Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 282806 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #555 on: February 14, 2006, 10:06:13 AM »
Lakers can definitley make it all the way up to the 6th spot if they stay consistent cause I have seen them at their best this year and if they play at that level they can beat just about anyone in the west besides san antonio

Yea...Imagine Denver or Utah in the 1st round and Clippers or Phoenix in the 2nd...Shit would be easysauce in the playoffs. 8)
Plus the lakers have 31 games left and 19 of them are at home. And one of those "road" games is against the clippers. Technically it's 19 Home and 12 Away. 8) And the final 11 games are against western confrence teams. :o

~JR~

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #556 on: February 14, 2006, 04:36:11 PM »
whats this news of Lakers dealing Odom to New York.  but for who?!

DJ QUIK AND SUGA FREE @ THE H.O.B

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #557 on: February 17, 2006, 03:27:44 AM »

ESPN is reporting that the Lakers are considering a trade involving Odom and Penny Hardaway.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #558 on: February 17, 2006, 04:58:59 AM »
Lakers should trade Odom and Brown for Penny's contract, Frye and a pick. Thus they'd lose 2 overpaid players who don't flourish, gain mad cap space after Penny is gone in the summer, and can build their future on Frye, the early pick, Bynum and a big free agent.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #559 on: February 17, 2006, 06:42:48 AM »
Lakers should trade Odom and Brown for Penny's contract, Frye and a pick. Thus they'd lose 2 overpaid players who don't flourish, gain mad cap space after Penny is gone in the summer, and can build their future on Frye, the early pick, Bynum and a big free agent.

Obviously they should. If that's the scenario, then hell yeah i'm down with it. Frye has mad potential (not like Brown..), and with Penny's money we could buy a real superstar instead of Odom.

Parker
Bryant
SUPERSTAR
Frye
Bynum

Looks good.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #560 on: February 17, 2006, 10:33:59 AM »

BS

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #561 on: February 17, 2006, 10:42:49 AM »

Obviously they should. If that's the scenario, then hell yeah i'm down with it. Frye has mad potential (not like Brown..), and with Penny's money we could buy a real superstar instead of Odom.

Parker
Bryant
SUPERSTAR
Frye
Bynum

Looks good.

Nope. A trade like that will kill us for this year AND next year. Frye is good, but losing Kwame leaves only Chris Mihm for front-court toughness (rebounding, blocking, defense, etc.). Losing Odom would also be a lot bigger than you guys actually think. Odom means SOOO much to this team. He's our number 1 rebounder, passer, facilitator, good defender, great offense when he tries...I wouldn't trade Odom AND Kwame for Frye and Penny's expiring contract. Think about it a little harder, it wont work good...Just wait. When Mihm comes back Lakers will flourish. Once he gets back they will win 15 out of their next 20 games. WATCH...I mean, I was at the Atlanta game, I was VERY disppointed, 10X more than anyone on this board...But patience it virtue with the triangle, especially with all the current injuries...PeACe

Doggystylin

« Reply #562 on: February 17, 2006, 11:07:10 AM »
I went to the Atlanta game too, I can't believe they blew that one, they had sooo many chances to win it too, fast break smush missed a dunk then kobe got it and he screwed up too, and then kobe missed 6 free throws, wtf, it was like they were trying to lose, they lost a unloseable game

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #563 on: February 17, 2006, 11:11:45 AM »
I went to the Atlanta game too, I can't believe they blew that one, they had sooo many chances to win it too, fast break smush missed a dunk then kobe got it and he screwed up too, and then kobe missed 6 free throws, wtf, it was like they were trying to lose, they lost a unloseable game

That's the Lakers' luck this season..Man, they can be 35-15 with the way they play sometimes, but they just gave away so many games which were in their hands. Their record DOES NOT show for their skill...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #564 on: February 17, 2006, 12:44:01 PM »

Parker
Bryant
SUPERSTAR
Frye
Bynum

Looks good.

Nope. A trade like that will kill us for this year AND next year. Frye is good, but losing Kwame leaves only Chris Mihm for front-court toughness (rebounding, blocking, defense, etc.). Losing Odom would also be a lot bigger than you guys actually think. Odom means SOOO much to this team. He's our number 1 rebounder, passer, facilitator, good defender, great offense when he tries...I wouldn't trade Odom AND Kwame for Frye and Penny's expiring contract. Think about it a little harder, it wont work good...Just wait. When Mihm comes back Lakers will flourish. Once he gets back they will win 15 out of their next 20 games. WATCH...I mean, I was at the Atlanta game, I was VERY disppointed, 10X more than anyone on this board...But patience it virtue with the triangle, especially with all the current injuries...PeACe

Why not?

Frye >>> K.Brown
? could potentially be > Odom

Where "?" means the player we will acquire in the summer to replace Penny.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #565 on: February 17, 2006, 01:55:20 PM »

Parker
Bryant
SUPERSTAR
Frye
Bynum

Looks good.

Why not?

Frye >>> K.Brown
? could potentially be > Odom

Where "?" means the player we will acquire in the summer to replace Penny.

You don't understand. Frye won't be ready to defend the elite power forwards of the west until 2-3 years. Kwame is at least capable of contributing on both ends, especially the defensive end where he's mostly needed. Then you got Odom. Odom is just way better than Frye currently and will be contributing WAY more to the Lakers in the next 2 years. After that is the '07/'08 plan...We don't need no Frye, Bosh is ours. We don't wanna lose Odom, our facilitator, our double-double guy AND Kwame, our down-low defensive presence, our secondary rebounder just for Frye and an expiring contract...I rather have traded Odom straight up for Artest and kept Kwame...It won't work out to the Lakers benefit, trust me...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #566 on: February 17, 2006, 04:45:43 PM »
You don't understand. Frye won't be ready to defend the elite power forwards of the west until 2-3 years. Kwame is at least capable of contributing on both ends, especially the defensive end where he's mostly needed. Then you got Odom. Odom is just way better than Frye currently and will be contributing WAY more to the Lakers in the next 2 years. After that is the '07/'08 plan...We don't need no Frye, Bosh is ours. We don't wanna lose Odom, our facilitator, our double-double guy AND Kwame, our down-low defensive presence, our secondary rebounder just for Frye and an expiring contract...I rather have traded Odom straight up for Artest and kept Kwame...It won't work out to the Lakers benefit, trust me...PeACe

After Penny's contract exipires you could buy a better defender than Kwame, man.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #567 on: February 17, 2006, 05:34:22 PM »

That's the Lakers' luck this season..Man, they can be 35-15 with the way they play sometimes, but they just gave away so many games which were in their hands. Their record DOES NOT show for their skill...PeACe

"luck".  ::)

id imagine in your opinion their 26 wins are a result of skill....and the 26 losses are a result of bad luck LOL. them playing like shit at the end of the game....isnt "luck". If they were winning by 2 points with 1 second left...and the other team hits a prayer shot from past half court....THATS bad luck.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #568 on: February 17, 2006, 07:55:43 PM »

id imagine in your opinion their 26 wins are a result of skill....and the 26 losses are a result of bad luck LOL. them playing like shit at the end of the game....isnt "luck". If they were winning by 2 points with 1 second left...and the other team hits a prayer shot from past half court....THATS bad luck.

Injuries is not luck? Slava Medvednko, one of our few bigs and offensive-minded players=out for the season...Laron Profit, our most reliable back-up for Kobe=Out for the season...Aaron McKie, our original starting point guard=Yet to start a game because of injuries...Luke Walton=Out for the first month of the season...Lamar Odom=Missed games and is playing hurt...Ronny Turiaf=open heart surgey, JUST returned...Chris Mihm=Been out the past few weeks...Trust me, Lakers will have their shit together come playoff time...PeACe

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #569 on: February 17, 2006, 10:03:06 PM »

Injuries is not luck? Slava Medvednko, one of our few bigs and offensive-minded players=out for the season...Laron Profit, our most reliable back-up for Kobe=Out for the season...Aaron McKie, our original starting point guard=Yet to start a game because of injuries...Luke Walton=Out for the first month of the season...Lamar Odom=Missed games and is playing hurt...Ronny Turiaf=open heart surgey, JUST returned...Chris Mihm=Been out the past few weeks...Trust me, Lakers will have their shit together come playoff time...PeACe

lol

when someone made a comment abou the Lakers, including Kobe...not coming through at the end of the game. You say..."thats just the Lakers luck". LOL Thats the point.