Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278987 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #495 on: January 29, 2006, 11:38:29 AM »
My personal opinion: this team will be “the one” you don’t want to face in the playoffs. For a lot of reasons. First of all because it’s a defensive-minded team, and teams built like that are extremely hard to beat in the playoffs. Plus they have Mihm, Brown, Odom and hopefully Turiaf who can defend against Garnett, Dirk, Duncan, Amare, etc.. And, other than that, they are a team who surprisingly plays better away than at home. And, finally, obviously, they have Kobe, who can win games litterally alone. Not to mention Phil still gotta have a team who sucked in the playoffs, and for sure doesn’t want those Lakers to be the first one. You have all to loose against them.

But they are still not ready for the “big run”, imo. They miss something. First of all they miss a 6th man who can attack the basket and score 15 points per night constantly. I see a lot of potential in Wafer, but he’s not ready yet. We need somebody to sign for this season and maybe the next one. Somebody like Spree.. wassup with him? If we can add a player like him without trading our prospects we’re def ready for the big run. If not, i hope we will do it for the next season: a lot of players should accept a paycut to play with Kobe (the MVP) and for Phil, being the 2nd offensive weapon of the Lakers. I mean the Lakers!!! I’m pretty optimistic. I’m loving Jerry trading Shaq lately. I’m loving Jerry signing Phil. I’m loving Phil. I’m loving the draft picks. I’m really optimistic now, we’re one step away from being fully loaded for real. And Shaq will not win another ring!

A 6th man who can score 15 per night? Yea, basically a 6th man of the year caliber player...That's why I was talking about how the Lakers coulda traded for Ricky Davis...Last I heard of Sprewell, he was supposed to be signing with the Clippers (http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=100237.0)...I wouldn't mind Spree with the Lakers, I just don't think he would be the key to our success...I think we have what it takes, we just need to know how to utilize it...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #496 on: January 29, 2006, 11:43:38 AM »
^^With that post "The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread..." over took "Free Post "http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=72095.0 as the thread with the 10th most replies. 8) 8)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?action=stats

Lakers for life. 8)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #497 on: January 29, 2006, 11:58:31 AM »
^^With that post "The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread..." over took "Free Post "http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=72095.0 as the thread with the 10th most replies. 8) 8)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?action=stats

Lakers for life. 8)

;D

Go Lakers
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

acbaylove

« Reply #498 on: January 29, 2006, 01:22:02 PM »
My personal opinion: this team will be “the one” you don’t want to face in the playoffs. For a lot of reasons. First of all because it’s a defensive-minded team, and teams built like that are extremely hard to beat in the playoffs. Plus they have Mihm, Brown, Odom and hopefully Turiaf who can defend against Garnett, Dirk, Duncan, Amare, etc.. And, other than that, they are a team who surprisingly plays better away than at home. And, finally, obviously, they have Kobe, who can win games litterally alone. Not to mention Phil still gotta have a team who sucked in the playoffs, and for sure doesn’t want those Lakers to be the first one. You have all to loose against them.

But they are still not ready for the “big run”, imo. They miss something. First of all they miss a 6th man who can attack the basket and score 15 points per night constantly. I see a lot of potential in Wafer, but he’s not ready yet. We need somebody to sign for this season and maybe the next one. Somebody like Spree.. wassup with him? If we can add a player like him without trading our prospects we’re def ready for the big run. If not, i hope we will do it for the next season: a lot of players should accept a paycut to play with Kobe (the MVP) and for Phil, being the 2nd offensive weapon of the Lakers. I mean the Lakers!!! I’m pretty optimistic. I’m loving Jerry trading Shaq lately. I’m loving Jerry signing Phil. I’m loving Phil. I’m loving the draft picks. I’m really optimistic now, we’re one step away from being fully loaded for real. And Shaq will not win another ring!

A 6th man who can score 15 per night? Yea, basically a 6th man of the year caliber player...That's why I was talking about how the Lakers coulda traded for Ricky Davis...

Both Ricky Davis and Ron Artest were great potential addictions. Ricky as the 6th man, and Ron as a starter. We couldn't get them, probably the Celtics and Indiana asked too much for them. But that's what i'm saying: we're one step away. We were close signing Artest tho. So we were close to being fully loaded. I'm positive.

Last I heard of Sprewell, he was supposed to be signing with the Clippers (http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=100237.0)...I wouldn't mind Spree with the Lakers, I just don't think he would be the key to our success...I think we have what it takes, we just need to know how to utilize it...PeACe

Obviously Spree can't be the key. He's just the only one i think is available right now.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #499 on: January 29, 2006, 05:44:51 PM »
Pistons are playing incredible basketball.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #500 on: January 29, 2006, 06:22:36 PM »
Pistons are playing incredible basketball.

I wouldn't say they were playing incredible...The Lakers just simply played shitty...They had chances to get back in the game, shit, Pistons gave them A LOT of oppurtunities, and other than Kobe, it looked like NOBODY could make a shot...Then with the defence, the Lakers had a few stretches of great pressure defence, then they'd just completely forget their game-plan and leave players wide, WIDE open...Lakers shoulda lost this game by 25+ by the way they were playing...I'm actually shocked that they were able to only lose by 9 when they were playing so shitty the second half...With that being said, I'm look for an EXCELLENT month for the Lakers in February, and I think that's very possible...

acbaylove

« Reply #501 on: January 29, 2006, 06:26:22 PM »
^ Immagine this team in 2 years. 8)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #502 on: January 29, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »
Lamar Odom's 8 TO's = shitty

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #503 on: January 29, 2006, 06:56:43 PM »

Man, Lamar has been so off this past week or so...He's playing awful, worse than he has all season.

Doggystylin

« Reply #504 on: January 29, 2006, 11:45:40 PM »

Man, Lamar has been so off this past week or so...He's playing awful, worse than he has all season.

I'd be lookin to trade him, but then again im not very patient with shitty basketball

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #505 on: January 30, 2006, 10:42:45 AM »

I'd be lookin to trade him, but then again im not very patient with shitty basketball

Fuck trading him...We had a chance to get Artest for him, and honestly, that's probably the best trade you'd currently get for Odom...I know Boston always wanted Odom, we probably had a chance at acquring Ricky Davis and Mark Blount for Odom and some throw-ins as well...If we didn't trade Odom by now, we're not gunna trade him...He's been in a slump after playing some excellent basketball in December and early January...He needs to wake the fuck up BIG TIME, and when he does, the Lakers will finally be a consistantly feared team.

acbaylove

« Reply #506 on: January 30, 2006, 11:18:02 AM »
Damn Odom, don't let me diss you again.. ::)

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #507 on: January 30, 2006, 03:28:36 PM »
I hope the rest of this road trip doesn't go as bad as that game @ Detrot did.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #508 on: January 30, 2006, 03:35:28 PM »
I hope the rest of this road trip doesn't go as bad as that game @ Detrot did.

Well, Detroit is BY FAR the best team on the road trip, and that's already done with, so it can't really get any worse...I'm looking for the Lakers to make some noise second half of the season...Hopefully, I'm not too far off... ;)

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #509 on: January 31, 2006, 07:02:21 PM »
Nice W In NY tonight.