Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278986 times)

acbaylove

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #450 on: January 17, 2006, 11:19:26 AM »
Anyone have video of Bynum putting that move on Shaq?

I posted it in the other topic. Good quality.

acbaylove

« Reply #451 on: January 17, 2006, 11:20:11 AM »
I gotta say this too, Im glad we didnt let go of Lamar to acquire Artest.  You'll get more from Artest on the defensive side, but with Lamar you just get better production all around.

Very true...I never thought I'd see someone like you saying this.

I've changed my opinion about it too. On xmas, when i've seen Lamar looking like Horry (on the defensive side) for the first time ever. Since then, he's playing incredible team-defence. Thank God we didn't do that trade!

And to think, you were arguing that you would trade Odom+Kwame for Artest in a heartbeat...LOL. Now you know why I had to tell you like I did.

Well man, obviously NOW it's totally a different scenario, with Artest who totally destroyed his career again. And again. And with Cook who stepped up making the shots Brown was supposed to make. I simply think now we could get Artest without having to add one of them two in the trade. I blame it on Artest, he's really an idiot.

I honestly believe there's a very slim chance Artest is coming to the Lakers...Devean George, Slava Medvedenko, & First Round Pick for Artest...That would be my final offer, take it or leave it.

Yeah me too, but that's because Artest is a moron, not because he's worth only two bench players.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #452 on: January 17, 2006, 11:21:41 AM »
Anyone have video of Bynum putting that move on Shaq?

I posted it in the other topic. Good quality.

is it DVD Quality.  I just found that link, lol it doesnt matter its the same thing lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #453 on: January 17, 2006, 11:58:49 AM »
I gotta say this too, Im glad we didnt let go of Lamar to acquire Artest.  You'll get more from Artest on the defensive side, but with Lamar you just get better production all around.

Very true...I never thought I'd see someone like you saying this.

I've changed my opinion about it too. On xmas, when i've seen Lamar looking like Horry (on the defensive side) for the first time ever. Since then, he's playing incredible team-defence. Thank God we didn't do that trade!

And to think, you were arguing that you would trade Odom+Kwame for Artest in a heartbeat...LOL. Now you know why I had to tell you like I did.

Well man, obviously NOW it's totally a different scenario, with Artest who totally destroyed his career again. And again. And with Cook who stepped up making the shots Brown was supposed to make. I simply think now we could get Artest without having to add one of them two in the trade. I blame it on Artest, he's really an idiot.

I honestly believe there's a very slim chance Artest is coming to the Lakers...Devean George, Slava Medvedenko, & First Round Pick for Artest...That would be my final offer, take it or leave it.

Yeah me too, but that's because Artest is a moron, not because he's worth only two bench players.

Yea, though Devean would be a starter on most teams (probably even Indiana)...

PS I like that Kwame drop-step on J. O'Neal you got in your sig. 8)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #454 on: January 17, 2006, 12:00:25 PM »
http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JJA6XAJRBJ252P10L2RZVLCKZ

It starts from Shaq's dunk

Thanks for the hookup. I like how Bynum went right back at him after getting dunked on. The kid got some balls.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #455 on: January 17, 2006, 08:32:25 PM »
So what are our chances against the Kings? Looks good from here.  8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #456 on: January 18, 2006, 02:16:53 AM »
So what are our chances against the Kings? Looks good from here.  8)
SAC just ripped the Suns. Besides that , we have to be careful, I mean it's just Mentality. This game is just comparable to the Portland one. Blazers were hungrier than us and our defense was terrible. I think if we are focused (that's all about a young team, they can defeat top teams but in the meantime lose very"winnables" games) and our defense is on point I don't see major pbs coz KINGS have no D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #457 on: January 18, 2006, 10:12:50 AM »
For some reason, I have a feeling that the Lakers'll have more trouble againts the Kings than they will against the Sun...

wcsoldier

« Reply #458 on: January 19, 2006, 11:21:54 PM »
This is the worst lost of the season. Lead 102-97 with 35 seconds left  >:( What the fuck was Lamar thinking in driving to the hoop with 14 remaining on the shot clock, it's just fucked up coz he hit a key 3 before that , and this play just discredit that
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 01:15:09 AM by wcsoldier »

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #459 on: January 20, 2006, 12:29:45 AM »
WHAT AN ENTERTAINING GAME!!!! Lakers had it in the bag after playing an outstanding team game but....

A Mental Breakdown by the Lakers at the end of the game

1. Up by 5 with 35 seconds left in the game, Lamar Odom took it to the basket early when he should've milked the shotclock for another 10 seconds and attains a charge that gave the Kings some momentum and a chance to come back

2. Kwame Brown goes to close the lane/trap the ball instead of defending the 3 point line with a 3 point lead

3. Kobe Bryant aka The Closer didn't get the ball to shoot the game winner

I think the Lakers have definately proved tonight that they can survive without Kobe on the floor.

Chris Mihm has proven to me as a solid center with some nice moves for LA but frequently gets into foul trouble
Kobe once again has an incredible game, 51 points, 13-13 FT (46 consecutive i believe which is ridiculous)
Mike Bibby had a well deserved 40 point game, especially how he made some clutch shots at the end to keep the Kings alive
 8) for Kenny Thomas for his first Career triple double...definately earned it, and actually surprised me with his play in OT  :o

Very entertaining game for me...but a gut wrencher for Laker fans.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #460 on: January 20, 2006, 12:36:55 AM »
Hopefully the Lakers really learned something from this game. Straight to the suns tommorow (techincally today by my time zone).

wcsoldier

« Reply #461 on: January 20, 2006, 12:48:19 AM »
Hopefully the Lakers really learned something from this game. Straight to the suns tommorow (techincally today by my time zone).
It's far from being the 1st game we lost this way. In fact 23 of our 39 games have been decided by 6 pts or less !!! We are 12-11 in these games. With better execution down the stretch we easily would  have a 26-13 record . Considering we have the best clutch player in the nba , it's kinda a mess up. Though it shows that with more experience , we will be contender in the upcoming 2-3 years

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #462 on: January 20, 2006, 04:18:20 AM »
If you're gonna pull out the stats.... ;)

Lakers are 0-7 when Lamar Odom puts up 15+ shots

Not trying to diss out Lamar (NY BABY!!!)

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #463 on: January 20, 2006, 04:29:18 AM »
I really can't see the Lakers pullin off a win against the Suns in Phoenix tonight and here's why:

1. Suns are 15-6 at home
2. Steve Nash has averaged over 13 assists in the last 13 games  :o
3. Raja & Marion have been doin it big recently

I predict it will be a close game 101-97, but the X-Factor in my mind is the bench play from both teams
The Lakers have shown that they could survive without Kobe on the court.

wcsoldier

« Reply #464 on: January 20, 2006, 05:24:39 AM »
If you're gonna pull out the stats.... ;)

Lakers are 0-7 when Lamar Odom puts up 15+ shots

Not trying to diss out Lamar (NY BABY!!!)
I like Lamar , he just one of these only players who can do everything on a court, just kinda weak in the key moments (though he hit a key 3 against Indiana and a jumper vs Miami)