Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278841 times)

acbaylove

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #540 on: February 09, 2006, 07:05:59 AM »
the only thing medvedenko can do in basketball is knocking down semi-open mid-range jumpers.

That's basically what we need. This is a team with players who don't like to shoot. So adding a player who shoots too much can't be a real problem, lol. Oh, and remember during the last season he played with Phil Jackson as the head coach, he averaged 8.3 ppg and 5.0 rpg in 21 minutes, starting 38 times. Very good numbers. So much that Mitch renovated his contract.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 07:08:49 AM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #541 on: February 09, 2006, 10:31:14 AM »
Good win against the Rockets. Cook should start as a PF. Here's why : he's our only consistent shooter and with Kobe dble teamed he can have lots of easy shoots and score 15-20 a game. Then when opposite teams will understand, Kobe will have more space again. Use Kwame and Ronny as solid post defenders and rebounders coming from the bench, especially with Mihm in foul trouble. Plus for the Kobe haters, did u notice he took 29 shots and still have 9 assists? It's the proof it's not on Kobe, just about others steppin their game up and knock shots down  8)

I disagree. Brian Cook is an excellent offensive weapon, but Kwame is just stronger and a more effective presence on the court. Did you see how he shut down Yao last night? Honestly, Kwame isn't the beast I wanted him to be, but he's at least doing something. And if he learns to jam it home with 2 hands EVERY time like he did last night instead of tryna lay it in, he will be more than enough. I'm currently lovin' Cook. No way did I ever believe he'd provide this much in the beginning of the season...You can tell he knows his shit and he's gaining confidence with every game. But they need to bring Cook in off the bench, split his minutes with Kwame. I think when Mihm is back, we're gunna be GREAT...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #542 on: February 09, 2006, 10:32:04 AM »
Good win against the Rockets. Cook should start as a PF. Here's why : he's our only consistent shooter and with Kobe dble teamed he can have lots of easy shoots and score 15-20 a game. Then when opposite teams will understand, Kobe will have more space again. Use Kwame and Ronny as solid post defenders and rebounders coming from the bench, especially with Mihm in foul trouble. Plus for the Kobe haters, did u notice he took 29 shots and still have 9 assists? It's the proof it's not on Kobe, just about others steppin their game up and knock shots down  8)

Wassup with Medvedenko? I think he can score 8-10 ppg too.

Well, Medvedenko is supposedly out for the season. Dunno if he'll make it back in time for playoffs, but it would be a nice addition...

acbaylove

« Reply #543 on: February 09, 2006, 11:31:25 AM »

Well, Medvedenko is supposedly out for the season. Dunno if he'll make it back in time for playoffs, but it would be a nice addition...

Out for the season? Shit, i didn't know that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #544 on: February 09, 2006, 11:33:37 AM »

Out for the season? Shit, i didn't know that.

Yea. Originally he was tryna rehabilitate his injury without surgery...2 months passed by and he wasn't getting any better. They performed the surgery and said he'd be out for the season, maybe back in time for playoffs...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #545 on: February 11, 2006, 10:27:04 PM »
Another horrible loss by the Lakers...Up by 4 at Staples with 50 seconds left. Lakers just been lettin' games slip away way too easily. I'm extremely disappointed...They need to step that shit up and close games out. :-\

acbaylove

« Reply #546 on: February 12, 2006, 03:48:20 AM »
Each of those players lacks a big pair of fat balls around their dick.
That's not the first time, it's maybe the 10th. It's unacceptable.

wcsoldier

« Reply #547 on: February 12, 2006, 06:45:56 AM »
Each of those players lacks a big pair of fat balls around their dick.
That's not the first time, it's maybe the 10th. It's unacceptable.
yep I hope we won't regret all these shitty losses at the end of the regular season. Though unlike others games we didn't make huge mistakes down the stretch , outside maybe Cook shot which was too early but he hits those shots on a regular basis. I watched the game live and of course if that was frustrated, I wasn't dissapointed as I was against Sac, Washington, or Chicago and NJ early in the season

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #548 on: February 12, 2006, 11:36:03 AM »
No mistakes? How 'bout instead of Cook launching an unconcentrated shot with 13 seconds on the shot-clock, Kobe takes a more efficient shot with way less time on the clock. Lakers had the ball, the game was tied, the shot clock and game clock difference was about 3 seconds...That's almost for sure an overtime...Up by 4 with 50 seconds on your home court resulting in a loss is VERY disappointing...Only Sacramento was more disappointing IMO. Hopefully the Lakers go a long streak when Mihm returns...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #549 on: February 12, 2006, 02:17:36 PM »
No mistakes? How 'bout instead of Cook launching an unconcentrated shot with 13 seconds on the shot-clock, Kobe takes a more efficient shot with way less time on the clock. Lakers had the ball, the game was tied, the shot clock and game clock difference was about 3 seconds...That's almost for sure an overtime...Up by 4 with 50 seconds on your home court resulting in a loss is VERY disappointing...Only Sacramento was more disappointing IMO. Hopefully the Lakers go a long streak when Mihm returns...PeACe

WTF was what I thought when I saw that...what was Cook thinking
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #550 on: February 13, 2006, 03:01:06 PM »
That last road trip was a fucking embarrassment..you can't be loosing to bad teams like that..especially the pacers who had back up's out there.

And now we lose another game b/c of Odom.......MILK THE FUCKING CLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   >:( >:( >:( >:(

wE just gotta face the facts that we're a 500. team...the lakers will most likely go 500. on this home-stand that we got right now  ... :'( :boohoo:   

We got to beat the jazz tonight or we're out of the playoffs :(

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #551 on: February 13, 2006, 04:28:16 PM »
That last road trip was a fucking embarrassment..you can't be loosing to bad teams like that..especially the pacers who had back up's out there.

And now we lose another game b/c of Odom.......MILK THE FUCKING CLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   >:( >:( >:( >:(

wE just gotta face the facts that we're a 500. team...the lakers will most likely go 500. on this home-stand that we got right now  ... :'( :boohoo:   

We got to beat the jazz tonight or we're out of the playoffs :(

NO WAY. The Lakers next 7 games are at staples...I'd like AT LEAST 5-2, any less is disappointing. 23 of our next (and last) 31 games are at home. Lakers need to make a run for the 6th spot...

8th spot = Dallas or San Antonio 1st round.
7th spot = Phoenix or Clippers 1st round
6th spot = Denver, Utah, or Minnesota 1st round
5th spot = Dallas or San Antonio 1st round (Lakers need to stay away from this one)
....and so on....

I think we have GREAT chances to suceed in the playoffs, especially if we make it to a 7th or 6th seed...PeACe

Doggystylin

« Reply #552 on: February 13, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »
Lakers can definitley make it all the way up to the 6th spot if they stay consistent cause I have seen them at their best this year and if they play at that level they can beat just about anyone in the west besides san antonio

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #553 on: February 13, 2006, 06:59:40 PM »
You guys like my SIG?  ;D ;D 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #554 on: February 14, 2006, 09:55:09 AM »
Lakers can definitley make it all the way up to the 6th spot if they stay consistent cause I have seen them at their best this year and if they play at that level they can beat just about anyone in the west besides san antonio

Yea...Imagine Denver or Utah in the 1st round and Clippers or Phoenix in the 2nd...Shit would be easysauce in the playoffs. 8)