Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 279029 times)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #480 on: January 23, 2006, 12:20:23 PM »
Journalists aren't gonna give any1 else the MVP if Kobe takes the Lakers to the playoffs.

There will be a riot in the streets of LA.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #481 on: January 27, 2006, 10:13:37 PM »
94-94 were going to OT 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #482 on: January 27, 2006, 10:44:40 PM »
Ugly win, but a W is a W.
Kobe scoring 30 doesn't seem to good for some reason. lol. (7-21 fg% :-[)

ecrazy

« Reply #483 on: January 28, 2006, 12:07:56 AM »
Did u see Odom Get the shit swatted outta him? DEAR GOODNESS!!!
He Kinda got revenge, but he got fuckin hung!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #484 on: January 28, 2006, 12:33:56 AM »
LOL@Carlton over here..."Dear Goodness". :-X

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #485 on: January 28, 2006, 10:45:35 AM »
Yup, ugly is right. Kobe turned it on when the Lakers needed him to. Good effort by Mihm and Smush as well.

This 7 game trip is crucial for our season. We need to get 4 games at least. I'm looking forward to the Detroit game on Sunday, it should be good.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #486 on: January 28, 2006, 10:53:49 AM »
Yup, ugly is right. Kobe turned it on when the Lakers needed him to. Good effort by Mihm and Smush as well.

This 7 game trip is crucial for our season. We need to get 4 games at least. I'm looking forward to the Detroit game on Sunday, it should be good.

Yea, it should be good if the Lakers show up...Otherwise it'll just be a blow-out.

acbaylove

« Reply #487 on: January 28, 2006, 10:56:54 AM »
I'm looking forward to the Detroit game on Sunday, it should be good.

Kobe should go for history again and get a big win there. Then nodoby could stop him from getting the MVP throphy.

ecrazy

« Reply #488 on: January 28, 2006, 01:01:12 PM »
LMAO @ touchy here, still with his feelings hurt, hahahahahahahahahahahahhahhaahahahahhahaha

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #489 on: January 28, 2006, 01:04:31 PM »
LMAO @ touchy here, still with his feelings hurt, hahahahahahahahahahahahhahhaahahahahhahaha

Yes, I'm very touched. Heeheehee! :-*

wcsoldier

« Reply #490 on: January 28, 2006, 01:07:05 PM »
4-3 for the trip is "realistic" with these 3 back to back games. As a fan I would be satisfy with 5-2  :P

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #491 on: January 28, 2006, 01:38:09 PM »
IF the Lakers beat Detroit tomorrow, they should go AT LEAST 6-1. If not, 5-2 would be nice...

acbaylove

« Reply #492 on: January 29, 2006, 01:22:32 AM »
Realistically i'd say 4-3. It's in those situations where we miss a 2nd scorer option so much.

acbaylove

« Reply #493 on: January 29, 2006, 03:32:28 AM »
My personal opinion: this team will be “the one” you don’t want to face in the playoffs. For a lot of reasons. First of all because it’s a defensive-minded team, and teams built like that are extremely hard to beat in the playoffs. Plus they have Mihm, Brown, Odom and hopefully Turiaf who can defend against Garnett, Dirk, Duncan, Amare, etc.. And, other than that, they are a team who surprisingly plays better away than at home. And, finally, obviously, they have Kobe, who can win games litterally alone. Not to mention Phil still gotta have a team who sucked in the playoffs, and for sure doesn’t want those Lakers to be the first one. You have all to loose against them.

But they are still not ready for the “big run”, imo. They miss something. First of all they miss a 6th man who can attack the basket and score 15 points per night constantly. I see a lot of potential in Wafer, but he’s not ready yet. We need somebody to sign for this season and maybe the next one. Somebody like Spree.. wassup with him? If we can add a player like him without trading our prospects we’re def ready for the big run. If not, i hope we will do it for the next season: a lot of players should accept a paycut to play with Kobe (the MVP) and for Phil, being the 2nd offensive weapon of the Lakers. I mean the Lakers!!! I’m pretty optimistic. I’m loving Jerry trading Shaq lately. I’m loving Jerry signing Phil. I’m loving Phil. I’m loving the draft picks. I’m really optimistic now, we’re one step away from being fully loaded for real. And Shaq will not win another ring!

wcsoldier

« Reply #494 on: January 29, 2006, 10:27:54 AM »
It would be dope to obtain the 6th spot. Here are my reasons :
- first it 's very possible to have the home court advantage with this title division thing. We are currently ahead Denver (by nothing but still ahead) .

2nd : I think there are just two teams against we can"t win a seven game serie . San Antonio has too much experience and bench deep to lose against us (let's be realistic) and Phoenix has just too offensive arms (and Amare will be back). Of course Dallas is a better overall team than L.A.L but with Kobe being hot against them and an interesting Lamar-Nowitzki matchup for us. Plus their inside game isn't that strong. Other teams are very defeatable too. (Don't get me wrong I don't say we are sure to beat the Clippers or Memphis but for me it's 50/50)