Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278996 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2006, 09:23:11 AM »
Damn man!!,.Talk about an emotional roller-coaster...The Lakers went from going 5-1 on that road trip & Kobe scored 62 points in 3 quarters & now we're on a 4 game losing streak and Kobe is out for 2 games and we could be 15-16 by tomorrow.  :(  :'(

If the players stick to their role, the wins will keep piling..Unfortunately, they forgot what got them that 5-1 record on the road trip...Kobe will be back soon and so will the Lakers...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2006, 08:18:43 PM »
6 in a row  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :argue:

fuck fuck fuck fuck goddammit

I fuckin want to break somethign right now I can't stand this shit
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

TeeRaySix9Teen

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #348 on: January 04, 2006, 09:27:53 AM »
6 in a row  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :argue:

fuck fuck fuck fuck goddammit

I fuckin want to break somethign right now I can't stand this shit

It's 5 in a row...LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #349 on: January 04, 2006, 09:34:53 AM »
Lakers>Heat

lol

How is this funny? 1 week ago, the Lakers had the better record. Now that they're in a slump (especially with Kobe suspended, which ruined the chances in our 2 games vs Utah), their record doesn't show for their talent. Also, lets not forget that Kobe's primary back-up, Laron Profit, is out for the season. ALSO, Aaron Mckie, another Kobe back-up player is out as well. That leaves us very thin at the 2. Lakers, in my opinion, can easily beat the Heat if playing to full potential (minus injuries+suspensions). The world saw it, the Lakers lost to the Heat by 4 after playing some shitty ass basketball...Shit, they even had the game in their hands for most of the 3rd quarter, they just simply let it slip away...No one was laughing when the Lakers were on their winning streak, but now that they're in a slump, it's once again Laker-bashing-time...Gay how it works... ::)

acbaylove

« Reply #350 on: January 04, 2006, 10:23:28 AM »
Trust me, man. Nobody wanna face the Lakers in the Play Offs. Not even the Spurs. NOBODY.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #351 on: January 04, 2006, 09:35:14 PM »
well, the lakers are going to play the heat in a week or 2 again so lets see how they fair out
remember 1 game in the regular season so many random variables , and ppl not playing up to play off standards... well see how everything pans out

lakers cant win without kobe, heat can win without shaq as proven

acbaylove

« Reply #352 on: January 05, 2006, 12:52:01 AM »
well, the lakers are going to play the heat in a week or 2 again so lets see how they fair out
remember 1 game in the regular season so many random variables , and ppl not playing up to play off standards... well see how everything pans out
lakers cant win without kobe, heat can win without shaq as proven

Actually they had a negative record without Shaq. Shaq is still their most important player. If he works on his body and he stays in form, it's over for everybody. If... If... i mean.. Forget about it, it's Shaq we're talking about!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #353 on: January 05, 2006, 04:23:32 AM »
Even if Shaq's stats are similiar to Webber's, except for the minutes, he's still 10x more valuable than Webber nowadays. Shaq is a special player, but I think this is the last year in which he can endure 30+ minutes a game. He's signed through the next 4 years, that's pretty nuts, the last couple years he gon play like only in the 4th quarter or some shit.. and still make a difference in close games.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2006, 04:39:01 AM »
Even if Shaq's stats are similiar to Webber's, except for the minutes, he's still 10x more valuable than Webber nowadays. Shaq is a special player, but I think this is the last year in which he can endure 30+ minutes a game. He's signed through the next 4 years, that's pretty nuts, the last couple years he gon play like only in the 4th quarter or some shit.. and still make a difference in close games.

That's the reason why Buss didn't re-sign him. Finally you all Laker-haters are seeing the light.
If Shaq was still so dominant like he used to be Buss would have never traded him.
And if Shaq was still better than Kobe to rebuild a team Buss would have never preferred Kobe to him.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #355 on: January 05, 2006, 05:04:29 AM »
I would have done the same if I was him, but what I would have liked best was keeping Kobe AND Shaq, the only problem was that Kobe was like I sign with another team if you re-sign Shaq, so yes, I damn well rather keep the young guy and trade the old guy than keeping the old guy and giving the young guy away with nothing in return.. that's a no-brainer.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #356 on: January 05, 2006, 10:32:35 AM »
, the only problem was that Kobe was like I sign with another team if you re-sign Shaq,

Actually, that never happened...LMAO. Kobe claimed (before Shaq was traded) that he wouldn't mind ending his career alongside the big-fella. Everything else is simply stipulation...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #357 on: January 05, 2006, 12:09:09 PM »
Deep down you know the truth.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2006, 02:20:23 PM »
Yes, I know the truth...Shaq demanded a huge contract extension (which woulda' put the Lakers in salary cap hell and left them short on Kobe's contract) + Phil Jackson as his head coach, while at the same time in his career he was fat, out of shape, and extremely injury prone...Jerry Buss wasn't havin it, so Shaq demanded a trade. Buss shipped him down to Miami, and the rest is history...Leave that Kobe bullshit at home, that was very minor to the whole situation going on here in LA...

acbaylove

« Reply #359 on: January 05, 2006, 05:16:58 PM »
Shit it's not that hard to understand. Kobe was 25-26 years old, and wanted the biggest contract possible. Shaq was much older, at the end of his career and he wasn't known for being an hard worker at pratice, so it was pretty realistic to predict him out of shape after the big contract (guess what? he's out of shape!), and he wanted the biggest contract possible. Phil wanted an unreal contract, more than the double of the other most paid coach in the League. In a situation like this one Kobe's influence was 0. Phil's influence was 0. Shaq's influence was 0. It was just all about the benjamins. And Buss made the right decision with Kobe and Shaq.