Walton
PF Kwame Brown...Brian Cook/Ronny Turiaf
C Chris Mihm...Andrew Bynum/Slava Medvedenko

acbaylove

« Reply #341 on: December 27, 2005, 02:33:35 PM »
Like i said we are one Mourning away from being contenders.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #342 on: December 27, 2005, 02:41:42 PM »
Fuck a Mourning. When we get Bosh in 2007, we WILL be unstoppable. But for now, our front-court is getting better, and with the return of Medvednko and soon-to-be signing of Ronny Turiaf, we will have some depth...Well have Mihm, Medvednko, and Bynum splitting minutes at center, with Kwame starting at 4, but playing a good portion of his minutes at center as well. Then we have Cook, Turiaf, Medvednko, and even sometimes (but it wont be needed as much, thank God) Odom backing up Kwame at the 4. Our SF and SG positions are on lock, so those don't need mentioning...I believe this team can achieve a lot.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2006, 05:13:56 AM »
Damn man!!,.Talk about an emotional roller-coaster...The Lakers went from going 5-1 on that road trip & Kobe scored 62 points in 3 quarters & now we're on a 4 game losing streak and Kobe is out for 2 games and we could be 15-16 by tomorrow.  :(  :'(

wcsoldier

« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2006, 07:41:45 AM »
Damn man!!,.Talk about an emotional roller-coaster...The Lakers went from going 5-1 on that road trip & Kobe scored 62 points in 3 quarters & now we're on a 4 game losing streak and Kobe is out for 2 games and we could be 15-16 by tomorrow.  :(  :'(
the season is long man. The most important thing is to be effective around March. Of course we have to have or nearly have a playoff spot til the final run