Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278964 times)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #405 on: January 12, 2006, 09:17:22 AM »
Steve Nash ---->  MVP

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #406 on: January 12, 2006, 09:20:44 AM »
any thoughts on last night's lost to Portland?? Portland definately looked like they had more intensity, heart, and effort than the Lakers...Phil's definately pissed

the maryland boys dropped 46 on em'...Steve and Juan were on fire and couldn't be put out.

Yea, my thoughts are that the Lakers believed they had an easy one and went to sleep...Portland has a history of getting prepared when the Lakers come to town. Portland easily played it's best game of the season and the Lakers played one of their worst (especially on the defensive end). Next game, LeBron...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #407 on: January 12, 2006, 09:23:17 AM »
Kobe Bryant

Ranks #9 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes(31.03)

MVP

???

Efficiency rankings are fucked up...Here's your MVP, Steve Nash.

Ranks #13 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(23.59)   

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #408 on: January 12, 2006, 11:16:47 AM »
i can't see why Nash wouldn't be the MVP again this year

he's been without their strongest player (Amare), built confidence in his teammates like Boris Diaw who has stepped up tremendously, Raja Bell, Kurt Thomas, & James Jones (WHO?!) ..AND the Suns are atop the Pacific division showing they are truely a contender by beating the Spurs the other night.

efficiency rankings are bullshit..the true efficiency is your team's record

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #409 on: January 12, 2006, 11:26:22 AM »

he's been without their strongest player (Amare), built confidence in his teammates like Boris Diaw who has stepped up tremendously, Raja Bell, Kurt Thomas, & James Jones (WHO?!) ..AND the Suns are atop the Pacific division showing they are truely a contender by beating the Spurs the other night.

It's not purely Nash, it's the team and the system they're running...Where was Nash all those years in Dallas when they kept getting picked to win the championship, but couldn't do shit? Nash, a good player? Yes...MVP? No...Kobe is overdue for an MVP award anyways... ;)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #410 on: January 12, 2006, 11:34:36 AM »

It's not purely Nash, it's the team and the system they're running...Where was Nash all those years in Dallas when they kept getting picked to win the championship, but couldn't do shit? Nash, a good player? Yes...MVP? No...Kobe is overdue for an MVP award anyways... ;)

no doubt that Nash ain't doin it all by himself..that Suns' defense has really shown that it's premier and not to be fucked with
Dallas had that problem..they couldn't defend shit..they would always try to outscore you and thats primarily why they couldn't win a championship..every1 knows defense is the best offense

Kobe is having a crazy season, definately should be on the MVP ballot but unless he can take the Lakers to the playoffs....he's no MVP IMHO

acbaylove

« Reply #411 on: January 12, 2006, 11:44:20 AM »
Lakers will make the Play Offs.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #412 on: January 12, 2006, 11:51:40 AM »
i hope they do...it would be a shame for kobe to have such an incredible season without makin the playoffs

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #413 on: January 12, 2006, 10:11:34 PM »
Now that was an ending worth noting!

wcsoldier

« Reply #414 on: January 12, 2006, 11:12:03 PM »
Good win for the Lakers, it was a tough game. Great game by Lamar. For the Bron fans, watch the last 2 mins of the game and you know why Kobe >>> LJ. Kobe (injured, shit once again vs Cleveland) made key baskets, Bron didn't, simple as that

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #415 on: January 13, 2006, 12:00:47 AM »
Yup...Like Steve Kerr said at the end of the game, the last 3 minutes is the big difference between Kobe and LeBron and what puts Kobe on another level as of now...Kobe is amazing, even injured, he still comes through...Great game by the Lakers all around offensively, defensively it could've been better...Lakers should win tomorrow. 8)

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #416 on: January 13, 2006, 09:42:13 AM »
good game
the commentary at the end of the game like NIk said.....described the differences
I'm a fan of both Lebron and Kobe...
In the future I see James surprassing Bryant....but not now
Big props to Kobe with those last 3 shots....probably the most effective and important shots of the game..
Lebron..who isn't as experienced in the NBA as Kobe, is not that level of his game where he can take control and make a differnece in times like that....You can tell the differences..Both great players...with more experience Lebron can become like that
this shows that now (and im not biased towards any team) ...that kobe>>>lebron
but IMO, the future will be that Lebron>>>kobe...but you never know...we will have to see

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #417 on: January 13, 2006, 09:47:05 AM »
Well, IMO Kobe leaves the NBA with his mark as (arguably) the best player ever...I see more rings in his future...For LeBron, I see maybe one ring (if he leaves Cleveland) and a great career, but not a top 5 player like Kobe will be for sure...

acbaylove

« Reply #418 on: January 13, 2006, 10:05:48 AM »
In the future I see James surprassing Bryant....

Nobody knows the future. In the present Kobe > LeBron and the rest of the League.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!